April 7th, 2012

Pakistani official: More than 100 soldiers trapped in avalanche

More than 100 soldiers are trapped after an avalanche in the Siachen glacier, a Pakistani military official said Saturday.

Rescue operations are under way, and no deaths have been confirmed, said Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: India • Pakistan • World
  1. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right vs. Wrong"

@chrissy (real)
    I know those aren't your posts. Thing is, CNN does not let on any more than they absolutley have to. No matter if users provide a bonifide email address or screen name or not, CNN HAS the I.P. address.
    I probably can count on the government reading ALL of my email. I know they spy on me from a distance all the time. They know everything I stand for and what I don't stand for.
    They listen to my phone calls, read all my text messages. So. I might as well blog on CNN, and be public, cause I won't have any privacy anyways.

April 7, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Hi, Jeff.
      Of course, they have our IP addys.
      They also have the right to BAN those addys.
      They allow it to continue.
      The question is, why?

April 7, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. leeintulsa

cuz it would take effort and money.

i imagine they have a few guys that manage the whole website. and they are busy updating things all the time. they might have to hire a few people, people that do nothing but hunt for trolls. the journalists, like nicole, pop in from time to time simply because they have nothing better to do.

it seems some are moderated more closely, like the political ticker, or ... what's the one with farid zakaria? gps or something. their blogs, basicly, have one contributing author. maybe they can afford a moderator as well that way..

i wouldn't be surprised if pay for some, or even continued blog existence, revolve around how many comments get posted. getting rid of the trolls, aka half the comments, could cost them..

let's face it. if we all left, it might go unnoticed by anyone but us. that marion barry post had hundreds of people i've never seen before.

this is all speculation, but we are clearly talking to the wrong people about this..

April 7, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • leeintulsa

oh, and the irregulars complain about us chit chatting and such – i used to be one of them. and we're still here. we post alot of comments that wouldn't be here otherwise.. the more i think about it, the more i like it. number of comments translates into success.. somehow..

April 7, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I have no illusions that I would be missed if I were never to appear here again, Lee.
      I do, however, think that whoever is doing this on a regular basis does want the people who talk to each other here to stop it; and instead of just ignoring us, Tas we ignore many posts), they've decided on a different tactic.

April 7, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@leeintulsa:
      The irregulars...lol.
      I like that.
      What amuses me about *that* is that they were just as bad...if not worse...and then they're going to get self-righteous?
      Puhleeeeze.
      Spare me the hypocracy...

April 7, 2012 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@banasy: do you think it's cnn staff or just other bloggers that don't like us?

@chrissy: i've invited them a number of times, and i have been trolled, though not as disrespectfully as you ;)

April 7, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lmao ok you heard it here leeintulsa likes it so troll him for awhile cuz i dont.

April 7, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

Oh and at all of you, DRAK says hi and happy easter. He misses everyone, well almost everyone but we wont get into all that. Good night guys and happy easter from me too!

April 7, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

Good night chrissy, and happy easter to you as well.

April 7, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Shoot, I know if I were to quit posting on here, all you guys would miss me so bad, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
    How's that for being full of ones self ? LMAO

April 7, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Rawr, I would miss you, but I would still sleep...sorry.
      And I'd say you're full of something....lol...

April 7, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

@chrissy:
    Lol...I hear ya! Let leeintulsa wear 'em under his kilt.... :)

April 7, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. banasy©

Happy Easter, my twisted sista!

April 7, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. chrissy

lol @ bobcat, we WOULD miss you! Really and truly. Ok im outta here gotta get these kids in bed and SNL is on! Gn.

April 7, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. leeintulsa

i have seen many threads where if we didn't post, no one would..

maybe we should walk, perhaps never to return. when half their threads die on the vine, maybe they will come looking for us.. maybe.. are we all in contact outside of here?

good night chrissy, and happy easter

April 7, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Well all my friends, it's time to scratch my way home. I hope all of you have a great easter. Good nite.

April 7, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. banasy©

@leeintuls:
    The other bloggers that want us to shut up so, apparently, they have more room the post their own brand of crap.
    I don't think CNN cares, one way or another.

April 7, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • leeintulsa

so are we just venting here?

April 7, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@leeintulsa:
      Yes, that's exactly what we're doing....venting our spleens.... ;)

@Rawr:
      Happy Easter, my wayward duck.
      Okay, that made no sense, but what the hell.

April 8, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  12. leeintulsa

ok. night all. see ya next time :)

April 8, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. OOOOHHHH

Wheres mother mary come out to play mary come out to play

April 8, 2012 at 12:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right vs. Wrong"

@banasy
    Don't think for a minute we woudn't miss you, regardless if you have illusions or not about not being missed. There have been days you have spent your time with each one of us, brightening up our days.
    What seems really illusive to me is how sometimes these quark little stories come up with 2000 comments from almost 2000 different users I never seen before. Yes that's when we miss you banasy...in the oceans of crap.

April 8, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

@Jeff Frank:
      Why thank you!
      That's extremely nice of you to say.
      I would miss you too, and I would miss Lee Fong.
      So, don't go anywhere, okay? :)

Happy Easter, my friend.

April 8, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

I just dropped a double dose of dump in my Depends diaper.
    Happy Easter Everyone!