April 2nd, 2012

Bin Laden's widows expected to be charged in Pakistan

Three widows of Osama bin Laden are expected to be charged Monday with living illegally in Pakistan, an offense that carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

The three women - identified by U.S. and Pakistani officials as Amal Ahmed Abdul Fateh, Khairiah Sabar and Siham Sabar - have been in Pakistani custody since U.S. Navy SEALs raided bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad and killed the al Qaeda leader in May 2011.

Pakistani authorities have started legal proceedings against the widows, alleging forgery and illegal entrance into Pakistan. The charges are expected to be filed Monday, said a source familiar with the widows' case.

The source said the Yemeni government has expressed readiness to let Fateh, bin Laden's youngest widow, return home. Saudi Arabia, where the other two women are from, has been more resistant.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Osama bin Laden • Pakistan • Terrorism
  1. pHILIP

So much for the bloggers who have been posting that Pakistan was helping Bin Laden hide. Remember? The jerks who were saying b/s like cut-off aid to Pakistan, ban entrance into the USA to Muslims, etc. Let's see if any retractions get posted.

April 2, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. pHILIP

@Chrissy. Get a clue. Are you one of the 25% of Adult Americans who cannot derive even simple information from the written word? (source:National Adult Literacy Survey 2006, costing 14 million dollars to survey) Who said they were AGAINST CNN blocking and deleting posts? Nobody here. How is it that you thought there was?

April 2, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  3. Chrissylock Holmes, P.I.

Lmao. Brilliant deduction Chrissy! Watson! My pharmaceuticals and a glass of water! Oh, and my cane. No, not that one. The four legged one. :)

April 2, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Please give this a rest.
      This behavior is demeaning.

April 2, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

@ philip, you get a clue! And how convenient that marys post disappeared huh?

April 2, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

I said this yesterday:
    OBL was surely a busy man if he could run around hiding, while on dialysis, and still have time to procreate four more times.

I highly doubt that those women followed him around out of blind love; more like blind subugation.

April 2, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. pHILIP

@Saywhat...I agree. It's not like here in the US where the wife has to pay the bills of the lazy dirtbag she divorced. And do not these women belong at OBL gravesite from time to time just as we visit our lost loved ones graves? I think the US gov (aka taxpayer) should foot the bill for a submarine to take these women to visit their husbands grave.

April 2, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Gotta give ya credit philip, that was pretty smart, to post that under her name and than report abuse. But its still in archives dude! And i bookmarked it on my phone.

April 2, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  8. Scottish Mama

@pHiLIP- Are you Mary and the others? Name them all, please.

April 2, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. pHILIP

@Chrissy. I've never reported abuse to CNN. You must have me confused with those who have. The kinds of abuses I report here are the kind that make a little boy's ass bleed in the church basement. The kinds of abuses one does to his or her own body, the kinds of abuses that have our nationwide obesity program enrolling our children, etc. Maybe check with some gossipy old ladies?

April 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

One can't report abuse on some phones.

@Scotiish Mama:
      Hi.
      To name them all would use up much needed bandwith.
      It matters not; one's right to post is still intact.
      One's right to insult seems to be seems to uniquely belong only to this individual.

April 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. pHILIP

@Scottish Mama. Good to see you again, although not in my face. :)
    What aliases do I use, you ask? Ready? It's a long list starting back to 1998 when i created Ahkmed the Terror Guy. (1998 was the year OBL was known for blowing up a US Embassy in Africa. Others include, but are not limited to:
    Goose Gander
    Philipe de Magnifico
    Banazi
    phil (b4 I found out what a small letter indicated)
    Mountain Man
    Colorado Guy
    Joey Igotta-Lottabaloney (he he)
    Chrissylock Holmes, P.I. (above)
    Father Magilicutty
    Mr. Triglyceride
    B.I.S.tro
    DAnNy sEroQeL
    SHarOn sEroQeL
    etc, etc, etc. Keep in mind I've been blogging since before 'blog' was a word. Why do you ask?

April 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Scottish Mama

Just wondering if you are the person who is mean or if you use it because you are being trolled? I think maybe someone has enjoyed starting some fights, beyond just trolling someone but starting discord with regulars, the ultimate in play by a troll.
    So you are not Mary? So then my assuption might be true? You do not troll Chrissy or banasy?

April 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mitch

Now that's A $ $ backwards! To charge Bin Laden's wives and kill him, then the US gives him an undeserved burial at sea.

US Senator Lindsay Graham: "I’m not so sure that was a wise move. I think that may have been sensitivity taken too far."

The internal criminal court would have done a better job at killing him...but SLOWLY! (laughing sadistically)

April 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. pHILIP

Scottish Mama, I never post using someone else's unique username. I always put a twist on it so everyone knows it wasn't, for example, *banasy* actually posting. Hence, Banazi. (buh-nay-zee, to avoid pointing out any resemblance to Nazi Catholics who sided with Hitler insted of with their fellow Catholics who had joined the resistance) There *Is* a huge difference between simply trolling someone and actually stealing a person's unique username and posting as them. (Mary? Heck no. She's the cutest little gal you ever wanted to see, especially for being from NY. he he)

April 2, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I'll have to check out if there were any Nazi Catholics in my family tree.
      As some of my family have died during the Holocaust, I am sincerely doubting it.
      Thus, avoiding any confusion that the poster was trying to make about my family name, accented differently, depending on what part of the country they are living in.

April 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Scottish Mama

I do not use others names either. I did use Peter Frampton though to describe Bin Ladens wives though. I do it in fun but never to do mean things or say mean things. I usually do it under Scottish, with whatever I have to say. I am not always right and like seeing what other have found or say. (like Carlyle Group) ya know stuff I can look up meself. Got to go Philip-nice seeing you again, Have an enjoyable day, it is beautiful here, Scottish. My smiling face here.

April 2, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

Scottish Mama:

A small letter indicates, in my case, the way I prefer my username to look, nothing more.
    Anyone infering anything else to it after repeated explanations is projecting their own thoughts onto something totally inncocent.

The perversion of someone's name, such as Banazi, (which was done to post insulting material about myself) and ChrissyHolmes, P.I., and the repeated attacks on Jeff Frank's name, (such as the the totally repugnant use of the word "R e t a r d o b i l i t y" instead of "Insanity" in the fake's u/n) says something else altogether about the pathology of the poster(s).
    I consider this to be mean, dismissive of other's feelings, and a slam against the person whose u/n is being b a s t a r d i z e d.
    I do not think that it is meant as a tribute to the people's names used.
    You've seen this one before:
    "Joey Whatta-Lotta Baloney" (or something similar)?
    Someone perverting JIF's name like this does not have good intentions, not when there is a plethora of names that can be used...
    It shows distain for the original poster, as, I believe, the intent is.
    Just because this person *can*, I suppose.
    It's a form of bullying, or so I've been told.

April 2, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |