April 12th, 2012

Thursday's live events

CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news on the Trayvon Martin shooting and aftermath.

Today's programming highlights...

11:00 am ET - Indiana State Fair stage collapse briefing - Two independent groups will release their findings into last year's fatal stage collapse before a Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fair.  At 3:00 pm ET, the members of Sugarland will answer lawyers' questions at a deposition regarding the collapse.

12:00 pm ET - Biden promotes 'Buffett Rule' - Vice President Biden is on the road today, as he'll tout the importance of the "Buffett Rule" during a town hall-style meeting in Exeter, New Hampshire.

12:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The "Buffett Rule" and North Korea's latest antics will likely top Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

2:30 pm ET - Clinton addresses business summit - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will deliver the closing remarks at the White House Conference on Connecting the Americas in Washington.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Indiana • Justice • On CNN.com today • Trayvon Martin • U.S.
  1. BOMBO ©

Maitre d': Good evening sir and how are we today?
    Mr. Creosote: Better.
    Maitre d': Better?
    Mr. Creosote: Better get a bucket. I'm gonna throw up.

April 12, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Thank you for that Python moment.

I miss Lee terribly.

April 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mitch

Go away superman meat smokers dont belong here

April 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superman

@@@Mitch take your negative self out

April 12, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Superman

@@@christine,,,,your joining some really good people here, although be cautious,,, CHRISSY,, is good people as well as the rest of the few that stick together on here they are considered the good ones chrissy is a major support here for a lot of people as well as a few others but welcome!!

April 12, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BOMBO ©

I think I found the service info online. Was Lee an electrician? I never knew.

April 12, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superman

He was BOMBO. Can you post the link on here some of might attend

April 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

Superman, et al, here's the link to what I found. If it is the wrong one, I hope someone corrects me.

I was planning to send a note to the family, but I'll post something here if I can't find somewhere more appropriate. The Moore's site doesn't have a link up for an online tribute yet under his name.

April 12, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

That's the right one.

Patten, Charles Lee II, 44, electrician, died Tuesday. Memorial service 2 p.m. Friday, Moore's Memory Funeral Home Chapel.

April 12, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Superman

Im being trolled @ 2:12 and 2:13 that was not superman gaysuperman

April 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Hey superman, and the answer is...drum roll please....Rainier! And mitch, play nice or go home! And banasy i totally understand and i feel your pain. Kelly just texted that she posted a thank you somewhere here under lees U/N.

April 12, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

It's on the facebook-Instagram thread.

April 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Superman

@@@banasy,,,,, things will get easier for all in time its a huge loss to the family here on CNN,,, i was shocked! He came on to talk a little bit and leeintulsa said he'll be off and on so that had me a little worried,,,, now i know why. The night before was a little strange and had me worried . We all must remember that "if" he was un comfortable then he now has his wingsamd is set free i see my father all the time when i go climbing as an eagle watching over me and clients,, lee will always be with us in many ways,,, but its still hard to come to grips with,,,,,,,,,the next time i go climbing i wish i had a photo of him and i would place it somewhere safe up high to watch over us so to say,,,

April 12, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

Thank you for your kind words...so many people lack compassion...he GOT my sense of humor, ya'know?

I've got a pic of him and Kelly at a ren faire...they made a striking couple...

April 12, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Also i posted this last night but here it is again the service is friday at 2pm at Moore Funeral Home at l403 South Peoria, Tulsa. And kelly, mathew, and cindy welcome everyone who wishes to attend, to do so.

April 12, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Superman

@@@chrissy,,,,,,,,aaahhh its CHRISSY,,,,, hey young lady how are you? Are hanging in there? You are a major catalyst amongst a lot of people i feel, did you read my last entry? It would be an honor to follow thru with a photo placed high somewhere the whole country would be a better place if every mountain had the presence of LEE,,,,

April 12, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Superman

@@@bombo c,,,,,that is his photo that you are refering to correct ?

April 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

I don't know about a photo. The link just has the date, time and address.

April 12, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

well superman, im trying like hell to make arangements to be at the funeral but its not looking good. However later i will ask kelly for a pic for you. Ill email it to you ok?

April 12, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Superman

@@@mary,,, hear me out here with a little understanding,,,please, this is a tough time for a lot of us what we dont need is people doing this right now,,,, it is a time to mourn the loss of another human being,,, so now we must learn to be kind to each other,,,, so please refrain from this right now at least a couple days,,,,,,,,, thank you so much KENNEY J/ superman

April 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Superman

@@@chrissy that would be perfect,,,and in return she and all of us will get a photo of it getting placed somewhere special that will be seen from many miles around and remembered by all,,,, i wish i could be there im so bussy right now with my babies( daughters)and planning for other things,,,, if it were not for my schedule right now i would of driven to tulsa and almost been there by now,,,,,,thank you so much for this and your friendship,,,,,real people is all it takes

April 12, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

@ mary, are YOU jealous? Perhaps if you were nicer to people and stop saying evil things all the time we might focus on you! Speaking only for myself, i have a natural affinity to mean people! I also am not fond of ppl that steal names and post garbage!

April 12, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. 46323

Why don't you go FY, ass face!

April 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |