April 16th, 2012

Monday's live events

The 2012 presidential election can sometimes change at the drop of the hat.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

12:00 pm ET - Brady Campaign gun law reform briefing - On the anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings, the Brady Campaign will call on Congress to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people at a briefing in Washington.

1:30 pm ET - GSA spending controversy hearing - Questionable spending by the General Services Administration is at the forefront of a House Government Reform Committee hearing on Capitol Hill.

3:00 pm ET - SpaceX launch preview - NASA will preview the planned April 30 launch of the SpaceX demonstration mission to the international space station.

7:30 pm ET - Romney in Pennsylvania - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney addresses the Tri-State Tea Party Caucus in Philadelphia.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. mittens ; job destroyer

Many people say I am a liar. Gosh, just because i change my positions based on weekly polls or the group I am pandering to.
    Golly, no one would expect me to talk about gas prices if they are going down. I can get my wall street speculator buddies to drive the price back up as the election nears.
    And I'm sure not gonna talk about how much the economy has improved since the last Republican president directed a financial crisis because my ilk got a little to greedy.
    Golly folks, I'm just trying to tilt the playing field more in favor of the wealthy so we can get you more of those low wage jobs.
    I really am an honest man.
    I really, really am.
    I really, really, really am.

April 16, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. LDS II

You have my vote my Mormon brother. I'm hoping to get at least 2 more wives once you are elected. With that many, I can put them to work in factories and I can stay home and watch tv. It will rule ! I'll be wearing my magic underwear till election time.

April 16, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. LDS II

Feel free to contact me anytime via our magic talking hats.

April 16, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. mittens ; job destroyer

They will only be allowed to work for low wages if they are pregnant at all times. I can make TV adds that prove it.

April 16, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. mittens ; job destroyer

Shhh,don't tell about the magic talking hats. The more people find out the more people will engage in magical thinking.
    You know just yesterday Sheila Bair in a Washington Post opinion piece points out that for only 1200 trillion every citizen of the US could receive a 10 million dollar loan at the current 0% fed rate. We all invest in treasury bonds and earn $200,000 annually.
    The real genius of this plan is that citizens would only have to pay income tax at the 12 to 14 % rate just like me. And no one has to contribute to social security or Medicaid on this investment income.
    Golly brother, don't you think we should keep the magic underwear in the closet.

April 16, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

the anti semitism is really rediculous on here. I believe in a guy that died and came back to life. You gonna start knockin all Christians around next. Don't leave out the Jews and their funny hats. Don't leave out the Indians with the funny dot on there heads. At least we believe in something u godless turds.

April 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

The Brady Campaign will call on Congress to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people?
    I agree that the dangerous members of our society should not have guns.
    We should deny these citizens guns when they apply for their permits.
    How does the Brady Campaign propose to entice street thugs to apply for gun permits?

April 16, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Philip

April 16, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. mittens ; job destroyer

No worries Joey. As your president I will give the head of the NRA a cabinet post.

April 16, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. bobcat (in a hat) ©

A termite walks into a bar and says, Is the bartender here ?

April 16, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. bobcat (in a hat) ©

A sandwich walks into a bar. The bartender says, Sorry, we don't serve food here.

April 16, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Point To Ponder

Chicken is the only animal we eat before it is born and after it's dead.

April 16, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Scottish Mama

@Joey- I agree. Reform means or code word for more money for owning a legal gun by legal gun owners.
    Hi Philip. smiley face here.

April 16, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chrissy

Lmao @ bobcat, you are on a roll today arent you?

April 16, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. saywhat

All luck to Brady Campaign. Though I can already see the smirk on the faces of those of the NRA.

@ bobcat
    good of you to keep us worriers breathing easy. Thanks.

April 16, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. BOMBO ©

In a former career as a circus geek, I tried eating a live chicken. It did not go well.

April 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply