March 30th, 2012

Friday's live events

The race to the Republican presidential nomination remains up in the air.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

12:00 pm ET - Santorum rally - GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum spends his Friday in Wisconsin, starting with a campaign rally in Hudson.  He'll also speak in Chippewa Falls at 4:00 pm ET, then attend a fish fry and bowling outing in Weston at 8:00 pm ET.

12:45 pm ET - Gingrich at college - GOP hopeful Newt Gingrich is also in Wisconsin, and he will speak on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.  He'll later hold a "beer and brats" rally in Green Bay at 5:00 pm ET.

2:35 pm ET - Obama goes to New England - President Obama is also in the campaign spirit, as he'll speak at a fundraiser at the University of Vermont.  He'll make similar remarks at a community college in Maine at 5:10 pm ET.

3:05 pm ET - Romney speech - GOP frontrunner Mitt Romney discusses "restoring America's promise" at an event in Appleton, Wisconsin.  He'll later attend a Milwaukee fish fry at 7:00 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Politics • Republican Party
  1. chrissy

I just pooped in my pants.

March 30, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ banasy

That was just a test pattern. I've been having a problem getting my comments posted again. How goes it tonite ?
    I just got back from the Sandusky story. Looks like it got rough in there today.

March 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rosileia

Jeremy is a lot more respectful than most of the peolpe Peter debates, and allows Peter to make his points.

April 24, 2012 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. Debbie

I'm not looking forward to November. For the first time ever, I will be voting outside of my party. I cannot possibly cast my vote for someone I have no faith/trust they will do what as they espouse. My father isn't just turning over, he is spinning.

March 30, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

What, you can't use 'test' like the rest of us? lol

Nah, just the same thing that happens everyday.

I find it somewhat amusing that the folks who complain the loudest about the regs trying to turn people against them are the first to jump on a bashing bandwagon of someone they don't agree with at the drop of a...well...hat.

It would also be nice if CNN went back to the old reply format, because this new one is not working out so well.

March 30, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. leeintulsa

so the 'live events', are they always just about politics, or is that just this year? i can't get video on my phone, and don't watch cnn, so always seemed a pointless thread for me to visit..

March 30, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Trlhntr

TROLL HUNTER,who am i? Who, who, who, who. Im out of the cage and im damm hungry! So to all TROLLS its the weekend and is here this is when i come out to feed on the souls of TROLLS , come out to play

March 30, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Trihnter, whatever the hell that name means, enjoy your Spring Break, on a beach or someplace outdoors.

March 30, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ Trlhntr

You ought to have a pretty good smorgabord

March 30, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Trlhntr

A nice secluded beach is what im in search now any suggestions? Im thinking somewhere in central america for soon

March 31, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Trihnter, try Costa Rico. Here in Mexico, there are too many Spring Breakers and it is impossible to find solitude let alone seclusion.

March 31, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  9. Superman

@@@Bobcat(in a hat) yes a pretty damm good meal here at CNN and i plan on staying to! I preffer scallops but this will do!

March 31, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

Excuse me! Donna but if you go back to the blogs NO one gangs up on you, chrissy, Joey, dazzle, ect
    SHOW US PROF!
    All anyone has to do is look at the archives to see your LIE!
    So if I were you, I would keep my trap SHUT!

March 31, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Mary, Good Morning to you. It sounds like you are having a bad day. I see that I am mentioned in your post but I. Don't know a poster named Donna, so I'm not sure what you mean. Have a good day in this gorgeous weather.

March 31, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

As usual, I have no idea what you are talking about, Mary.
      I haven"t even adressed you.
      Would you please be a dear and tell me my supposed error now?
      Thanks, and bless your little heart.

March 31, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

When one posts an opinion, and several people disagree with it, it means several people disagree with it, and not that anyone is ganging up on anyone else.
      I'm so sorry if one feels so insecure.
      Please tell me what I lied about, for I never have.
      I WILL defend myself if someone lies about ME, though.
      I must have touched a nerve somewhere.
      Please point out what it was, so I have the option of repeating it, or not.
      I WILL NOT, ever, keep my mouth shut, ever, as to an opinion I disagree with.

March 31, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Now how odd is that? A HOSTILE christian? Who woulda thunk it lmfao!

March 31, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@chrissy: the world is crawling with em

March 31, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Good morning dazzle!

March 31, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

lmao @ lee, i know im sorry i forgot my sarcasm font. lol

March 31, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. Superman

@@@chrissy,,,,,,,, how was your sleepy?

March 31, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. Superman

@@@dazzle c,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ive been to rica, mexicos out of the question for sometimeto dangerous, i know honduras has some beautifull places. Need to get out and recharge

March 31, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |