April 19th, 2012

Thursday's live events

The 2012 presidential election can sometimes change at the drop of a hat.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:54 am ET - Oklahoma City bombing anniversary ceremony - A ceremony marking the 17th anniversary of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City takes place.

10:00 am ET - Syria crisis hearing - Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey testifies before a House committee on the situation in Syria.

11:00 am ET - Discovery arrives at Smithsonian - The Smithsonian Institution formally welcomes space shuttle Discovery to the museum complex.  The shuttle will be placed on permanent display there.

11:00 am ET - Florida 'Stand Your Ground' announcement - In the wake of the Trayvon Martin shooting, Florida Gov. Rick Scott will announce the creation of a task force to look at Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law.

1:15 pm ET - Romney in Ohio - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney speaks to supporters in Lorain, Ohio.

2:20 pm ET - Obama honors the Crimson Tide - President Obama welcomes the 2011-12 BCS National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide to the White House.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Politics
  1. dazzle ©

I just knew it, @bobcat(iah), umbrage be damned, you cracked me up yet again, at the end of the work day. Now into the pool for me, this heat sux!!

April 19, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • TORI ©

@dazzle, Mom you know that your picture is in the dictionary next to the word umbrage.Just kidding! I love you so much and I've missed the sound of your laugh. No maman, I haven't reactivated Twitter or Facebook. Neither has Dad after the horrid debacle of last year:-). I never want to hear the directive, "I'm officially not speaking to you or your father." LOL, with the ability of hindsight.

April 20, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Roflmmfao! Thank you bobcat! Its been a perfectly crappy day! Til now! Thank you lol

April 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ dazzle & chrissy

If I was able to bring some sunshine into your lives today, then I succeeded in my endeavor. Rest assured, there is more to come.

April 19, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • TORI ©

@bobcat, a big giant hug to you across the miles. I have missed you too. I read all of your jokes and you have me laughing away at a very sedate cafe in the 8th arrondisment. I have to get under control before I head down into the Metro. I am very happy that Mom met up with you here. Now she knows I have good judgement in people.

April 20, 2012 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Umbrage©

I give you bobcat (in a hat) ©.

April 19, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@TORI, I got your text and replied but haven't heard back. Lol, really on the social networking war. Honey, call the landline if there are any change of plans on your departure from CDG. I will be tracking your flight and will be at the airport at 2am. I can't wait to give my baby a gigantic bear hug when I see you. I know how flying with your father is, he will be out of it before the flight leaves the tarmac and then will be wide awake and carrying on. Use your Bose head phones and snuggle up in your blanket and pillow. I love you too sweetie and your cats and mail are here at the house with me. Have a fabulous Last Tango In Paris Evening..

April 20, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Sorry, Rawr.
    I couldn't resist.
    You made my evening; thank you!

April 19, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • TORI ©

Mom, I didn't get your text but glad you posted on Thursday Events per my text. Look at you learning the minefields of this blogging world. We had a great last evening in Paris and I have lots of pictures for you. Dad being Dad is trying to get a different flight plan but I have every intention of keeping mine. I can do without his snoring on the plane. Now I understand why he was relegated to the couch so often. I promise to call if there is any change and email your work address if there is any change.There is a slIght possibility that I can fly into TUC which would keep you from that laTe night 4 hour drive. I hope you are sound asleep with only the sweetest of dreams.You have lots of surprises coming to you. I LOVE YOU...

April 21, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Hello my sistas! And yea bobcat plzzzzz keep em commin!

April 19, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Hey, ChrisMiss.

April 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat) ©

I guess I should make some comments, but it's the same old rehashed stories and I'd just be saying what I've already said a hundred times before. I feel like I'm on a recording loop or something. The lack of any new mind stimuli is impeding my creative nature. So, until they can find something interesting for me to comment on, I will arm myself with humor. Hey, it beats the alternative,

April 19, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

@ bobcat, LAUGHTER is the very best medicine dear man! So i say........Keep on keepin on! And i have greatly missed laughing with my friends. 🙂

April 19, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Well, it looks like my fan base has has spoken. So, let me do my research and prepare for the morrow.
    Man, I am so full of it.
    You sweet ladies have a genuinely great night, and I will talk with you tomorrow. Peace, out.

April 19, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. superman

im heading out of town before the stuff hits the fan i cannoy be this weekend i leave here in the morning heading to santa barbera beach time

April 19, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Cow Tail
    A foursome was on the last hole and when the last golfer drove off the tee he hooked into a cow pasture. He advised his friends to play through and he would meet them at the clubhouse. They followed the plan and waited for their friend.

After a considerable time he appeared disheveled, bloody, and badly beaten up. They all wanted to know what happened.

He explained that he went over to the cow pasture but could not find his ball. He noticed a cow wringing her tail in obvious pain. He went over and lifted her tail and saw a golf ball solidly embedded. It was a yellow ball so he knew it was not his.

A woman comes out of the bushes apparently searching for her lost golf ball. The helpful male golfer lifted the cow's tail and asked, "Does this look like yours?"

That was the last thing he could remember.

I had to leave you one more before I sign off. Good night everybody.

April 19, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Roflmmfao! That was awesome bobcat, thank you!

April 20, 2012 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  14. TORI ©

All of my favorite people were here,God I've missed you. It is very early in the morning in the City of Light and I wanted to see if anyone was still on.

April 20, 2012 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. kellyintulsa

I haven't made many posts here but I have been watching and reading almost everything. I now understand why Lee loved blogging here so much. He found people who embraced him for who he was and who would listen to what he had to say about things. I can also say that because of all of you we had many great conversations and you all made him smile and laugh daily. You were the others who listened to him besides me and that means the world to me and the kids. We are taking it day by day and struggling to get past the hurt. I can't say I'm good with Monty Python quotes like he was but I but I do know that I will try blogging and I plan on keeping all of his friends close to me !! @Bobcat keep the jokes coming and I promise I will keep laughing !!

April 20, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |