March 7th, 2012

Female service members sue U.S. military for alleged rape, sexual assault

Eight current and former U.S. service members filed a lawsuit Tuesday alleging they were raped, sexually assaulted or harassed while serving in the military and were retaliated against once they reported the abuse.

Among the defendants named in the suit are current and former Defense and Navy secretaries and Marine Corps commandants.

"Although defendants testified before Congress and elsewhere that they have 'zero tolerance' for rape and sexual assault, their conduct and the facts demonstrate the opposite: They have a high tolerance for sexual predators in their ranks, and 'zero tolerance' for those who report rape, sexual assault and harassment," according to the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court in Washington.

FULL STORY

Filed under: U.S.
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

A post of mine did not make the cut.
    I hope that none of you is accusing me of condoning r-
    ape.
    I don't.
    I said that "sodomy" between consenting adults is fine with me.

March 7, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Hello, JIF.
      Actually, that thought never entered my mind, dearheart.
      Your comments have been the highlight of my otherwise mundane day.
      The pillar of salt comment make me do a spitake with my coffee.
      I would still love to know how that makes you hypocritical.

March 7, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Roflmao @ Joey, BRAVO, you dear, dear man! Im dyin on the pillar of salt comment! Please, keep em comming!

March 7, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

@banasy,chrissy, and joey, thanks for the laugh! I choked on my salad and couldn't keep myself from stopping the laughter. Even I know who that pertains to. They must have looked back at S and M.

March 7, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dazzle ©

Where was my head? Should be S and G!

March 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

That is where their minds and hearts lie, daz.
      That's the one constant in their life.
      Nothing else.
      Nothing.

March 7, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

lmao @ dazzle, you aint blogging at work are ya? :) just teasin ya.

March 7, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

No,not blogging at work but learning to stop and eat lunch. I can't wait to hear the Joey story. I think I might have a slight clue. LOL, no can't be a word that I fired an employee over

March 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

And one day soon dazzle, when im sure youre not eating or drinking anything, ill tell ya the hillarious story of how Joey lst became my hero! roflmao still makes me laugh to this day and im sure does banasy as well!

March 7, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

@chrissy:
      Does genital absorption have anyhing to do with it?
      THAT was the best post *ever*, IMO.

March 7, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

ummm, i believe it was *reproductive organ retracting into the abdoman* or as raven put it, *ur ding ding is in your belly?* lmfao!

March 7, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. ma & pa

Where we live, defense of self and family can include lethal force. Too bad the women didn't live here or the "good-ol-boys" aren't tried in civil court. Shaming the victim is an old dirty-trick. If the 'men' had externally battered the women they wouldn't have had near as much fun, and prosecution would be easier. You people joking about sodomy behave as if you don't know it is a vicious tool of intimidation and subjugation, causing tearing and infections that have killed people, when they were too ashamed of being attacked to seek medical repairs of the horrible damage done to them. Damage to the female oriface has had the same result, with perps laughing over the damage they have done to women who as much as thought of saying "No". It is a war on civilied women and men. No real man does such evil. Now you jerks laugh. May Karma get you all. We never care what you say. We're standing in a place noone else has lived through trying to reach, and what we say about perps is 1/1000 part of a description of what they do.

March 7, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. banasy©

I must have missed something here.
    I saw no one making light of anal ra pe, only people who try to take away from these poor women because they *weren't*.
    Ra pe is reprehensible, not matter what gender, and no matter what orifice.
    I get extremely tired of having to defend what is being done to fellow humans on this board, because a few deem it as not as "horrible", whatever, as anal ra pe.
    ALL RA PE IS HORRENDOUS!
    It doesn't quite matter who is the victim, or the precise terminology...it's abhorrent, it's wrong, and it deserves our empathy, no matter who the victim is.
    One experience (good or bad) doesn't invalidate another's (good or bad).

These women deserve justice.

March 7, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply