March 16th, 2012

Friday's live events

The race to the Republican presidential nomination remains up in the air.  Watch CNN.com Live for up-to-the-minute news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

Continuing coverage - New iPad goes on sale - We'll be inside and outside Apple stores nationwide as fans purchase the latest incarnation of the iPad.

8:25 am ET - Romney at breakfast - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney returns to the campaign trail with an appearance at a pancake breakfast in Rosemont, Illinois.  He'll later travel to Puerto Rico for a rally in Old San Juan at 7:00 pm ET.

9:00 am ET - Clooney participates in Sudan protest – Actor/activist George Clooney will join others outside the Sudanese Embassy in Washington for what's being described as an "action of civil disobedience."

10:00 am ET - Annan briefing on Syria - Former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan addresses the U.N. Security Council on his recent trip to strife-torn Syria.

11:30 am ET - Santorum rally - GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum rallies supporters in Osage Beach, Missouri.  He'll later speak at a high school outside Chicago at 3:00 pm ET.

12:20 pm ET - Obama on the campaign trail - President Obama is also getting in the campaign spirit, speaking at a Chicago re-election reception.  He'll then go to Atlanta for remarks at a campaign events at Tyler Perry Studios at 8:25 pm ET.

3:00 pm ET - Gingrich in New Orleans - GOP hopeful Newt Gingrich looks to keep his presidential aspirations alive as he meets with voters at a New Orleans restaurant.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Apple • Elections • Politics • Republican Party • Technology
  1. Scottish Mama

Looking at most of what he passed made us in this mess and he would get stuff passed and would not have a payment plan. I guess those rich white boys go shopping and never have to pick up the tab, daddy does.

March 16, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. chrissy

I said *i know* to dazzle mama. The @ mama was a response to your 8:00 pm post.

March 16, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Scottish Mama

K. I am glad to see you were spared from the tornato. We have had rain, but no tornatos this year. The one last year hit a subdivision over. Everything on the street except a couple of houses still standing but damaged. It was less than 1/4 of a mile from my house. I walked there the next morning, it was a shocker to see, total devistation. You would see a little mermaid disc here and a bike here, just bits of people lives everywhere.

March 16, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Scottish Mama

@bobcat I am, the nude comment made me chuckle yesterday.

March 16, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. chrissy

Lol @ mama, my first experience (that i remember) with tornados was july lst last year. Ended up with a tree stickin into my dining room. That was mild next to yesterdays weather!

March 16, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. chrissy

Tornados are NOT an average thing in michigan so i was amazed there were NO serious injuries, let alone no deaths. We do have a wonderful weather crew on our local tv station though. And they deserve so much credit for how well this turned out!

March 16, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • patrick ©

@chrissy, I am glad to hear you are okay. Up here in the Rockies we had freezing temperatures and plenty of snow. I've been housebound with a broken hand and arm. At least now I can key on my phone. I spoke with the real @Dazzle tonight and she told me about this idiot fake dazzle. She was laughing so hard,she could barely speak. When I read this I laughed too. You are all good people for recognizing this wasn't her. To know her is to love her and this fake is instantly unlikeable. Southern hospitality in the Delta, please kill me now.

March 17, 2012 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  7. Scottish Mama

Sorry guys and dolls just got a call from some friends they are having an inpromptu patio party it is like summer here and we are going over to have a few drinks. lol Night to the early morning.

March 16, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. chrissy

lmao @ patrick, now im lmao, the delta, aint that where hamsta is? And we know how hospitable that would be. Sorry about your arm but im off to bed now. A comfortable bed NOT in the basement! Good nite and ttys! Chao!

March 17, 2012 at 3:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Arief

It was definitely a hiitorsc moment... the ensuing speech was so hope inspiring, it was like NYE here (ATL). Take it easy fellas. PS – when are you coming back to Atlanta?!

April 24, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse | Reply