April 6th, 2012

Friday's live events

Some say the race to the Republican presidential nomination is over, while others argue that it's not over yet.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

10:15 am ET - Obama addresses women's forum - President Obama will deliver remarks at the White House Forum on Women and the Economy in Washington.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. saywhat

@ banasy

Agree.
    In the final analysis its us the voters who matter not the candidate. Go with your conscience with an eye on where we want this country headed.

April 6, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

@banasy. I beg to differ. All of the candidates who have a realistic chance of winning believe and have taught that American citizens who don't get with God's program end-up burning in a place called "hell" forever. (crazy as that sounds) We really have no choice. Our next leader will in fact be a man led by the wolf god.

April 6, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@Philip:
      And that is based on your belief.
      And that's fine.

I stand by what I said:
      Obama can't get anything passed *now*.
      There is no one candidate that will satisft everybody.
      Therefore, vote what one's conscience dictates.

And let everyone else do the same.

April 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

Not Philip @ 11:51

April 6, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat) ©

It appears to me that politics is the top subject here today. So be it.

Dan Quayle, Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton were traveling together in a car in the mid-west. Suddenly a tornado appears and lifts their car into the air. When the car finally comes back down, they realize that they are in the land of OZ. Realizing this, Dan Quayle says, "While wer're here, I think I'll ask the wizard for a brain." Newt Gingrich says, "I'm going to ask the wizard for a heart". Bill Clinto says, "Where's Dorothy ?

April 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Thanks for the laugh, Rawr.

April 6, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mr Dalloway

Google shaken baby syndrome and Zimmerman

April 6, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Personally I want to see this country moving in the direction we are moving now. The right direction. Under President Obama, even without the help of congress, things are steadily improving. The stock market is way up, jobs are being added every month, unemployment is down, America is getting respect back. To stop this momentum now by changing the leader makes no sense. At least we have a leader now who actually cares about we the people.

April 6, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. wolf god

Follow the wolf god or burn in hell.

April 6, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Corpus Crusty

Ya seen one wolf godder, ya seen 'em all. Wolf god. Makers of fine products such as Rapture and 'Burn in hell you heathens'. Available out of the mouths of preachers and politicians the world over.

April 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lunatic Fringe

I know you're out there...

We won't let you kill the laughter.

'Cause you've gotta blame someone
    For your own confusion
    But I'm on guard this time
    Against your final solution

April 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. wolf god

All I said was wolf god. Don't red riding hood now. C'mon. What do you folks who believe in freedom think of the hellfire doctrine? Where everyone who doesn't behave burns in hell forever?
    The wolf god isn't the true God! He's just the god that's been portrayed to you by your leaders who use God for war and for vote. God wouldn't allow us to be burned alive forever anymore than you would torch your puppy for pooping on the rug too many times. Get a clue you helffire'ers. The gigs up.

April 6, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@wolf god: i believe in freedom. that allows me to ignore the drivel that comes out of the mouths of extremists. they are free to believe what they want, as i am free to ridicule them. as that would be hurtful, and i really intend to hurt no one, i choose to keep my mouth shut.

you are not going to change anyone's mind. arguing with beliefs (religion, racism, etc) is beating ones head against a brick wall.

when they attack me personally, or slam victims in the name of their god, i can rise to defend. but just casual conversation? it goes nowhere..

you are certainly free to post what you will, but don't try to drag me in with you..

April 6, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ leeintulsa

Very well said. That is wha'ts so great about this country. Everyone is ent itled to believe as they will. Just because a person has a strong opinion on a subject, it is still just that, an opinion. You have no say in what I want to believe. I too become irreverant from time to time, but it is not focused on any specific person. I just call it, "comedy relief". And I'm sure many people have an opinion about that also.

April 6, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. saywhat

@ bobcat
    President Obama has tried to go with his good intent for this country against tremendous odds. standing up against an opposition dead set on getting him unseated and the country's interests be damned. Sleazy politicking dragging his race, faith & origin into question.
    His election had won us some of the prestige, dignity & credibility that we lost during the Bush-Cheney era of infamy
    If re-elected perhaps he would be more empowered to carry out his stated agenda.

April 7, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ saywhat

This is a very late response.

I agree, President Obama has overcome all the odds. He is a man of integrity and the world is seeing the US with a leader who is trying to rebuild relationships. I am so proud how he weighs everything out and doesn't rush into conflict. That something we haven't seen in a long time.
      When he gets reelected, if we are able to give him a congress that will work with him, I see nothing but good days ahead. Let's hope for the best in November.

April 7, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |