Gotta Watch: Dangerous jobs
Calling all alligator hunters - the state of Texas needs you!
May 2nd, 2012

Gotta Watch: Dangerous jobs

There are some men and women who don't fear danger or even risking their lives at work. For some, the adrenaline rush of pushing themselves to the edge keeps their jobs interesting and rewarding.  CNN.com has collected video of some of these risk-takers putting their lives on the line. Watch as an alligator hunter, firefighter and window washer are caught in precarious positions that will put a chill up your spine.

Need a job? Texas needs gator hunters

Watch as hunters trap alligators and discover why Texas is in desperate need for more people to capture them.

Fireman: Roof under him 'just dropped'

Watch what saved a firefighter from falling to his death inside a burning building.

Window washer saved from fall

Find out how long it took for someone to discover this window washer hanging from a high-rise building.

Post by:
Filed under: Alligators • Animals • Fire • Gotta Watch • Michigan • Survivor Stories • Texas • U.S. • Washington state
  1. hamsta

i am a longshoreman(load and unload ships)and i was knocked off of a container ship by a malfunctioning crane.i fell 30 feet and landed on my head.i fractured my skull and put a 6 inch gash in my scalp.i fractured 2 vertebrae and my hip.i shattered my rib cage and compressed my spine.i was told by the doctor that scientifically i should be dead several times over and surviving that i should be parylized surviving that i definitely shouldnt be able to walk.7 years later i am the companies favorite crane operator because i know the value of safety.my job can be very dangerous but it feels good to say thanks to me you have shoes on your feet,clothes on your back,plates to eat with and food to put on that plate.

May 2, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Hell, just build a robot gator gitter. That way they can replace more humans with machines.

May 2, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

@hamsta
    Glad to see your OK. I just had staples pulled from my head a few weeks ago from a mere slip on a greasy floor. My feet went out in front of me, and my head got gashed on top while falling backwards into a steel protrusion welded to a conveyor support. Nothing near as bad as yours. Now I'm on an arial platform doing demolition. My back too, is screwed up, according to my last MRI. My family doctor let me suffer 11 days following the MRI, before he'd do anything.

May 2, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

@hamsta
    I have great respect for machinery. I simply do not trust anything. It too, has respect for me, because if it don't behave right, "I will alter it, until it is right". :)

May 2, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. hamsta

sorry to hear that.i wish you a speedy recovery.its not fun being injured and you may have back problems the rest of your life.i highly recommend physical therapy.you wont like it at first because you will be doing things that make the pain flare up but work through it and every time you see the therapist you will leave feeling better without drugs.i have to do these funny exercises every morning but it works.if i dont do the exercises i get really bad cramps.i can either live on muscle relaxers or exercise.i think i will choose exercise.i cant function on those muscle relaxers.my experience with the doctors wasnt very enjoyable either.i went to 5 different doctors before i found one that understood that i dont want to be a junkie and that drugs dont fix anything.

May 3, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. hamsta

@bobcat stop making me laugh my ribs hurt.just kidding i like your sense of humor keep it up.

May 3, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Full of It

Texas Gators ? Hel l, we use them for bait for the bass we get here in Roosevelt Lake in Aridzona.

May 3, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Granny

Your name says it all.

May 3, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. grandpa

Granny where been? I miss your dried out carcass.

May 3, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. infonomics

With so many available gators, I can foresee a new sport: bareback gator riding !

May 3, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. jang jobs

Perfect article for the job. in the present time online job is really easy and facility able, actually i doing the online job. whatever, in this site has job related information. jang jobs
    if you need this so you can check this site today or between the tomorrow.

May 6, 2012 at 3:38 am | Report abuse | Reply