April 7th, 2012

Pakistani official: More than 100 soldiers trapped in avalanche

More than 100 soldiers are trapped after an avalanche in the Siachen glacier, a Pakistani military official said Saturday.

Rescue operations are under way, and no deaths have been confirmed, said Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: India • Pakistan • World
  1. FREE MP4/3GP VIDEOS FOR FREE, 4 ADULT ONLY

this just in

April 7, 2012 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT (( dank smoking , beer drinking trailer trash from belton missouri ))

this shounds like a fishy way to have a snow day...
    they are probablly camping out haveing a snow ball fight

April 7, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

Siachen is one of the toughest spots in the world to survive. And a strategic one for both India & Pakistan. It takes almost super-human effort to do a tour of duty up there. If one reads up on that part of the world.
    Human loss of life is always a tragedy.No matter where it occurs.

April 7, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. ♚Mmmmm♛

im in agreement...sno'balls for everyone...i want rainbow...bluebubblegum is old news!

April 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right vs. Wrong"

@chrissy troll
    We'll hunt you down like a dog. After we find you, we'll find a pair of well soiled Depends, then push your face down in them and rub your nose in it.

April 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right vs. Wrong"

@CNN

You see? You're a couple comments closer to shutting this site down.
    You might want to make users "register" to filter out all of this riff raff, people are getting tired of you allowing it to continue.

April 7, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • ♚Mmmmm♛

...so zimmerman...

April 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • 54321

Sounds like he's tired of reading about s h ! t.

April 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

Jeff, I agree with you 100%. They need to integrate a password system so we might be able to have some intellegent converstion. This is really getting old.

April 7, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nunof

Nunof those were Chrissy.

April 7, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right vs. Wrong"

Yeah bobcat. No matter if it's to learn from others, have a little off topic joke or fun, have serious conversation there's always one or more jokers on here intimidating others. And CNN allows these screws up in here, going against the community guidelines.
    I don't know..maybe I should take a vacation from this blogging thing altogether. I didn't know if I'd like it anyways.
    And there's good, intelligent people I personally know, that if I would ask them to come on here? They simply tell me there's too much cussing on here and disrespect, they don't want to be involved.

April 7, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Jeff Frank, I agree with you and @bobcat. I can't understand why CNN cant even assign us each a password and confirm by email with a return confirmation email from the potential blogger. It would certainly make the blogging experience much better. I have given up on having to go back and say Not Me when someone steals my name. CNN only does a good job when it comes down to being nit picky about certain words. Enough of my ranting.

April 7, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@jeff: i've done that a few times, not really because of trolls. sometimes there is just nothing i'm that interested in talking about..

as with anything i do on the computer, i'll get burned out from time to time. of course, this i do on my phone, but same dif..

vacations are good :)

April 7, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

We've all had a good thing going for a long time now. Overall, the people I have met here, seem like down to earth individuals. Hey, I know we all have our moments, but at least we don't get nasty. It's like I say, We agree to disagree. No bad blood. And as far as my jokes, what can I say, tha's just me. But they really do need to get a handle on this.

April 7, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Ty, ty, ty @ jeff, bobcat and dazzle! I havent posted since thurs but i see alot of YUK with my name attached! And yup im sick of it too!

April 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@chrissy
      Yeah, we really had some nasty mouthed buggers on here lately. Maybe come Monday these brats will be back in school.

April 7, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

And I'm not really sure that's our dazzle. Her postings usually show up in blue.

April 7, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nunof

Nunof y'all think its gonna make any difference, do you? I think CNN is diggin all of the bull that goes on here. Ima hating this place anymore.

NunOFF!!!!!!

April 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

It really is me @bobcat(iah). I am on my computer tonight so that's why I am not in blue. Thank you for being observant.

April 7, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@dazzle

Good to know it's really you. I normally see your posts in blue, indicating you're on your phone. You threw me a curve with your computer usage.

April 7, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

@ bobcat, dazzle just texted me and she is on here but i believe shes using her phone. Plus i dont think its kids trolling i think its a regular.

April 7, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

Thank you chrissy. She just explained she's on her computer tonite. These stupid trolls are driving me crazy. Hard to tell who's who. If we weren't used to each others style, it would be a real mess.

April 7, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

And @ nunya, passwords work on other sites and if it works on yahoo as archaic as they are it sure should work here! Lol!

April 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right vs. Wrong"

I know I had Nicole S. upset simply because I changed my screen name one day. But I make a lot of people upset, cause I'm of different stock.
    You know trolling itself can be detected. It's cute until they victimize the ones thier impostering.

April 7, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ Jeff Franks

I love it that we all have our seperate little quirks. It's called indvidualism. We is what we is.

April 7, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

In all honesty, I do not think that the powers that be particularly care about the individual poster.
      It has been brought up again and again, to no avail.
      I find it disconcerting that CNN would let people violate teir own written TOS again and again...I can only surmise that it suits them to let it continue.

April 7, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ banasy©
      I agree completely. They post their terms of service that you must agree to, and instead of penalizing the abusers, they go after people like us. Maybe, just maybe, if they start getting enough complaints, they'll choose to start enforcing those rules.

April 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |