April 23rd, 2012

Monday's live events

The 2012 presidential election can sometimes change at the drop of a hat.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

8:55 am ET - Romney in Pennsylvania - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney is spending his day in Pennsylvania, starting with a campaign event in South Park Township.  He then joins Sen. Marco Rubio for a town hall-style meeting in Aston at 12:55 pm ET.

7:00 pm ET - Ann Romney in Connecticut - Mitt Romney is not the only Romney campaigning today.  The candidate's wife will address the Prescott Bush Awards Dinner in Stamford, Connecticut.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. News: WALMART accused of bribery

Walmart has been accused of bribing Mexican officials to the tune of some 25 million dollars, recalling to mind Halliburton bribing Nigerian leaders. Stay tuned for more. :)

April 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

And gere I thought China was the biggest Wat-Mart contributer, according to...go know.

April 23, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TORI ©

My comment to @bobcat, is awaiting moderation. If it posts can someone please tell me what the potential offense was.

April 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • TORI ©

Good Morning to you too @bobcat. It looks as though my post disappeared so I am not sure what my infraction was. Yes, having to separate letters like that is a total waste of time. I did LOVE your joke.

April 23, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Superman

@@@tori c missed you on here,,,,,, good to have you back,,,i just wanted to say thank you for the email from you " two" i really liked that and to you the world needs more of the good folks,,,,,,,hope everything finds you in good spirits and safe on another day

April 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • TORI ©

@Thank you Superman, just trying to stay positive. Glad the email went through.

April 23, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. citizen

Years ago Chiquita paid protection money to narco terrorists so plantations wouldn't be attacked.
    Rumors of bribed paid to African governments for energy and mineral rights have swirled for years.
    The simple price of win at any cost mentality.
    Doesn't matter if, or how walmart is penalized.They already own the market in Mexico

April 23, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

I see what you're saying.

April 23, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Superman

@@@tori c,,,,,,,,,its ok you could recite the three pigs here and it will say that ,,,,,,,hahahahah it stinks now thats what computers are for,,,,,our comments are awaiting moderation,,,

April 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Superman

@@@tori staying possitive is easy thats not what the negatives like so as long as you do not flinch or let those bring you down life is better,,,,,,,,, maybe go for a drive or something and enjoy some time alone as you re adjust to the states

April 23, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Superman

@@@chrissy are you there????

April 23, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. @citizen

Bs. While rumors of Halliburon officials bribing Nigerian officials did circulate for years, Halliburton has TWICE been convicted. These bribery charges related to the Walmart corporation known as 'Walmex' cover bribes made from 2006-2011. Many hope this dosn't interfere with Walmart's plans to lay-off all their cashiers once their RFID systems are installed, and hope Walmart in China doesn't follow suit. Bribery is punishable with death in China.

April 23, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Superman

@@@bombo if there was an awesome restaurant called the wildrose would you go in and eat? Names are just names,,,,thats all but i do see your view on it! It does sound a little funky LOL

April 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • BOMBO ©

You bet I would, and I do know where the name comes from. The wild rose is the official flower/ plant of Alberta. But it still seems like a weird name for a political party, especially an ultra-conservative one.

April 23, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. True Joke

This American man walks into Iran over 50 years ago with 3 million US dollars in his pocket. A few weeks later the anti-western government is overthrown by the pro-western government. That man was the world's first 'Economic Hitman', and he was also fmr. president Teddy Roodevelt's grandson.
    The author of the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman', himself a former NSA agent (the NSA directs the CIA) was on CNBC this morning explaining EXACTLY how and why US corporations and secret agents bribe foreigners. Read this book and come to know rather than coming to wonder.

April 23, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Where does change come in?
      That's what I wonder.
      I'd like to know.

April 23, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BOMBO ©

Re- bribes in third world countries, I do see your point, but you know what the alternative is, don't you? Don't do business there. Then lots of ordinary people are out of work. I don't like it either, but in some places that is part of the cost of doing business.

April 23, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Superman

Wow no wonder how money became every thing

April 23, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Chinaman

Contributah? Creator! Sam Walton just man pick for job. Uncle Sam know you be ok if fat and happy with cheap stuff. Rest are just players. It not mond control so much as body control. You look at "69" backwards too. Maybe go home now no pay.

April 23, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Banasy know you be happy and fat with cheap stuff too.

April 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Chinaman

Leeintulsa. Yep. I was just getting to know him a little bit. He and I were tangled-up on something or another when I learned he had died. Huh. I don't even recall what it was about. I was looking forward to getting to know him. However far 'know' goes here. So it's not worth a lot for me to say I miss him, but I do. I miss Protoman and Tomcat...I even miss Whitekong 78. Another man down. (not to mention I'm about the only one here who believes that it's quite possible Lee will be seen right here on earth again)

April 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. banasy©

Leeintulsa was here as long as I have been.
    I have no doubt I shall see him again.
    That is all.