April 27th, 2012

Friday's live events

The focus of the presidential election is turning toward November's general election.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - Zimmerman court hearing - A court hearing will be held in the case of George Zimmerman, the man accused of killing Florida teen Trayvon Martin.  The hearing is expected to focused on the donations Zimmerman has received, as well as the suspect's criminal file.

9:30 am ET - Shuttle Enterprise's final flight - Space shuttle Enterprise, a prototype vehicle, is heading to its permanent home at New York's Intrepid Museum.  It will fly from Washington to New York this morning, paying visit to several landmarks along the way.

10:00 am ET - Remembering Alabama tornado victims - One year ago today, devastating tornadoes struck parts of Alabama.  A prayer service honoring the tornado victims takes place this morning in Montgomery.  A remembrance ceremony at the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa will follow at 6:00 pm ET.

12:45 pm ET - Obama meets the troops - President Obama unveils a new initiative aimed at helping military veterans at an event in Fort Stewart, Georgia.

2:00 pm ET - Romney goes back to school - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney spends part of his day at Otterbein University in Ohio.  He'll hold a roundtable discussion with graduating seniors, then give a "guest lecture" at 3:00 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Elections • Justice • On CNN.com today • Politics • Trayvon Martin
  1. banasy©

Miss Hecht, I don't know what you're talking about. have a fine Friday, ma'am.

April 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Old Farmer w/no TV

He he. This reminds me of the barnyard watching hens scratch for something to peck at. If you aren't an old hen here scratching for something to peck at, you should not take offense at my little barnyard humor. Life on a farm w/no TV...ya gotta kinda look for movies. Hens pecking at each other as the Rooster rolls his eyes is a favorite oldie. 'Specially when the foxes come around.

April 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jj

hi everyone! Let's play nicely today. Seriously check out Sophia grace on ellen on YouTube. It will make your day I promise!

April 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ Jj, although I agree with you hitting Philip's post to make that statement when he has done nothing is taking a shot at the wrong person. Tempers fly to easily with some here.

April 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Jazzzzzzz y 7, I am asking you to please remember that you are a grown person, and I do not lie.
    Why are you here starting things again?
    I am done with you.
    Have a nice weekend.

April 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Scottish Mama

If you two would pull together, you two alone could rid us of the Troll. Obviously it has used you two to go at each other & Dazzle and Philip.

April 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I attacked no one.
      I defend when attacked.
      Nor, do I have any sway over what gets deleted; my posts often get deleted too.
      That's all I am going to say on that subject.

@bobcat:
      Fraky Friday, indeed.
      I am getiing off this bored now.
      Yes, I intended to spell it that way.
      Have a great weekend, everyone.

April 27, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

@banasy I was referring to the post about Kenny Rogers (per Ph) and Ph said it was not him. I think Ph was apologizing for the other and miscomunication. I was saying though that the troll may be erasing so the crime cannot be traced or debated.

April 27, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

lol..........

April 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

See what I mean? It is back and someone has deleted this post, not me.

April 27, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Well it looks like Freaky Friday has commenced. Can't we all just get along ?

April 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Old Farmer w/no TV

Omg banasy. I (Philip) was just using your asking me for citations to illustrate I think CNN should explain why they delete so many of our posts that violate no terms of service or contain vulgarity. Bad hair day?

April 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ok, Philip, whatever.
      Have a fabulous day.

April 27, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

lol...

April 27, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Scottish Mama

I did delete the posts that had to do with me with my troll. I hope in my ferver it was not me that deleted it.
    I am with bobcat though, I think the troll is having fun right now.
    @banasy and Philip -me thinks a delete from a troll makes fun for it.

April 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

@Mary too confusing for me. Have a good day.

April 27, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

lmao....

April 27, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Scottish Mama

Jazzzzzzz is that you posting the bull to me?

April 27, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mrs. Smith

This thread is confusing. Asking for a citation backing up a post made isn't the same thing as why a post is deleted. That analogy is flawed. Sorry.

April 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mrs. Smith

You can bet your sweet bippy that Zimmerman's defense is going to bring up the victim's criminal history. Of course GZ's criminal record should be admitted; it goes directly to state of mind. As for the bail money, there are many defense funds out there for other defendants. Unless the money is traceable back to a drug cartel or some other illegal activity, it shouldn't be an issue.

April 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I think the problem was, he was claiming indigent, while having access to $200,000,00.

April 27, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Smith

I will admit that I don't follow this veru closely, as the whole circus is abhorrent to me...since you seem to have some knowledge on this matter, his attorney is a private one, is he not? Obviously he can't be indigent.

April 27, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

The tax payers were to foot the bill now it seems he will save them the $'s. I just think this whole thing was to use the media to get out Zimmermans internet site info to bring in cash. The tv said his lawyer could cost 1 million. My original posts was to someone about the T-shirt sales for Trayvon Martin. I had said Martins money was above board while it seems Zimmerman was crying poor mouth he was raking in the money, by his brother setting up the site.

April 27, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Smith

Oh ho, so he is being a bit capricious as to where his money is coming from? Really, it seems to have stuck his foot in his mouth. is defense will be very costly, as it looks as if it is going to be a very intricate defense.

April 27, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I doubt he sat on his hands for the 50 days or so he was not charged. I am sure he was getting his stategic ducks in a row.

April 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Smith

I just read another thread on this subject, where you have posted, and I have a somewhat better understanding of it now. It appears that GZ is more sly than I have previously thought!
      I was on another blog, the Detroit one, and I was accused of being a stalker because I had answered some posts. I thank you for your kindness in answering me.

April 27, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |