April 5th, 2012

Thursday's live events

Some say the race to the GOP presidential nomination has been decided, but others warn it's not done yet.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

11:30 am ET - White House briefing - Spending and the devastating Texas tornadoes will likely top Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

1:30 pm ET - Gingrich in Delaware - GOP hopeful Newt Gingrich looks to keep his presidential campaign alive as he addresses the Delaware Electric Cooperative.

2:10 pm ET - Obama to sign JOBS Act - President Obama will sign legislation that supporters say will help small businesses and create jobs.

2:45 pm ET - Romney talks energy - GOP frontrunner Mitt Romney participates in an energy event in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics • Republican Party
  1. Superman

@@@bobcat,banasy,chrissy,leeintulsa,goodmorning!!!!!

April 5, 2012 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

I just pooped in my pants.

April 5, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Superman

I am Superman.
    I am a loser.

April 5, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. ♔Mmmmm♕

how long must we have disregard for the dignity of life and personhood of the unborn and our fellowman? 99.9% of this worlds problem would be resolved if we only reverence these two things: personhood and human life...

April 5, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. Superman

This is real superman!!!!!im the richest man at heart

April 5, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • ♔Mmmmm♕

ta-da-tah-daaaahhh!

April 5, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. JerseyJeff

Does it matter if it's over or not? Any of these GOP candidates are going to get slaughtered in the general election.
    Obama is able and has started to capture the middle and always had the Left. This leaves any GOP candidate with the Right and late to the party to pick up the middle.

April 5, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy ©

Not me OR chrissy.

April 5, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat) ©

A business man got on an elevator and there was a blonde already in there. She greeted the man by saying, T-G-I-F.
    The man responded by saying, S-H-I-T
    She looked at him, puzzled, and again said, T-G-I-F.
    The man responded again by saying, S-H-I-T.
    The blonde was trying to be friendly, so she decided to explain things. So she again said, T-G-I-F, Thank goodnes it's Friday.
    And the man responded by saying, Sorry honey it's Thursday.

April 5, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • ♚Mmmmm♛

lol...

April 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Little Johnny came running down the stairs crying wildly. What's the matter ?, his mother asked. Well, said Johnny, dad was hanging pictures and he hit his thumb with a hammer. Well that's nothing to cry about, said the mother. Why didn't you just laugh ? I did said Jhonny.

April 5, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • pmk1953

bobcat(in a hat) , I think Johnny's dad is related to MY dad. I remember getting my little butt tanned for laughing when my dad busted up his knuckles while working on the car. I also got it for ducking when my mom tried to zap me for being a smart@$$. I look back and think it's funny now. I firmly believe a kid's brain is directly connected to their butt. I know mine was. (great BIIIGG smiley face inserted here)

April 5, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Words to live by

Any idiot can p1ss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh1t on the ceiling.

April 5, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jessicagravez

Expand your mind and expand your knowledge. There are still jobs out there. Go after a degree in the field of your choice and on demand. Find your field at High Speed Universities websites to know which are on demand and suitable for you.

April 6, 2012 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |