May 3rd, 2012

Bin Laden documents published online

The United States published several documents online Thursday that it seized during the raid that killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan last year.

The Combating Terrorism Center at West Point published the papers on its website.

They are among the more than 6,000 documents U.S. Navy SEALs seized during their raid on bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, in May 2011. Among the revelations from that larger batch of documents is that bin Laden worked until his death to organize another massive terrorist attack in the United States, even while steering affiliated groups away from using the terror network's name so they would not attract as many enemies.

The documents were found on the five computers, dozens of hard drives and more than 100 storage devices, such as thumb drives and discs, confiscated from the compound after bin Laden was killed.

FULL STORY
  1. raven

Oaf boasts most posts.

May 4, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. **cosmicVox *

...Bin Laden's pals may hate Western Civilization but they sure love its Technology!

May 4, 2012 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. Ozmix Xov

Perhaps Bin Laden's pals hate westerners drinking easterners oil? Slamming Afghanistans poppy? Hypocricy? No? Yes?

May 4, 2012 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  4. Traven Mortem

Where'd I go? 🙂

May 4, 2012 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. fernace

I just left another thread, full of trolling & am again assaulted w/Philips take-over of this 1! When I'm off subject my posts don't go thru! Do you & Mary (probably 1 of your alter egos), work for CNN & you have accsess to the blogs & deletions? Inquiring minds want to know: What's up, here? On Topic: I haven't read the binLaden papers, but I believe he master minded 9/11! He & his crew have proudly taken resposibility for many bombings world wide & they all share similarities! My motto in life has always been "Have Fun" & that leaves me no time for conspiracy theories! Besides that, I'm sad to hear Adam MCA Yauch didn't win his battle w/cancer! Rip It, dude!!

May 4, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Pete

Maybe republicans won't like all his papers,especially when the Bush clan was in it so deep,thanking him for allowing his escape so many times before.He probibly left Bush hundreds of IOUs laying around for the presidential hack to see,paybacks for his intentionally telling the CIA and troops were he wasn't, to cover a debt he owed to Osamas father for past employment in Saudi Arabia,just like Bush Jr.as a consultant with Carlyle Corporation before his presidency.Republicans don't like that dirty little fact,but throw stones when they themselves are standing in the glass houses,such hypocritsy....O,if ya don't know,Osamas father owned Carlyle and that's a CIA fact....

May 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Gajendra

So, you are off Medicaid now. I'm assuming you now have group hetalh insurance through an employer.Sounds to me like like your employer needs to change plans. I do agree however that co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance are brutal in the community rated market. The PPACA seems to have done nothing yet.The plan that offers the least amount of out of pocket expenses is Empire BCBS's Prism EPO plan. The owner of your company needs to get this plan implemented in your organization.

July 11, 2012 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |