Full text of Rick Santorum e-mail endorsing Romney
May 8th, 2012

Full text of Rick Santorum e-mail endorsing Romney

Rick Santorum told supporters in an e-mail Monday he was endorsing his one-time rival for the GOP presidential nomination Mitt Romney.

Below is the full text of the e-mail Santorum sent out:

Friends,

Thank you again for all you did as one of my strongest and committed supporters. Your belief in our campaign helped us start a movement of Americans who believe deeply that our best days are ahead as long as we fight to strengthen our families, unshackle our economy and promote freedom here and around the world. Karen and I will be forever grateful for the support, kindness and commitment you showed us, as well as our children, over these last months.

On Friday, Governor Romney came to Pittsburgh for an over-hour long one-on-one meeting. The conversation was candid, collegial and focused on the issues that you helped me give voice to during our campaign; because I believe they are essential ingredients to not only winning this fall, but turning our country around.

While the issue of my endorsement did not come up, I certainly have heard from many of you who have weighed in on whether or not I should issue a formal endorsement. Thank you for your counsel, it has been most helpful. However, I felt that it was completely impossible for me to even consider an endorsement until after a meeting to discuss issues critical to those of us who often feel our voices are not heard by the establishment: social conservatives, tea-party supporters, lower and middle income working families.

Clearly without the overwhelming support from you all, I never would have won 11 states and over 3 million votes, and we would not have won more counties than all the other candidates combined. I can assure you that even though I am no longer a candidate for president, I will still continue to fight every day for our shared values – the values that made America the greatest country in the history of the world.

During our meeting I felt a deep responsibility to assess Governor Romney's commitment to addressing the issues most important to conservatives, as well his commitment to ensuring our appropriate representation in a Romney administration.

The family and its foundational role in America's economic success, a central point of our campaign, was discussed at length. I was impressed with the Governor's deep understanding of this connection and his commitment to economic policies that preserve and strengthen families. He clearly understands that having pro-family initiatives are not only the morally and economically right thing to do, but that the family is the basic building block of our society and must be preserved.

I also shared with Governor Romney my belief that we cannot restore America as the greatest economic engine the world has ever seen until we return America to being a manufacturing superpower. He listened very carefully to my advice on this matter, and while our policy prescriptions differed, he clearly expressed his desire to create more opportunities for those that are feeling left behind in this economy.

As it is often said, "personnel is policy." I strongly encouraged Governor Romney as he builds out his campaign staff and advisors that he add more conservative leaders as an integral part of his team. And you can be sure that I will work with the Governor to help him in this task to ensure he has a strong team that will support him in his conservative policy initiatives.

Of course we talked about what it would take to win this election. As you know I started almost every speech with the phrase that this was the most important election since the election of 1860 and four more years of President Obama is simply not an option. As I contemplated what further steps I will take, that reality weighed heavy on me. The America we know is being fundamentally changed to look more like a European socialist state than the land of opportunity our founding fathers established.

Freedom and personal responsibility are being replaced with big government dependency. The greatest and most productive workers in the world are being hamstrung by excessive regulations making it impossible to compete. Our healthcare system had been socialized, and the worth of each life dictated by some government bureaucrat. Our allies are insulted while our enemies are appeased. And our religious beliefs and freedom have come under attack.

What is even more troubling is what a second term of an Obama administration could bring. President Obama's admission to the Russians that he will have more flexibility in a second term can only be translated to "if you thought I was liberal in the first four years you haven't seen anything yet!"

The primary campaign certainly made it clear that Governor Romney and I have some differences. But there are many significant areas in which we agree: the need for lower taxes, smaller government, and a reduction in out-of-control spending. We certainly agree that abortion is wrong and marriage should be between one man and one woman. I am also comfortable with Governor Romney on foreign policy matters, and we share the belief that we can never allowIranto possess nuclear weapons. And while I had concerns about Governor Romney making a case as a candidate about fighting against Obamacare, I have no doubt if elected he will work with a Republican Congress to repeal it and replace it with a bottom up, patient, not government, driven system.

Above all else, we both agree that President Obama must be defeated. The task will not be easy. It will require all hands on deck if our nominee is to be victorious. Governor Romney will be that nominee and he has my endorsement and support to win this the most critical election of our lifetime.

My conversation with Governor Romney was very productive, but I intend to keep lines of communication open with him and his campaign. I hope to ensure that the values that made America that shining city on the hill are illuminated brightly by our party and our candidates thus ensuring not just a victory, but a mandate for conservative governance.

Karen and I know firsthand how difficult the campaign trail can be particularly as governor Romney faces relentless attacks from the democrats. We have been praying for him and his family and will continue to do so in the weeks and months ahead.

Thank you again for all you have done for us, and I look forward to working together to defeat President Obama this fall and to protect faith, family, freedom and opportunity in America.

With Gratitude,

Rick Santorum

P.S. As promised, very soon we will be making another big announcement, and I will be asking you to once again join forces with me to keep up the fight, together. Stay tuned.

1. houbie

I heard Mitt Romney was going to endorse Rick Santorum for Vice President.

He's placing the note in a dumpster behind the republican convention building and all Rick has to do is dive and find it and the job is his.

May 8, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Big Z

Sorry, Obama picked Biden to be his footstool. Actually, I"m not sure Biden is smart enough to be a footstool.

May 8, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Matt

If Clinton can endorse Obama, then Santorum can endorse Romney. Obama truly went after Clinton.... The only saving grace is that she got a powerful position within the administration.

Romney > Obama.

May 8, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. EX REPUBLICAN

Romney just flip flopped again on his immigration policy,I cannot support a man this dishonest,I am a republican and I will not vote for a man who flip flops and lies like this man,his word means nothing and I think many repubs are thinking the same thing.Until we return the repub party to the honerable party it was once was I will not vote repub,especially if they are people like Romney the lieing Flipper ETCH A SKETCH a name truely earned!!!

May 8, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. watchdog

watchdog

It seems that the group HEZBOLLAH, has a few new members working mortgage frauds in usa
    we have learned that top ranking members Mahmoud Razzaghi,Maryam Khavar,Mike Khavar,
    and many other names used by these people, including Khavari, Bayat, Khaleghi,Zaghami,Imani,
    hosaini,Hosseini,Abedi,Reza, Rezza,
    Just to name a few names that mortgages have been obtained through the Bank of America,
    Bank of New York, US Bank,

properties are bought forclosed on and short saled to other family members ,,using false ids, when the properties are sold they use insurance fraud to upgrade them,.

May 8, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. watchdog

watchdog

hosaini,Hosseini,Abedi,Reza, Rezza,
    Bank of New York, US Bank,

some ofthe addresses involved include......865 esperanza pl chula vista 91914.....
    1374 s creekside dr chula vista 91915...others will be posted as they come available...

May 8, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joe

I got some more stories for you email me if you want to hear

March 19, 2014 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. udtyjgtepv

サッカー スパイク スーパー リ ゲラそうですね。靴の場合、お店で履いたときは大丈夫だったのに・・ということはよくあります。だけど、お店の外でも試してだめだったからお返しします・・・というわけにはいきませんものねJanuary 28 , 2007, 8:57nakamuraさんの靴の思い出してみて、改めて靴の試着の難しさについて考えさせられました普通、店で試着してみる時、平らな床面以外で試すことはまずありませんところが、実際に路上を歩く時は、さまざまな傾斜や、歩道の段差、点字ブロックなどの多様な凹凸の上を歩くことが多く、思わぬ方向から力が働きます人は半ば無意識的に、そういう路面からの多様な力に対応しながら歩いているわけですだから、試着してみた時は大丈夫でも、実際に外の道を歩いてみると、あれ?という感じになることもある靴を試着する時は、そういう路面の条件の違いも頭に置いておかないといけないな、と改めて思った次第ですJanuary 27 , 2007, 23:27。日閉幕した第通常国会に政府が新規提出した法案のうち成立したのは本。成立率は・で、民主党政権下で行われた昨年の第通常国会の・から大幅に回復した安倍政権は昨年月の衆院選に伴い、予算編成が例年より遅れたことなどを踏まえ、提出法案を絞り込んだ。また、衆院小選挙区を「増減」して区割りを変更する改正公職選挙法以外に目立った対決法案はなく、審議が比較的スムーズに進んだことも成立率を押し上げた継続審議となったのは日本版(国家安全保障会議)を創設するための関連法案など本。
    ちなみに靴下の厚さでもサイズくらい違ってきますから、もし試着した時にはいていた靴下が薄いものなら、厚めのスポーツソックスをはいて試すのもいいかもしれません。私もパンプスの場合はかなり足幅気にするのですが、ウォーキングシューズは必ず靴下履くこともあってそこまでは気になりません。あと面倒ではありますが、ひも靴タイプを選ぶと少しくらい幅があってもしっかりホールドされますし。ナイキ スパイク◎各店舗が創意工夫するのが『HIROFU』のスタイル。接客を中心に、品揃えの選定からディスプレイ、販売促進まで、幅広く携わっていきます◎お客様一人ひとりのライフスタイルやご希望を引き出し、心からご満足いただけることを目指しています。『HIROFU』のコンセプトをお伝えし、お客様のライフスタイルや価値観に合った商品を提案します◎お客様にいつも『HIROFU』を愉しんでいただけるよう、スタッフ間のコミュニケーションやチームワークを大切にしていますまっさらなあなたをしっかりと育てていきます。
    また竹ブラシもプラスされています。パッケージは、高級感のある桐箱をご用意しています『コロンブスミニリキッドセット5』は、塗るだけで簡単に靴が磨けるハンディタイプの液体靴クリーム「ナイトリキッド」の特製ミニサイズを中心に、シュークリーナー、ブラシ、クロスを透明なトランク型ケースに収納しました。ミニサイズで軽量ですので、出張の多い男性等に贈ってみてはいかがでしょうか。今まで7を使用していたせいか、ヘッドがかなり大きく感じる。コスト飛距離価格ともに満足。シャフト今までよりやわらかいものにしても、問題なかったピンを初めて手にしてそのコスパに感謝しながら早速行きつけの練習場へ一発打ってウエースドライバーと距離同じしかも弾道高く気持ち良く振り切れて重量ヘッドを走らせるシャフトとの相性が快く感じるクラブと実感。サッカー スパイクこれには、人間の進化もありますが、用具の進化の影響は大きいのですたとえば、ランナーが走るとき、着地は踵からです。裸足で走路に踵から着地すればクッションはあまりありませんから関節を痛めてしまいます。靴のクッション効果があればこそ、全力疾走が可能なのですまた、靴の裏の摩擦力(材質と形状で異なるが人の足の裏よりはるかに高い摩擦係数がある)が蹴る力を無駄なく地面に伝えるし、足の皮膚を保護します。

January 29, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. qkdkqbalfs

私の力不足かもしれませんが、すみません。でも、親切な方は本当にいらっしゃって、そういう出会いは子供にとってプラス以外の何物でもないと信じています確かに「袋に入れて持っていれば」は大変ですでも抱っこしている子どもの靴に袋をかぶせるだけなら簡単です。慣れれば片手でもできますよ。ティエンポ レジェンド※ライナーインソールはチェック柄・ヘリンボーン柄の生地仕立て※素材の特質上、色の濃淡や出方などバラつきがみられる場合がございます。 サイズ選び 大きめです。普段お履きの革靴のワンサイズ下を目安にお選びください※厚手のソックスやタイツと合わせる方、ゆったりめに履きたい方は普段お履きの。細身のシルエットでスタイリッシュにきまる、Liberty houseのブラックのレインブーツ。エナメルのつややかな素材感が、レインブーツとは思えないセンスの良さを感じさせる一足です。スマートなフォルムと5cmの適度な高さのヒールで、天候を気にせずコーディネートをスタイルアップしてくれます。
    激安 サッカースパイク4枚とも湯気で透ける仕組みだなお3月4日に発売される次号ジャンプスクエア4月号では、山本久美子の読み切り「鼠屋敷の夜話」が掲載される。また4月4日発売の5月号から3号連続で新連載がスタート。5月号ではアラカワシン「ボクと魔女の時間」が、6月号ではふるかわしおり「はにめろ」が、7月号では上野祥吾「長谷部さんのいる野球部」が始まる。
    激安 サッカー 用品5年くらい前から女性の間で山歩きが流行っている。これは夏フェスに行く女子が、可愛いアウトドアウェアを買うようになったのが最初。そのウェアを夏フェスでしか使わないのはもったいないと思って、身近な高尾山あたりに登ってみたら「あら、山もけっこう愉しいじゃない」ということで、どんどん好きになっていった人が多い女の子の場合は写真メインの人も多い。量販店(大塚含)にしか行ってなければ絶対にわからないそれなりの輸入ブランドならどのメーカーがいいかは好みの問題ですよ東京なら独自のショールームを持っているフィスバ(青山)、クリエーションバウマン(五反田)カサマンス(新宿)や様々なブランドを扱っている輸入商社?のトミタ(京橋)、マナトレーディング(中目黒)、などもおススメです。あとは一流ブランドを輸入しててもショールームを持たずに専門店へのみ卸している業者もありますから選択肢は様々です。(ショールームがなくても素晴らしい商品は流通していますよ)そして大概壁紙も取り扱っています。ctr360 マエストリ 3 新 色写りはいまいちだが、まあ記念にはなるし自分で楽しむには手頃だ。そういえば苗場山の方は余りよく見ていなかった。谷川の迫力に押されてるのかなあ。

February 4, 2014 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply