May 6th, 2012

Senior al Qaeda operative killed by airstrike in Yemen

A senior operative of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula wanted for his role in the USS Cole bombing was killed by an airstrike in Yemen on Sunday, the Yemeni Embassy in Washington said.

Fahd al Quso, 37, was killed in Shabwa province, according to the embassy.

In addition to being one of the most-wanted terrorists in Yemen, the FBI had offered a $5 million reward for any information leading to al Quso's capture.

Al Quso was indicted by a federal grand jury in New York in 2003 on 50 counts of terrorism offenses for his role in the October 12, 2000, bombing of the USS Cole in Aden, Yemen. The bombing killed 17 U.S. sailors.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Terrorism • Yemen
  1. Jj

The new campaign slogan for the president is "forward". Romney said "what? Forward off a cliff?". Lmao!!!!! And yes I know this is the wrong thread but I'm flipping bored.

May 6, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. banasy©

Sounds like some kind of cheese appetizer...

May 6, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy©

Unfortunately, hate is perpetual.

May 6, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. HIDE BEHIND

Oh don't worry, for sure as heck not every person in world will love us.

We just gotta find the next senior member, and then the next, and the next and so on.

Odd how many AQs there are and now they are every where

Wonder why they don t like us?

May 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Portland tony

It seems we blow up a "senior" al Qaeda leader on a weekly basis. How many can they have? Why don't we , as we are eliminating them seniors, just blow them all up?

May 6, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. raven

Hey every one, and m.s. Ya beat me to it with the cheese dip thing. gmta...

May 6, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. raven

Ot: was wondering why all my clothes smelled like bananas. Then I realized I had packed everything in fruit boxes for the move.

May 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jj

thats hilarious!!! At least u didn't use sausage boxes!

May 6, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@Jay: I was refering to dazzle's post, but thanks...I think...

@m.s.: Chiquita or Dole?

May 6, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

@banasy, reading through the comments I see that there must have been a dazzle post that you are referring to. Must have been a jacker dazzle but at least it has been removed.

May 6, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. raven

Lol@jj!! That set me off!! Omg, still cracking up!

May 6, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. raven

Also off topic (but kinda related) : I've got my Sunday paper in front of me. Says (and I quote) "Arraignment proceeds despite shenanigans" Because the Gitmo detainees are ignoring the judge. Shenanigans? Those ruffians, those, those BOUNDERS!

May 6, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

"Evil shenanigans.........."

May 6, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Once there was a golfer whose drive landed on an anthill. Rather than move the ball, he decided to hit it where it lay. He gave a mighty swing. Clouds of dirt and sand and ants exploded from the spot. Everything but the golfball. It sat in the same spot.

So he lined up and tried another shot. Clouds of dirt and sand and ants went flying again. The golf ball didn't even wiggle.

Two ants survived. One dazed ant said to the other, "Whoa! What are we going to do?"

Said the other ant: "I don't know about you, but I'm going to get on the ball."

May 6, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply