May 4th, 2012

Drew Peterson hearing set for Friday

Drew Peterson will be in an Illinois courtroom Friday for a hearing for his upcoming murder trial, court officials said.

The former police sergeant is accused of killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in 2004. He remains under investigation in the October 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

This hearing comes after a controversial ruling was made earlier this year in the widely followed murder case.

In April, an Illinois appellate court ruled that prosecutors can use potentially incriminating statements made by Savio and Peterson's still-missing wife against him.

That ruling overturned an earlier judge's decision that forbid prosecutors from using eight statements made by Savio before her death and by Stacy Peterson before her disappearance.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Crime • Justice • U.S.
  1. AMERICA 1st

EGADS! Are they still going on with that? Why is that killer still breathing? He should have been euthanized years ago! Whats taking so long? GIT ER DONE!

May 4, 2012 at 3:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Tango

I thought he was a goner already!

May 4, 2012 at 4:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy©

We hear a lot about this guy, him being from the Chicago area and all.
    Smug, pretentious, arrogant, self-absorbed mysogynist pig.
    I agree with Mary's wish; unfortunately Illinois put a moratorium on the DP.
    More's the pity.

May 4, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Another former cop who thought he was above the law.

May 4, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Driving to work, a gentlman had to swerve to avoid a box that fell out of a truck in front of him. Seconds later, a policeman pulled him over for reckless driving. Fortunately, another officer had seen the carton in the road. The policmen stopped traffic and recovered the box. It was found to contain large upholstery tacks.
    "I'm sorry sir," the first trooper told the driver, "but I am still going to have to write you a ticket."
    Amazed, the driver asked for what.
    The trooper replied, "Tacks evasion."

May 4, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

•Groan•

May 4, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

If you thought that was bad, try this one.

A squad car driver was covering a quiet beat out in the sticks when he was amazed to find a former lieutenant on the police force covering the beat.
      He stopped the car and asked, "Why, Irish Mike, this wouldn't be your new beat out here in the sticks, would it?"
      "That it is, "Irish Mike replied grimly, "ever since I arrested the judge on his way to the masquerade ball."
      "You mean you pinched his honor?" asked Pat.
      "How was I to know that his convict suit was only a costume?" demanded Mike.
      "Well," mused Pat, "there's a lesson in this somewhere."
      "That there is," replied Irish Mike...." 'Tis wise never to book a judge by his cover."

May 4, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Lol.....•groooooooan!•
    I do so appreciate the levity you bring to these blogs!

May 4, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Ok,. Last one on here. I promise.

This guy calls his wife at work and says, "Don't worry, I'm fine and the damage is minimal."
    She says, "Oh my gosh, what happened?"
    He says, "I was coming back from lunch and a bird hit my car windshield."
    "How much damage did it do?" she asked.
    "Minimal, however I did get a ticket."
    "A ticket how did you get that?"
    "Well, I managed to reach the bird through the window and throw it behind me, however it hit the windshield of the car behind me. It was a highway patrol car and the officer gave me a ticket."
    "What for?" she asked, "Damaging his windshield?"
    "No, for flipping him the bird!"

May 4, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Umbrage©

Gotta take bobcat with that one. •Groan x 2•

May 4, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Pete

This is the legal system,live with it.Charles Manson tried and convicted almost 50 years ago is still seeking parole every few years,isn't that a laugh.Everyone in his cult are dead or dying and he looks like a feeble old man,just waiting to be let loose,should've been dead years ago,he's costing us money....This dirty cop should be gone in jail by now,but because he's a cop and has a good lawyer they'll drag this on for more years than you'll count,just a waste of our tax payers money and he loves its being just a legal circus...This is why there's backlogs in our judicial system and nobody wants to help speed up the process,so there again,we'll just have to live with it..

May 4, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. fernace

I love you bobcat(iah), your jokes make my day!!

May 4, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. fernace

BTW, this dirty cop needs a lifetime of penitentiary!!

May 4, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

He needs to be stopped somehow!

May 4, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Well then, I suppose I agree with Mary's troll.

May 4, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Mark

will this trial be on TV and the internet ?

May 7, 2012 at 6:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Mark

Will this trial be on TV or the internet CNN,LIVE?

May 7, 2012 at 7:00 am | Report abuse | Reply