March 11th, 2012

Suicide attack at funeral kills at least 11 in Pakistan

A suicide bomber targeted a funeral in northwest Pakistan on Sunday, killing at least 11 people and wounding 30 others, officials said.

The blast took place just outside Peshawar, the capital of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, said city police official Kalam Khan.

While no one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, authorities believe the target may have been members of the Awami National Party.

Khushdil Khan, a party member who is the deputy speaker of the provincial assembly, had gone to the funeral for a local woman. But he left before the attack occurred, police said.

The Awami National Party, which is part of the governing coalition led by Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani's Pakistan Peoples Party, is often targeted by the Taliban.

In February, an explosion outside a political rally in northwest Pakistan killed five people and wounded 10, officials said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Pakistan • World
  1. High Hopes

Please stop... Say What.

You don't know what you're talking about!

Everyone's welcome, but few are invited…

Get it?

March 11, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |

Hi, Hope.
      See, this is what I'm saying...I don't understand the different nuances out there when it comes to the Bible...
      Everyone seems to have a different take on all of the scripures from all of the Holy Books...

IMO, many religious wars are based on such differing opinions.

March 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Hopes

@Banasy
      I've read the scriptures a lot and love the Bible, the Christ and the One who sent him. Its the way to come to know God, understanding Him and becoming His friend. It's never too late.

@saywhat:
      I understand what you're trying to say but the three religions you mentioned have nothing in common. I answered your posts on the previous page.

I'm going to look into the ME website because I am fully aware that we're told as much as they want us to know and know first hand how news is held back til they're ready to release it. Not just CNN but all of them.

Hope

March 11, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I asked for some clarification, and gave an opinion as to the reason there are so many wars based on religion...interpretation of the various books.
      It sounded as if I were being judged...and I know that's not was the intended response, was it?
      I am glad that you study the scriptures. I knew this, and that's why I was asking. I will not ask anything from you again.
      My path may be different from yours, but I know what I need to know, and know WHO I need to know, to give my life deeper meaning and closer to who I need to understand.
      My path, and my conscience, are clear, and I will go where I am intended to go.
      My faith is strong, and will remain unshaken, even by those who disagree with my path, and my light.

March 11, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Hopes

@banasy:

There is no way that I meant to offend you. To ask me to clarify why wars are fought over religion or peoples interpretation of gods is beyond my comprehension. First of all, the only conflict thar was based on Christianity, to my knowlege was between Catholics and Protestants in Europe.... Do I know why? No.

WWI and WWII, the Korean war, the war in Vietnam, the Civil war... none of them were religious conflicts... so, honestly I don't know what to say. The only ones who mix war with religion are those calling for "holy war" against the infidels, mainly the U.S.

I'm sorry if I offended you. To tell you that its never too late was an invitation, not sarcasm.

Truly sorry...

March 11, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Ah, dear Hope, I said *religious* wars...
      Such as what is going on within the warring tribes of the ME, and the war that was fought between the Catholics and the Protestants in England and Ireland...they seem to disagree on what God's word is telling them.

I wasn't offended; merely perplexed.
      Therefore, an apology is unnecessary, but the gesture is touching!

I agree: LET IT SHINE! ;)

March 11, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |

Hope:
      And I know that the invitation was meant for the other people who reads these posts.

March 12, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

Sure @ High Hopes. Everyone here except this writer seems to know what they are talking about.
    Undoubtedly Heaven has been described as a very physical place in the Scriptures. And that was my point in saying that the three religions share the same concept. I quoted verses where this physical aspect was prominent like Mathew 17 and where there were references to virgins either as booty in the war Book of Numbers or as a parabel like in Mathew.
    virgins don't just surface in traditions of one religion only.

March 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. High Hopes

@say what:

I think you know what you're talking about. All the wars fought in the name of God. It is a travesty because the God I know doesn't like us to argue, much less drop bombs on one another!

Respectfully...

March 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • saywhat

@ High Hopes

Thanks for bearing with me. I greatly respect your desire to know more about these festering issues. I try that and have to face a lot of vilification.
      We do need to see an issue in its true perspective and try to be more informed so that when we form an opinion it carries weight.
      This nation has been bamboozled by propaganda, half truths and outright lies to conform to the agenda of self serving politicians in the past decade. No more.
      Good night all.

March 11, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

@ High Hopes, True... It's mans war not Gods war.

March 11, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mary

I am not addressing said bloggers any longer.

March 11, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ¬©

@Mary, you should be ashamed of yourself for the damage that you've done. Impersonating other people with fake names and symbols is horrific. Harassing a troll of my daughter Tori is unforgiveable.

March 11, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ dazzle ©, So let me get this straight. You think I harassed some one who was *trolling* your daughter.
      Lady... Your crazy GN

March 11, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio)"Right Wing Insanity"

your once....twice....three times a lady.

March 11, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |

Ah, The Commadores.

March 11, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mary

@ Jeff Frank (R-Ohio)"Right Wing Insanity"
    How about FEMALE insanity ... I can't believe this is America. I feel as tho I am living in a communist country every time I step into these blogs.
    I also see why some men think women are crazy!
    These ones top them all.

March 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Please look up the word coomunist and it's definition.
      Just because people reply to you does not make them crazy.
      If you don't want people to reply to your posts, you shouldn't post.
      You are trying to squelch our free speech as much as you accuse others of doing the same to you.
      Nice chatting with you again, Mary.
      Good night.

March 11, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Oh, I need to take a bit of my own advice and use spell-check!
      LMAO @ myself!
      I meant the word 'communist'.

March 11, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Good Bye Donna
      I think you got my post above or maybe you didnt
      GOODBYE

March 12, 2012 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I find it exceedingly amusing that *you* think *I’m* the loon.
      Pot, meet kettle.

March 12, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

@ dazzle ©, Get a life Dazz... Good nite

March 11, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ¬©

@Mary, I have a full life. Don't think for a minute you can intimidate me.

March 11, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ‚ôĒMmmmm‚ôē

a heart that has never been touched is a broken heart...

March 11, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

@banasy- see why I avoid religious debates?

March 12, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

You'd think after all this time I would know better....

March 12, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  11. hamsta

Just nuke pakistan iran iraq and be done with it!

March 12, 2012 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Empathy not your strong suit. Yeah I am a tree hugger.

March 12, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |

@Scottish Mama:
      You also have an extremely strong moral compass.

March 12, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  12. hamsta

or you could send all the sodomites over there so god will do it for us.ive read through the comments and some are right and some are wrong.no the bible doesnt need an editor.the editor is the whole problem.god doesnt protect any nation,but he does destroy nations.then again that might be common knowledge if the gay rights people didnt make the editor use the magic eraser and delete the story of sodom and gammorha.what we really need to do is send all the gays to pakistan and nuke the place before god destroys the united states because of the gay lifestyle.

March 12, 2012 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Yeah, yeah, you're a hater, all right.

March 12, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  13. leeintulsa

@high hopes: don't forget about the crusades

March 12, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat) ©

That is the biggest problem with religion in general. Each one has their own interpretation . I, over the years , have studied with numerous religions, and it gets pretty confusing. Their doctrine is basically the same. It's their interpretation that throws the wrench into the works. Though they all claim christianity as their base, they all tweek the bible to fit their orientation. And , the thing that really gets me, is they all say theirs is the only way to heaven.
    Now on the subject of who goes to heaven, well that's a subject I'll have to talk about another time. And yes, I'll even supply scripture and verse for you to check it out. Remind me if ya'll are interested.

March 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |

Hi there bc (iah)

Kind of what I said.
      Great minds think alike, and all that jazz.

March 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ¬©

Hey banasy,

I apologize, I didn't mean to plagiarize your comment. I just jumped on here and didn't really read the previous comments.

March 12, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. yup

Mohamad had written that Pakistan is the doodie that comes out of his butt and also the right hand that wipes it.

March 12, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |