May 10th, 2012

Greek Socialist leader gets chance to form government

The leader of the Socialist PASOK party in Greece is starting efforts to build a government, his party said Thursday, making him the third Greek politician since Sunday to make the attempt.

The PASOK party of Evangelos Venizelos came in third in parliamentary elections on Sunday, and his effort to hammer out a workable coalition comes after the heads of the parties that came in first and second admitted defeat.

He will have an uphill battle after voters angry about tough government budget cuts backed parties on the far left and right, punishing PASOK and New Democracy, the more moderate parties that made the cuts.

He has three days to cobble together a deal.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Budget • Economy • European Union • Greece
  1. hamsta

@ chrissy i understood that when you told that to me. i have had a moocher on my couch also. can you believe he was a gay man that i felt sorry for. i gave him a car and a job. 6 months later he quit his job and sold his car. i then moved his belongings under a bridge and told him that is where he can live.as i said before i misjudged you and i apologize. do you want to know why i put his stuff under a bridge? because he was complaining about how i make him work to hard on facebook. he then had the nerve to tell me he was raised to be a housewife. i told him that he had the wrong thing between his legs and he can play housewife under the bridge.

May 10, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. hamsta

@ chrissy if you cant get him out because hes playing the squatter game that leaves you 3 options. 1 move into a hotel temporarily. remove all furniture. cut off all utilities. option 2 wait till he leaves for a few hours. change the door locks and put his stuff on the curb. 3 return game and show him you are a complete psycho who knows where he sleeps. STEP 3 IS VERY AFFECTIVE!

May 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Roflmmfao! @ hamsta, That is absolutely the most hillarious thing you have EVER posted! In my case it will just be easier for me to move. Its gettin to crazy here anyway, and when my l2 yr old grandson got shot in his sleep a block away, i decided 2 go!

May 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. veteran

@hamsta thankyou and yes Iam a veteran.

May 10, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Not sure what word cnn didnt like but ill try again. @ hamsta, since i am a non vio lant person ill take option number l.

May 10, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

@hamsta: step three is •very• effective, I would imagine!
    Also, very, very funny!

May 10, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@chrissy:
    I'll take a road trip if need be....

May 10, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

lmao banasy, im sure you would. Would be less messy if i just move. And no forwarding address. Plus like i said its gettin too crazy around here.

May 10, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Oh heck no, no forwarding addy!
    You don't want the lump to find you!

May 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy and @banasy, road trip out here. "The lump" will never find you. I agree with @hamsta on option # 3, it is cost free and of course can be done non-violently.

May 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. veteran

@ banasy not a whole he ll of a lot around here since last october I just go to work and come back to the house.That is when I have work.Man we had a beautiful winter here with no work,it been a long time that I had to go without work as I did this last winter.Keep trying to be a good husband hopeing cin will forgive me.Therapist told me give her five years and if that dont work give her five more.I read your post awhile back that your hubby cheated on you, about fell off the couch!Oh ya went to tiger game this past sunday we beat the sox.Thought about you and yours.So enough about here still babysitting with a empty house?whats the goins on with you and yours

May 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@veteran:
      No, my husband didn't cheat on me, that was someone who hijacked my name, as chrissy said.
      We both tke our vows to heart; we would never break eacjlh other's hearts.
      I guess you missed the part where it was removed, because CNN doesn't like hijackers.
      I'm sorry that winter was so bad for you financially. May spring and summer be better for you.
      Your Tigers got lucky, lol. Nah, since the exit of Ozzie, they're going to have a restructuring kind of year.
      I don't think they're going to have the greatest year, although I love them anyhow.
      My daughter is traveling with her job, so I have the grandbaby.
      She is a pip! She keeps me going.
      My hubs is still the best man in creation, and he is still one of the most decent humans on the face of the planet.
      And my youngest graduates this year!
      Yay!

May 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

lmao true but its too messy that way dazzle. And veteran that wasnt the real banasy that said that about her hubby, that was a troll.

May 10, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, you can have the Sheriff or police involved, just tell them that you have this thing that wouldn't leave. I had to do it with a dead beat tenant.

May 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Lmao @ dazzle still too messy! Btw dakota came home today and is quite proud of his new scar. Of course lst concern was making sure his new bike from nana chrissy didnt get shot also. Lmao!

May 10, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Hey veteran, what do you think of Mike Ilitch getting rid of Brandon Inge? Dumbest move on the part of the Tigers since getting rid of Granderson IMO.

May 10, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. veteran

@banasy thats why I said I bout fell off the couch good glad that didnt happen.Ya back to the phond ringing of the wall so finances are better.Congrats on youq daughter and Im sure by the time you give the baby back you will have her good and spoiled.Forgot to ask so lee in tulsa passed away? and where is Skel

May 10, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

What a world we live in where 12 year olds get shot while sleeping in their beds, and the most pressing issue on everyone's minds is the non-issue of whether two people who are they same gender get married or not.

As for my two cents worth, freedom from gang retaliation is far more important.

May 10, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |