April 11th, 2012

Parole denied for Manson

A California panel denied parole for Charles Manson and scheduled his next parole hearing 15 years from now, setting up the possibility that he could die in prison.

Manson, 77, initially was sentenced to death for the 1969 slayings of actress Sharon Tate and six others by a group of his followers as part of what prosecutors said was an attempt to incite a race war. His death sentence was changed to life in prison after California's death penalty was overturned for a period during the 1970s.

Post by:
Filed under: California • Crime • Justice • Prisons
  1. portland tony

Charles Manson was everybody's worst nightmare. Now he's his own.

April 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. oldiesdude

Use a bullet. Only costs $2.50.

April 11, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. God

Sorry, I meant, " I doubt anyone can deny that after 20 years you are NOT the same person whether free or in prison."

April 11, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Sheila

Manson still continuws to be menacing. I wish he had died in prison already.

April 11, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Deeznutz

Uncle Charlie denied again.....

April 11, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Hurley

This guy doesn't kill anyone and he rots in jail forever. However some kids in Colorado listen to MARILYN Manson and kill a BUNCH of people and the band's still out there kick'n ass. Oh how I love this country. i love bacon too.:-P

April 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Patti

Manson pursuaded, instructed or otherwise caused others to kill 6 people. On what legal theory do you think he is not guilty of murder? By your logic, one could hire a contract killer to kill someone and not be found guilty of murder. Ridiculous! Glad you were not on the jury.

April 11, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. williamm

ARREST HIM NOW HE RUNNING TO MEXICO

April 11, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. social network

Shocker?

April 11, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Helter-skelter

I was framed!! I didnt kill anybody. All I wanted was young teenagers and to start a religion. You people are the real people in prison with no minds. You are the buffoon robots who have sold your soul to the Oil God.

April 11, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • 46323

Time to take your meds, sweetie. Come along, or I'll call the guards, and you don't want them to get angry....

April 11, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jeff

charlie is a sick dude and yes one way or another he will die in prison

April 11, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. cashual

God bless the good, bad, beautiful, and the ugly. May He have mercy on all...everyone's soul.....AMEN

April 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. psychowatcher

Reblogged this on Real Life Monsters and commented:
    Not really a surprise.

April 11, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. D

77 years old now? (I'm feeling ancient...) Yep, another fifteen for the next check, about right. There's no way I'd ever expect him to get parole. At least he's not, as far as I know, faking remorse ("hey, I'm sorry... that I got caught.").

April 11, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Samari

@@@@@@@@@@@@ MITCH,,,where are you , you losser ,,,,,lets get back to bussiness !!!!!

April 12, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. itsmesagar.blog

Hi, i believe that i noticed you visited my site so i came to go back the choose?.I'm trying to in finding issues to improve my website!I guess its adequate to use a few of your ideas!!

April 12, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse | Reply