April 27th, 2012

Friday's live events

The focus of the presidential election is turning toward November's general election.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - Zimmerman court hearing - A court hearing will be held in the case of George Zimmerman, the man accused of killing Florida teen Trayvon Martin.  The hearing is expected to focused on the donations Zimmerman has received, as well as the suspect's criminal file.

9:30 am ET - Shuttle Enterprise's final flight - Space shuttle Enterprise, a prototype vehicle, is heading to its permanent home at New York's Intrepid Museum.  It will fly from Washington to New York this morning, paying visit to several landmarks along the way.

10:00 am ET - Remembering Alabama tornado victims - One year ago today, devastating tornadoes struck parts of Alabama.  A prayer service honoring the tornado victims takes place this morning in Montgomery.  A remembrance ceremony at the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa will follow at 6:00 pm ET.

12:45 pm ET - Obama meets the troops - President Obama unveils a new initiative aimed at helping military veterans at an event in Fort Stewart, Georgia.

2:00 pm ET - Romney goes back to school - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney spends part of his day at Otterbein University in Ohio.  He'll hold a roundtable discussion with graduating seniors, then give a "guest lecture" at 3:00 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Elections • Justice • On CNN.com today • Politics • Trayvon Martin
  1. jim the honest fixed income trader

Buy Honeywell and short oil

April 27, 2012 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Tiny Tim

Please, sir, could I have some food? I haven't eaten in days, sir. Could you spare a bit of change?

April 27, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • President Obama

Today I will be circling the country on your dime. I was thinking how I could blow another five hundred million of your money. Since hardly anyone cares why not?

April 27, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  2. kellyintulsa

Good Morning everyone. Here I came to read another of Bobcat's jokes and find nothing. I hope everyone is well. @Superman your advice has been a blessing. @Banasy ,Chrissy,Superman and all the others you have a friend for life in me. I start work on the 2nd and Debi will be moved in this weekend.

April 27, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@kellyintulsa:
      Congratulations on your job! Yay!
      I am glad things are getting a little bit better.
      May your path be smooth.

April 27, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. 4 thougt, Food

The amazingly creative and imaginary minds of science fiction writers...not one has ever imagined flying saucers originating in pre-Nazi Germany, getting captured by allied forces and Russians, and eventually scare everyone into a New World Order united against the common enemy, "invading aliens" from outter space. Not one movie ever made pretends that flying saucers are from earth. What? It would make a GREAT sci-fi thriller.

April 27, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. stephan kingsy

@4 thought. Ththat giveth me a guh-rate idea for my nextht movie! It thstarths out withe several mutan men from thanfranthithco disguithed as lithards...

April 27, 2012 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. TORI ©

Good Morning to you @KellyinTulsa. I was hoping to see my bud @bobcat crack one of his good ones on here too but not yet! I am so happy Kelly that life is treating you gently and good luck with the new job. I am taking a summer job with a compet i ting network, so this will be my last post for a while. Even though the troLls make for a horrific experience at times, the ability to "meet" all of you has been awesome. I thank CNN for that. Once I get my yahoo email fixed, I will be in touch. Have a lovely summer and that is directed to all of the good ones that I treasure. Farewell for now!

April 27, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ TORI ©:
      Hello and maybe goodbye again for a while–if that really is you.
      I now see trolls' JIF posts that I no longer bother to deny.

April 27, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I shall miss you, love.

@JIF:
      Good morning.

April 27, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. Leonardo Decapitationo, B movie producer

Hmmm. A movie about flying saucers originating from nazi germany...manmade. I can dig it. The movie could feature Colorado getting back the 8% of the river given to Mexico as a wal-mart sort of bribe to keep Mexico from allowing nazis to launch their flying saucers from Mexican military bases, which were little more than patches of ground with most of the dirt clods swept off anyway.

April 27, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. jim the honest fixed income trader

@Philip, the flying a saucepan story is not interesting or funny. Stick to the k in t bit or the bob cat joke gag.
    Just so you know

April 27, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. Scottish Mama

No wonder G. Zimmerman did not have any worries about getting out on bail on a measley $15,000.00 bail, his brother has $200,000.00 waiting for G. Zimmerman at his disposal.
    Witnesses need to come forward without threats and let the courts and jury decide no matter the outcome.

April 27, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

Good morning all.
    As things stand now it seems likely that President Obama would win a second term come November. Which, in my opinion augurs well for the country after getting a taste of what Romneys & Gingriches have to offer the American people.

I too was hoping to find a good one from @bobcat, perhaps on some other thread.

April 27, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
    • mittens ; job destroyer

You just wanted to say "augurs".

April 27, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. mittens ; job destroyer

It's the economy folks. And gee whiz, I know everything about the economy.
    I really really really really really really do!

April 27, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  11. mittens ; job destroyer

A more appropriate phrase would have been, "bodes well ".

April 27, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • saywhat

Thanks @mittens

April 27, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. mittens ; job destroyer

If Jesus was here, I would still keep my car elevator. Because gosh, he probably just envies it.

April 27, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  13. ron

Special "HI" to kellyintulsa and Tori- nice to see you both here this morn. Chin up and eyes toward the future kelly- one never knows whats just around the corner. Have a great fri.!

April 27, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

@[H]onest [J]im. I'm simply wondering why never has there been a science fiction writer who imagined flying saucers originating in the minds of men, that's all. It's strange. They've imagined stupider things than this and made blockbuster movies out of it, so just b/c most wouldn't find it interesting, enough would.

April 27, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat) ©

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the stewardess announces over the intercom that "we're just waiting for the pilots."

The passengers look out the window and see two men, dressed as pilots walking towards the plane. Both men are using guide dogs and appear to be blind. There are murmurs among the passengers, and some believe it is a joke.

The men board the plane and go into the co ckpit. More concerned murmurs and uneasy chuckles from the passengers. The plane taxis normally to the runway and begins it's takeoff. As passengers look out the window they realize they are nearing the end of the runway. The entire passenger cabin begins screaming but the plane lifts off just before the end of the runway. The passengers calm down and chuckle to themselves, at this point believing that they fell for a joke.

In the co ckpit, the pilot turns to his copilot and says "you know, one day those people are gonna scream too late and we're all gonna die!"

April 27, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

Good morning all my friends. I'm just getting a late start this morning.

April 27, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |