April 15th, 2012

Boston Marathon officials issue heat warning

Monday's Boston Marathon may not be as crowded as some had anticipated with temperatures expected to approach 90 degrees.

The Boston Athletic Association is allowing runners to defer their entry into the race until the 2013 marathon as a way of discouraging some from taking on what could be dangerously hot weather.

Watch the video to see who race officials are doing to prepare for the heat and what advice they're giving to even the most seasoned marathoner who decides not to take the day off.

Post by:
Filed under: Boston • Massachusetts • Running • Sports
  1. chris

before the global warming religious zealots get carried away. in 1909 the boston marathon was ran in 97 degree heat.

April 15, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Romans

That you would take the word of our LORD and use it to cloak
    your HATE is not an act of a Godly Man. Repent and walk with JESUS, for our time is nearly done.

April 16, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Mary

This is only my second post, all others are "made in China" ;) by my highjacker! Hmmm guess who.
    I am smart because I am choosing to pursue God.

April 16, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Katy

@ zee, its enough to turn you into an athiest isnt it? You dont read all this junk on other blogsites. Guess not many grownups come to this one.

April 16, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Mary

Btw, C/P seems to be your friend from the Kirt Cameron blog... Citing scripture now are we?

April 16, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. dazzle ©

Surely not me you wannabe.

April 16, 2012 at 12:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Mary

Obviously not many when your ashamed to quote scripture under your usual S/N
    Would that be the sign of a SMART person?
    Guess it depends on what is valued by humans.

April 16, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Mary

1 Samuel 16:7 "... Because mere man sees what appears to the eyes, but as for Jehovah, he sees what the HEART is."
    My point with this scripture is
    Who would be MORE valuable to God? A "smart person" or one who "exercises Faith"

April 16, 2012 at 1:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

Mary, I've been told you are trolling everyone. Say it isn't so.

April 16, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

I am smart ONLY because I keep pursuing God, even when I fail.
    I am smart ONLY because I keep pursuing God, rather than man
    I am smart ONLY because I keep pursuing God, even when I get in the way of that pursuit.

April 16, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Mary

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD
    Purty soon the media will be forbidden from having the word God written in any of their text.
    Thank you so very much! another all niter !!!!!

April 16, 2012 at 1:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Mary

well read?

YES I HAVE BEEN PUSHED OVER THE EDGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 16, 2012 at 1:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Mary

Have fun with alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll your bickering back and forth SMARTIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT EACHO THER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM OVER THE EDGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES

April 16, 2012 at 1:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Mary

COME ON AT LEAST I AM BRAVE ENOUGH TO DO THIS UNDER MY OWN NAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I DONT *HIDE* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMART PEOPLE HIDE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 16, 2012 at 1:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

Guess what, this is not Mary either.

April 16, 2012 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

COME SEE MARY AFTER SHE HAS BEEN PUSHED OVER THE EDGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUSH HER UNTIL SHE DROPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DONT CARE AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CARE MORE ABOUT GOD THAN THESE SMART PEOPLE ON THESE BLOGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE