April 13th, 2012

Next big question in the Trayvon Martin case: What now?

With the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer jailed on a charge of second-degree murder in the shooting death of an unarmed black teen, the next big question: What now?

Thousands of protesters poured into the suburban Orlando community of Sanford to call for the arrest of George Zimmerman in the weeks following the February 26 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Their calls for "Justice for Trayvon" grew more forceful with each day, with Martin's supporters taking to the Internet and to streets in cities across the nation.

Forty-six days after the shooting, 28-year-old Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder. A Seminole County judge on Thursday found there was sufficient probable cause to move forward with the case and set a May 29 arraignment for Zimmerman.

The next legal step, say Zimmerman's attorney and the special prosecutor, is to allow the case to work its way through Florida's judicial system.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Justice • U.S.
  1. konaboy

One only needs to look at this map of the neighborhood, and listen to Zimmerman's 911 call, to realize that Martin could have gotten home before Zimmerman's 4 minute 12 second 911 call was finished.
    See this page: http://wisefb.com/martin/doubledback.php
    None of the Zimmerman lynch mob has been able to give an explanation concurrent with the evidence, as to why Martin's body was found by police where it was. It doesn't get any simpler than that! Martin must have chosen to confront Zimmerman.

April 13, 2012 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Jungle Mentality

You might double back and go after him too if you had an unknown Mexican following you for no reason.

April 13, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. AMERICA 1st

The boy is dead, the man got arrested, lets go on to more current and relevant issues. This soap opera has gone on long enough!

April 13, 2012 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. SAVIOR at WGFN (who gives a fork news)

My question is ..
    Was Zimmerman charged because it was an illegal shooting or was he charged because the authorities are worried This could turn into another Rodney king case?
    My hope is it was because it was an illegal shooting and they have hard evidence to back it up. Cause if he is tried an not convicted this will turn into a Rodney king style riot fast..

April 13, 2012 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • SAVIOR at WGFN (who gives a fork news)

Note: not that I'm worried about a riot. I wasnt worried 20 years ago ..wow seemed like yesterday ..
      And I'm certainly not worried now. I just hope that no matter what the out come the people in Fla has better judgment them those in Cali did..and it don't turn into a reason to grab that big screen TV you always wanted.

April 13, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gunny

Please tell me why this is all going on?? If Zimmerman had listen to police and just went to his car and wait for them, we would have nothing to speak of right now. Fact is he choose to follow Maritn anyways and from the" Stand your ground" Martin had the right to stand his ground; he was not following Zimmerman. There it is all in a nutshell, period. Fact is he didnt go back to his car and wait for police

April 13, 2012 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. ronvan

GUNNY: Nail on the head! Zimmerman is totally responsible for this crime. Even if Martin confronted him, I doubt it, nothing would have happened if Zimmerman had followed the "lawful orders" given by 911. And lets not forget that while we make our comments/judgements, me included, that WE do not have all the facts! I have heard, from different sources, that this special prosecutor would not have gone for 2nd degree murder if she did not have information that we have not heard yet.

April 13, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. Nate2

Lots and lots of neeeeeked ladies.

April 13, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Me so oooorny G I. Sooooo ooooooorny. Twenty dollah?

April 13, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. thelma artis

Jesus, Your word declares the angels intervene in the lives of human beings, Travon was a sacrificial lamb in order to call attention to the injustices going on in Florida, now Lord, we need territorial angels, warrior angels, ministering angles, and a host of helping angels, I loose them right now over all the news channels, over cities and states , Your Word says whatever we lose on earth is already loosed in Heaven, I thank You Lord.for answering my plea, in the Name of Jesus it is so....

April 13, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right wing Insanity"

My body odor is rancid and musty.

April 13, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. Fat Racist ( R- Ohio ) "Right Wing Insanity AND Troll BEATER"

I'm about to make life very uneasy for some of "you people"...

April 13, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ozzie Guillen

@fat racist
    So what are you going to do me ? Ewww I got spray paint running out of my nose, and poop is running out my Depends.

April 13, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. fu

We are so worried about stuff that doesn't really matter people get killed all the time so why isn't everyone doing anything about everyone else. Worry about our financial issues and stop wasting time worrying about small things

April 13, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MP4/3GP ADULT VIDEOS FOR MATURED VIEWING

the next big question:
    What now?
    Thousands

April 13, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. thelma artis

Only God knows the answer to every question u have, but, u have to b in a position to hear Him, He's a gentleman, He doesn't shout, and He allows us to make our own decisions, right or wrong, trust, whatever ur decision is , u will reap the rewards, good or bad....

April 13, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. RUFFNUTT (( dank smoking , beer drinking trailer trash from belton missouri ))

what ever happen to the skittles?

April 13, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |