April 27th, 2012

Friday's live events

The focus of the presidential election is turning toward November's general election.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - Zimmerman court hearing - A court hearing will be held in the case of George Zimmerman, the man accused of killing Florida teen Trayvon Martin.  The hearing is expected to focused on the donations Zimmerman has received, as well as the suspect's criminal file.

9:30 am ET - Shuttle Enterprise's final flight - Space shuttle Enterprise, a prototype vehicle, is heading to its permanent home at New York's Intrepid Museum.  It will fly from Washington to New York this morning, paying visit to several landmarks along the way.

10:00 am ET - Remembering Alabama tornado victims - One year ago today, devastating tornadoes struck parts of Alabama.  A prayer service honoring the tornado victims takes place this morning in Montgomery.  A remembrance ceremony at the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa will follow at 6:00 pm ET.

12:45 pm ET - Obama meets the troops - President Obama unveils a new initiative aimed at helping military veterans at an event in Fort Stewart, Georgia.

2:00 pm ET - Romney goes back to school - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney spends part of his day at Otterbein University in Ohio.  He'll hold a roundtable discussion with graduating seniors, then give a "guest lecture" at 3:00 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Elections • Justice • On CNN.com today • Politics • Trayvon Martin
  1. bosuns mate

Hoist the Jib, splice the mainbrace!

April 27, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. Scottish Mama

I mean not me.

April 27, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. crissy©

I will not mention a duece today. Promise.

April 27, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. Scottish Mama

Two men just were charged with killing someone in Missouri, their bond was set at a million. I think the previous bond to Zimmerman should be revoked and if they find he or his family knew about it (i.e. tape of his sister-in-law in court) that she knew his brother had the donations. It should be investigated and he be sent back to jail during the course of the trial if it can be proved he was playing a shuffle the money game. No wonder his brother did not speak for him at his trial.

April 27, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scottish Mama

Not me again. Loser.

April 27, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Why are you attacking me know, Philip? I have done nothing at all to you.
    At all.
    Backpedalling? I think not.
    One doesn't need citations for opinions, but one does needcitations for sposting scat as fact.
    Mine are purely opinions.
    Leave me alone, Philip, for I do not have to expend on your little exploits.
    First blood...
    It's on you; you are instigating again.

April 27, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

How come your posts is the only one to posts below all the other none moving bottom posts?

April 27, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Mary: I agree.
      One more thing:
      If I misunderstood P's post in a way that was different than what he intended it, I aplogize.
      I guess I don't equate deletions with citations...
      Water, bridge, mmkay?

April 27, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Sure thing.

April 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@dazzle:
    Well, I guess if the only way to get one's point about a post is to post smack about another poster...
    That's all right.
    People see it for what itmis.

April 27, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I don't care who it is, it's absolutely absurd!
      Trolls know no boundaries, but they want to impose boundaries on other people?

April 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@bobcat:
    Thank you for the jojes.
    I enjoy them immensely.

April 27, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

@higgs boson....hogwash. The aliens in Tom Cruise War of the Worlds originated from outter space, not from earth. Never has there been a movie about flying saucers being designed by men Has the idea never occured to ANY science fiction writer? Even B movie producer?

April 27, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

@banasy. I wasn't attacking you. (sheesh) I was simply pointing out that CNN deletes my posts after they are posted all the time, and never say why. Like when you ask for *citations*. Gee wizz people.

April 27, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I saw the post.
      I saw what you wrote.
      NOW who's backpedalling?
      Everyone's posts get deleted.

April 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And all of the posts get deleted after the posts.
      It says at the bottom of the page that they are not pre-screened.
      Therefore, to eliminate the more offensive posts, (and I am NOT saying that yours fall into that category!) obviously they must be deleted ater they are posted....
      Just like the faux chrissy depends posts.
      Afterwards.

April 27, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Scottish Mama

@Philip -my posts was to you about starting a million dollar empire to start your own comic book line.

April 27, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. Scottish Mama

@banasy – you have to give him some brownie points for quick reply?
    @Philip were you Kenny Rogers though?

April 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

And what have I done to YOU, Miss Hecht?
    Nothing.

April 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

Then he should have made it as clear as you; that is not how he wrote it.
    Besides the fact I have only ever asked him for a citation perhaps once. last year.
    And *why* are you yelling?
    What have I done now?

April 27, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

(no, not Kenny Rogers. I was John Wayne (RIP) Read my post again. I said CNN was backpeddling by posting my comments to the board and then deleting them for no good reason. No terms of service violations. No citations. Like paying for a parking ticket you never even got to see. NONE of what I said was directed @banasy. I was just using her patented requests for *citations* to illustrate.

April 27, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I have asked you for a citation maybe once.
      Everyone else asking for a citation is on them, not me.
      Have a nice day, Philip.