April 12th, 2012

Thursday's live events

CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news on the Trayvon Martin shooting and aftermath.

Today's programming highlights...

11:00 am ET - Indiana State Fair stage collapse briefing - Two independent groups will release their findings into last year's fatal stage collapse before a Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fair.  At 3:00 pm ET, the members of Sugarland will answer lawyers' questions at a deposition regarding the collapse.

12:00 pm ET - Biden promotes 'Buffett Rule' - Vice President Biden is on the road today, as he'll tout the importance of the "Buffett Rule" during a town hall-style meeting in Exeter, New Hampshire.

12:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The "Buffett Rule" and North Korea's latest antics will likely top Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

2:30 pm ET - Clinton addresses business summit - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will deliver the closing remarks at the White House Conference on Connecting the Americas in Washington.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Indiana • Justice • On CNN.com today • Trayvon Martin • U.S.
  1. Superman

@@@ all trolls you can kiss my -!!!!!!

April 12, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Superman

@@@chrissy you get em whop em good girl!

April 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

I want to wish my very dear friend raven a Happy Birthday.
    Love you lots, m.s.
    XOXOXOXO

April 12, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

@ banasy, how is our funny girl raven? I never hear from her anymore so i figure she must be busy. And dazzle yes i do, cuz at l time b4 she became a goddie, she was acting like a guttersnipe & she was called a pole smoker by yours truly! Ie: meat smoker?

April 12, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. raven

Thank you, m.s. And hey chrissy!!! I haven't been in touch cuz I lost my contact list if you text me I will have your number again...I've missed you. How you been? And pimp dummy? That ole couch tater still around??

April 12, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Lmao @ raven, round like a huge ass donut. And sending you a text in a cpl mins. So the big 25 today huh? Lmao k brb

April 12, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BOMBO ©

Hey, Happy Birthday raven! Here, let me cram this present into the USB port and see if it posts –

April 13, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  8. BOMBO ©

No. Well, I guess the internet doesn't work that way.

April 13, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. raven

K thanks chrissy, I'll add you.again....smart phone indeed, damn things smartern ME! And superman?? You do international expeditions? I lost a dear friend on Makalu about eight years ago. He was an excellent mountaineer.A tough body with a gentle soul. He was very well known in that circle and I thought maybe your paths had crossed. In fact they still could if you ever climb there as he is still up there somewhere.

April 13, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. president of the Mary fan club

Gee, I hope Mary comes back tomorrow.

April 13, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

No thanks we don't need her or her other name @Mitch.

April 13, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. raven

Thanks BOMBO!! (I'm shaking it to see if I can guess what it is) .is it a.puppy???

April 13, 2012 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  12. BOMBO ©

No. A puppy would never fit in a USB port. It was a small oragami boulder.

April 13, 2012 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  13. raven

Awww, you SHOULDN'T have!!no ones EVER given me a wad of paper...thanks! I will cherish the thought anyway.

April 13, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. Superman

@@@raven,,,,,,superman here,,,,sorry it took so long to get back to you and the others,,,,,,im pretty much just starting out as a guide ive been on aconcagua three times already , i lived in south america for three years , with my aunt and uncle he was an ocean biologist and taught at the university in santiago chile and went down for a new perspective and clear some things up as well and climbed a heck of a lot so im almost going home,,,,i just need to stay cool . As far as makalu , i dont know quit yet, its only a dream right now, i still have to knock off mckinley as a pre-requisite for for those mountains,ive got several notable winter solos under my belt so we'll see waht happens,,,,but as far as makalu if i ever do make it over there ill place a photo for your friend and the family,,,,raven thank you so much for asking and showing interest! Now its your turn!!!!everyone the good ones need to drop into fridays live events tommorrow but well talk tonight ?

April 13, 2012 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  15. Superman

@@@dazzle,,,,,,,,,,,thank you so much for your email you folks back are the best and I MEAN IT! Ive lived in many places and dislike california the most why? Because it lacks people like you all, and thats a fact out here no one has the time to treat anybody right,,,im sick of it so the next best thing to do is reach out to some real people and i found it i hope to god that none of you good ones stay around a while . You and tori deserve the best that life has to offer, because of who you are! I hope tori is enjoying herself over there and she soaks it up,,,,so everyone needs to drop into fridays live events tommorrow or as a matter of fact ill start it off tonight/30 minutes . Everybody needs to syick together for lee for the future, he has taught so many so much its our job now to carry on what he has given us its important to kelly his girlfriend and his kids its the least we can do id love to see a tribute to lee tommorrow or saturday it would be sweet for his family and extended family it could be a way to say thank you LEEINTULSA

April 13, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |