April 5th, 2012

CNN prime time: Kid-free zones on planes, 'nothing left' for Santorum

Specter: No point in Santorum continuing

Former Senator Arlen Specter is mincing no words when it comes to whether or not it's time for GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum to throw in the towel. At the risk of revealing his stance, "there's nothing left," "beating a dead horse" and "it's over" were among the phrases he used. Watch to find out why Specter says ulterior motives are in play.

Flights with a no-child zone

When it comes to kids on airplanes, don't get Richard Quest started. Woken up one too many times by a screaming tiny passenger, the CNN anchor is applauding a move by Malaysia Airlines to institute a no-child zone on its A380s. He and (mother of two) Gloria Borger debate the issue on CNN's "John King, USA." Watch to find out what REALLY puts Richard over the edge.

Swain: 'Hoodies feed into stereotype'

Questions remain unanswered and national debate rages over the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin. On CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," Wolf Blitzer hears from two guests who don't see eye-to-eye over racializing the case or whether or not a boycott of Sanford would be effective.

1. Brian Paffen

I LOVE Carol Swain! I wish she were my mother. What a wonderful, wonderful woman! I can't stand the guy she had to contend with during the interview. BTW, I'm a white male.

April 5, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

@ Annie Dollarhide
    Why do you waste our time like this. Where is your story? This is the fourth or fifth time you've posted a header with no story. Does CNN know your doing this?

April 5, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. leeintulsa

santorum can't quit.. god says he can't 'pull out' – stephen colbert

April 5, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Specter is right: it's all over for Santorum.
    That's a good thing, as it signals progress. Romney is more concerned with reality than Santorum is.
    Santorum will have more time to stay home with his Bible and other sacred objects, which is perfectly all right–for him.
    One thing that Santorum and, sadly, too many other members of my preferred political party cannot accept is that they are free to choose their own religious beliefs, or lack of beliefs.
    They really, really cannot grasp that I have the same right that they do: I am also free to choose my own religious beliefs. In fact, I am free to believe nothing supernatural at all. I am even free to change my mind about my religious beliefs.
    It's progress when some politicians can't get nominated and elected by preaching in a country that has separation of church and state.
    It's not enough progress, but it's a little.
    ----
    BTW: OBAMA 2012!

April 6, 2012 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. JerseyJeff

I can't read the article, but I love the sound of it!

I agree with almost nothing Santorum has said, but this could make me a supporter! LOL

No more bassenets with 8 kids running around on long distance international flights!

April 6, 2012 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. Go Romney!

President Romney will lead this great nation just as Joseph Smith led the Mormons west from Palmira, NY. The Mormon way. Where you aren't allowed to drink Pepsi but you can own it. Where that extra chimney in your house is for "visiting guests". And you thought Romney would blow-off the angel Maroni for a petty citizen. Maybe for your vote.

April 6, 2012 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • JerseyJeff

No cult members in the Oval Office.
      We don't need anybody that truly believes there were holy golden plates found in America that only Smith could read and started a "religion"
      Come on people... Doesn't anybody in the Mormon Church realize they are based on a lie? It's gotta be the longest running con in history.

April 6, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  7. Go Joey!

Yes, Joey. You are free to find a piece of wood and fashion it into the god of your choice, as has been the case throughout human history. So big deal your rights.

April 6, 2012 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Wood–hell, no.
      Gold.
      How about a cow...or was that a calf?

April 6, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. Go Joey!

It was a calf, albiet a gold one. And it had a pan of burning oil where parents handed their children over to the high priest, who sacrificed the child to the od of War.
    But that was then. This is now: We still have the same old high priests preaching kids onto "God's battlefield" the world over. But since then we've added the fairy tale extortionist wolf god repleat with his fiery hell where citizens who don't get with the program burn forever. And people still actually buy-into this sh/t. What the hell? he he

April 6, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

Really. When are we going to have a presidential candidate that doesn't buy-into the burning hell wolf god? Someone who DOESN'T Believe that God is an extortionist. "Burn in hell you heathens" ??? Who in their right mind subscribes to that theory.

April 6, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Mercedes

The really dissguting thing is that people like Santorum did not have any problem at all with Romneycare when it passed..oh noooo, they thought it was a great idea..why the people from the Heritage Foundation showed up for the bill signing..and now like the back stabbers they are they change their minds.As for the government takeover of Wall Street..I had not noticed that Wall Street has ceased to exist or that it had been taken over..and this is coming from a guy who voted 5 times to raise the debt ceiling.

April 24, 2012 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Hi, Philip.
    I knew it was you, and I knew it was a calf. I made it a question to suggest an amorous element in the creation of my idol.
    JIF, D.D.