April 27th, 2012

Friday's live events

The focus of the presidential election is turning toward November's general election.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - Zimmerman court hearing - A court hearing will be held in the case of George Zimmerman, the man accused of killing Florida teen Trayvon Martin.  The hearing is expected to focused on the donations Zimmerman has received, as well as the suspect's criminal file.

9:30 am ET - Shuttle Enterprise's final flight - Space shuttle Enterprise, a prototype vehicle, is heading to its permanent home at New York's Intrepid Museum.  It will fly from Washington to New York this morning, paying visit to several landmarks along the way.

10:00 am ET - Remembering Alabama tornado victims - One year ago today, devastating tornadoes struck parts of Alabama.  A prayer service honoring the tornado victims takes place this morning in Montgomery.  A remembrance ceremony at the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa will follow at 6:00 pm ET.

12:45 pm ET - Obama meets the troops - President Obama unveils a new initiative aimed at helping military veterans at an event in Fort Stewart, Georgia.

2:00 pm ET - Romney goes back to school - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney spends part of his day at Otterbein University in Ohio.  He'll hold a roundtable discussion with graduating seniors, then give a "guest lecture" at 3:00 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Elections • Justice • On CNN.com today • Politics • Trayvon Martin
  1. banasy©

Now, I sincerely hope this post was by a troll.

April 27, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

I hope this is a troll, also.
    I feel it is.
    Mary doesn't lie, I don't think.

April 27, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kellyintulsa

wow I guess I missed a lot while I was cleaning. Sounds like kids who are home from school and bored. @Bobcat thank you hun the jokes were awesome !! @Banasy Yes things are looking up but it's still baby steps and day by day. Hoping for a nice relaxing weekend with Mathew and Debi. From the looks of it on Fridays I'll just stay away from the boards lol.

April 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Every day requires baby steps at this stage, sweetie.
      You're stronger than you know...
      I hope you have a great weekend.

April 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@kellyintulsa

Congratulations on your new job. Time for good things to happen now. This is just the start. Good luck.

April 27, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sis

I have read this whole thread, and i still don't know what you are talking about! Asking for a citation as verification of information and asking why a post is deleted is only the same in that they are both QUESTIONS! Using it as some form of wierd illiteration is just...odd, as this post I am answering to is! You sound as if you may have some sort of problem processing information, and the post above make you sound slightly paranoid...

April 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sis

You people are nuts!

April 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Nutty like a fruitcake, my dear friend. How good to hear from you. I adore you as a favorite coffee cup or warm sweater in Fall.

All the lawyers and all the money will not deter justice for George Zimmerman's brutal slaying of that precious young life.

April 28, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ma & pa

Incredible. Not our usual humor, but we're still laughing over Bobcats 10:52 joke. It's that straight all-seeing eye guarding exit against intruders.

April 27, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |