April 11th, 2012

Court disbands Egypt's constitutional group

Egypt's administrative court suspended the country's 100-member constitutional assembly on Tuesday delaying the drafting of the new constitution.

The move stalls Egypt's attempt to rebuild after the revolt that toppled longtime strongman Hosni Mubarak last year.

The court order stated that parliament must elect 100 "qualified" people from outside the parliament to write the constitution.

A newly created assembly must include members representative of Egypt's "political and social map" according to the court order.

FULL STORY

Filed under: World
  1. drap

100 Qualified people?..a bakers dozen would be a reach... .

April 11, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

I have some sad news for our little blogging community.

Our friend, leeintulsa, passed away tonight.
    He will be greatly missed.

He was only 44.

My deepest sympathy to his family, including his children, and his girlfriend Kelly.

I am so, so sorry.

April 11, 2012 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. drap

I always enjoyed leeintulsa's posts.."RIP"... .

April 11, 2012 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. usa as of today ©™™®

Sorry to see you go leeintulsa

April 11, 2012 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. raven

I'm just so saddened and stunned. If his gf and family/friends are reading this :He truly WILL be missed here. He was funny and kind.
    I liked him very much.
    He loved YOU, and made sure everyone knew it.

RIP, leeintulsa. Xoxo

April 11, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. Superman

@@@leeintulsa and all others,,,,,,,what a great loss he will be missed and to his family he was the greatest his girlfriend awesome to we will miss you very very much, didnt know him long but long enough to know that he and all others in his life are the greatest my heart goes out to everyone,,, we love you all

April 11, 2012 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

So sorry to hear about leeintulsa. I didn't get to know him all that well, but he seemed to be a very decent man. I will miss him.Thank you for posting this, banasy. :
    Rest in peace, leeintulsa. Sorry for making fun of Oklahoma where trees are made o' wood. Put in a good word for us when you meet your maker. ty

April 11, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

I wish leeintulsa could have lived long enough to finally see those tunnels running from Israel into Egypt destroyed once and for all time. (Even though doing so would severely limit our access to black market diamonds and Israeli made Uzzi machine guns so popular among our street gang sector)

April 11, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

I wish leeintulsa lived long enough to see his 9 year old grow up and his daughter graduate high school.

April 11, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

And long enough to grow very old and enjoy those rocking chairs on his front porch, watching his grandchildren play! I especially feel sorry for kelly and his son. He was their rock!

April 11, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

I am so very sad to hear the news of Lee's passing. He was kind and never rose to the bait of trolls. Lee was particularly kind to my daughter off the blogs in email communication. I know her heart will be broken when she hears the news.

April 11, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Anwar Sadat

I'm rolling in my grave here.

April 11, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Menachem Baygun

Shut up Anwar. You got your cut the same as Mubarek and The Temple. Same as always.

April 11, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

Lee and I had an ongoing dialogue concerning those tunnels, among other things. I meant no disrespect. Next time I'll word it so none can be read into it.

April 11, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

...plus Lee could still see his family again right here on earth. Not all believers buy-into the wolf god's burning hell and 6 day creation b/s. Some of us believe that when you die, you are dead...that you paid for your sins with your own life rather than having them forgiven, and that you are but a memory even in God's mind. I even hope to see Lee someday, and right here on earth. He'll remember me. I'll even take him to Israel and show him where those tunnels used to be. Compare that with your half-empty glass.

April 11, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |