April 11th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The race for the presidency can change at the drop of the hat, and CNN.com Live will be there for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

Continuing coverage - Indonesia earthquake and aftermath

10:00 am ET - Gingrich talks to seniors - Rick Santorum may be out of the GOP presidential race, but Newt Gingrich remains a candidate.  He'll speak at a senior center in Newark, Delaware.

10:15 am ET - Obama talks 'Buffett Rule' - President Obama will deliver a statement on the "Buffett Rule" in Washington.

12:00 pm ET - John King live chat - CNN's John King returns to CNN.com Live to talk politics!  Join the conversation by asking John a question via Twitter @JohnKingCNN

12:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The Indonesia earthquake, North Korea and spending will likely top Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

1:00 pm ET - Trayvon Martin's parents speak out - The parents of Trayvon Martin will speak with reporters at the National Action Network's national convention in Washington.

6:25 pm ET - Romney town hall - GOP frontrunner Mitt Romney holds a small business town hall-style meeting in Warwick, Rhode Island.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Indonesia • On CNN.com today • Politics • Republican Party • World
  1. Mitch

Where is dazzle or dana? Is that her kid?

April 11, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle©

se perdre mitch

April 12, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. hamsta

who are you Mitch, another gay boy like bobcat and superman

April 11, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

hamstatroll, You really need to get some new material. That stuff has been way overused.

April 11, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I guess it *would* be too much to expect a sense of decency from a person who does not possess any.
      I wish I were shocked, but how can one be shocked at such dependable hate?

April 11, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. hamsta

truth hurts and speaking of trolls

April 11, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Yeah< I guess it does have to hurt to be a stupid troll like yourself.

April 11, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. banasy©

My heart is very saddened today.
    Lee, as many of you know, was my Monty Python buddy.
    He was a single father who only had his childre's best interests at heart.
    He was a wonderful partner to the lovely Kelly, who is absolutely devestated.
    His sense of humor knew no bounds...and he was a truly nice, decent man, trying to make his way in a world that threw him a few curveballs along the way...
    He made me laugh a lot, when there are so many hateful, negative people here...they could take a page out of his book, for he had loads of heart.

He used to call me b.
    As in, "hey, b".
    His passing has affected me profoundly.
    I cannot believe I will never see a post by 'leeintulsa' again.

My heart is absolutely weeping for Kelly and his children, but please know that I will be there to send love and support, in any manner I am able to.

He was my buddy.
    I shall miss him so....

April 11, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ banasy©
    I am so sorry. I know you have to be feeling a terrible loss. I wish there was someting I could do for you to make it better. I'd give you one of my jokes, but that would be inappropriate. I feel for you.

April 11, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Rawr:
      Thank you for your kind words.
      My loss isn't as great as Kelly's and his kids, but I appreciate them all the same.

It doesn't help that it's April, and April is a heartbreaking month for me...

Tell me a joke tomorrow...or the day after.
      You are dear to me, also.
      Never forget that.

April 11, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ banasy©
      I will definitely give it a couple days. When I see you are handling it well, then I will cut loose.

And Kelly, I know you don't know me, but I wish to convey my deepest sympathys to you and the children. Always keep in mind how wonderful a person lee was. That should keep you smiling for the rest of your life.

April 11, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Superman

@@@bobcat(in a hat) superman here thank you so much for asking,,,,,, its still not set in for me im not sure really,,,,its been a bad day since receiving this news,,,, just last week me and lee were talking about some really funny stuff,,, ask chrissy about it she could tell you or i can later but nows not the time, im alright though , kelly must be a very special person , because lee was and always will be a special person , even though he has left us hes still very much alive in all of us,,,,i said earlier that i didnt know him for long but long enough to know that he was a very good human being/ one of the good ones! Im at a loss of words again , choked up a little,,,, get back to me bobcat,,,,,

April 11, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@Superman

I didn't really know lee either. We at time had some spirited conversations, and I reall enjoyed that. It really hard to accept that we won't see his name here any longer.

April 11, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. SAMARI

Knock it off mitch

April 12, 2012 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Superman

Its great that so many people have stepped up and shown there appreciation for lee and are giving kelly and the children support,,,, ireally regret not finding the cnn blogs sooner,,,,,,but im here now,,,,,and got some of lee on here and it was great,,,,, as many people that are going to tulsa goes to show that there is still a lot of love in this world for others in makes me feel good that theres so many good people here and ive met some of the finest right here,,,,

April 12, 2012 at 12:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

I know what you mean. These seem like some of the best people here. Of course we have our occasionals, but I guess that's just part of it. It was a little slow going at first, but once they accepted me and my strange sense of humor, it was family from there on out. I owe a big thanks to banasy and chrissy for opening the door to me.

April 12, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. Samari

@@@dazzle c whhaat?real superman here , im just trying to cheer up here thats all nice to see tori back again, how are you holding up ?

April 12, 2012 at 12:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle©

@Samari, shocked and sad like all of us our. I am going to be in San Antonio and will try to fly into Tulsa on Friday for the service. Tori is still in France but I called her today and told her the news. Are you okay.?

April 12, 2012 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. Superman

Thats really me dont worry no troll

April 12, 2012 at 12:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chrissy

Hi tori, so glad to hear from you. And to everyone else the last update on lees service is friday @ 2pm at Moore Funeral Home, l403 South Peoria in Tulsa. And from Kelly, Mathew and Cindy, lees girlfriend and 2 children you are all welcome to attend, & TY

April 12, 2012 at 1:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Superman

Yes im doin,,, its almost a dream really im choked up some i guess it wont hit until friday,, i lost my father 9 yrs ago, a feel so much for kelly and those children,,ah, um well you know i guess, look can i be straight up with you? This flippen sucks, my dads birth day is today to its difficult not as bad as others but worse then some you know what i mean

April 12, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Superman

@@@dazzle,,,@@@chrissy could one or the both of you please give kelly and those children a kiss and a hug from kenney/ superman for me id really appreciate it very much thank you and wheres everybody going to be on here tommorrow?

April 12, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse | Reply