Apple’s next 'You-know-you-want-one' device
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the latest iPad.
March 7th, 2012

Apple’s next 'You-know-you-want-one' device

It’s finally here.

The rumors have been buzzing for almost a year now, and tech sites on the internet have been blogging with speculation and frenzy in the recent weeks, all trying to figure out what is Apple going to come out with next.

And my, does Apple know how to put on a performance.

It sends the media an invitation weeks before the big day, and, in usual Apple flair, layers the anticipation on the day itself, making the tech press squirm uncomfortably in their seats (myself included).

Apple’s CEO Tim Cook rises and talks about numbers; 25 billion app downloads, the opening of Apple store number 362 in Amsterdam, (where, presumably, you will be able to buy the item we really want to hear about).

And some recent accomplishments.

A short history lesson.

Oh look, some new software. (Get on with it already!)

And then finally, the big reveal.

Here it is: the absolute latest gadget that could possibly send cult Apple fans into their next overnight-camping-in-line-to-buy-even-though-I-may-not-need-this-I-want-one frenzy: The new iPad

Apple unveils new iPad

Apple unveiled its long-awaited, next-generation iPad on Wednesday.

New iPad poster child of 'post-PC world'

It does everything you’ve ever wanted it to do, and, more than likely things you never figured you’d want it to do. See why CEO Tim Cook calls it the poster child of the “post-PC world”.

Tim Cook explains why iPad wins market

While there are many other tablets out in the market, here Tim Cook explains why nothing compares to the iPad experience. (And takes a small stab at Samsung in the process).

Post by:
Filed under: Apple • Technology
  1. Blake

You know you want one device.

(looks it over).

Nah...not really. Doesn't do what I need done I'm afraid.

March 30, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mrhapiguy

a better camera which I rarely use anyway. a higher resolution display when the current screen is already very good. that's it? those two minor upgrades and they call it a new iPad? why?

April 1, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. John

a new I-Pay

April 1, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dave

If only Apple products weren't so ghey...

April 2, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jim P.

Until it runs Flash, I don't want/need one. Until I can add a memory card, I don't want/need one. I'd prefer one without the camera(s) also.

Until Apple does it my way, I don't want/need one of anything they sell.

April 3, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • hahahaqw

No worries man, Apple does not need your sale hahaha

April 3, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ted

Until the jacket says "Members Only," I don't want/need one either.

April 6, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  6. Peon

Did that guy hear himself talking there? Albeit, a bit of the presentation was trimmed to highlight the important parts, and his statements were not uttered back-to-back, like it is in the video. But, in the first he says part that the iPad displays 2048×1536 resolution, which is more than HDTV, which is "only" 1920×1080. Then in the next part he talks about the 5mp camera and how it can record 1080p video........umm, what was that? Back up a second or 2....... Are you telling me that the camera on the darn thing can't take pictures or video at the same resolution as it's endowed screen? They even use a family on vacation under an arch rock as an example, showing a larger version side-by-side, knowing full well that the iPad couldn't have taken the picture. "So, listen up people......be sure to take a higher than HD resolution camera with you wherever you go, instead of that fancy iPad thing we sold you......you can look at those pictures, and video you took, when you get home."

April 4, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Matt

Well, iPod and iPad photos go wirelessly to the cloud and then to other Apple devices or downloaded to the mac or PC when you connect via USB. As a longtime pc user whose first smartphone was an Android, I'm happy to be all "Apple" now.

April 5, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |