Judge tosses defamation suit against Syracuse's Boeheim
May 11th, 2012

Judge tosses defamation suit against Syracuse's Boeheim

A New York State Supreme Court justice dismissed Friday a defamation lawsuit against Syracuse University and its longtime head basketball coach, Jim Boeheim.

The suit was filed in December by two former ball boys for the basketball team, who have accused Bernie Fine, a former assistant coach, of repeated sexual abuse when they were children.

Boeheim (pictured) initially supported Fine, a longtime friend and colleague, accusing Mike Lang and his stepbrother, Bobby Davis, of fabricating their accusations of Fine's alleged misconduct. The coach later apologized for his comments.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Basketball • College basketball • Courts • New York • Sports • Syracuse
  1. chrissy

ty again troll philip, not me @ 6:36.

May 11, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. K.K.

WHY can't they get a handle on these stupid namestealers?

May 11, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. bobcat (in a hat) ©

The powers that be just don't care about the name stealers. They would much rather pick on a person who likes to bring a little levity to these boards.

May 11, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat (iah), A big hello to you! Check out the Arpaio thread and see if it makes any sense to you.

May 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ dazzle

I checked out that thread and can make nosense whatsoever of it. The posters are going in all kinds of directions blaming the federal government for the shortcomings of the state officials.
      Is Arpaio keeping these illegal immigrants in inhumane conditions ? I read so many stories about him profiling and they seem to be a true or false exam. Help me out here, what is the truth ?!

May 11, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Wow they deleted my troll. Bout time. Hey bobcat and dazzle. And bobcat, your friends appreciate your jokes, if that makes you feel better.

May 11, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ chrissy

I'm glad to see the real you for a change, and not that stupid troll. I know all my friends appreciate my jokes and that's all that really matters to me.

May 11, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dazzle ©

Hello to the real Chrissy.

May 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. chrissy

not me @ l0:28 or l0:29. Having fun philip?

May 11, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. dazzle ©

I know chrissy and far away from Colorado of course.

May 11, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Mary

chrissy, please stop... Philip has much more on his mind then *trolling* you, as you call it. Trust me.

May 11, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. chrissy

lmao dazzle, my sister is in colorado and may be staying there. Maybe i can sic her on him. Lol he would be over the edge in no time flat!

May 11, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, well someone else lives there, at least I can recommend a restaurant.

May 11, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Sorry Mary, but he has already admitted to trolling . And the way things have been going i dont trust many people here anymore.

May 11, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. chrissy

Also, not very long ago i DID trust you, and even defended you and you know where that got me.

May 11, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. dazzle ©

@bobcat(iah) no you had a jacker on that thread. I called him out on it and they may have deleted his posts. Just having my friends back. No these are mere allegations against Arpaio. I support him.

May 11, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ dazzle

They obviously removed my jackres post. Thanks for having my back.
      On Arpaio, I've heard so many conflicting stories, I didn't know what to believe. I have heard he likes to keep prisoners in tent cities out there. Is that true ? If so I'll definitely behave myself when I come out there.

May 11, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Thank you bobcat, ive been here, i dont think weve been on the same thread tho.

May 11, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ chrissy

I've been a crazy man lately. Just jumping from story to story. There's no telling how many times we've missed each other.
      BTW How's your little man doing ?

May 11, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

Trolling by definition is NOT the taking of anothers' s/n
    That would be *highjacking*
    And I've spent more time on this than I care to.
    Needless to say... your barking up the wrong tree.
    Later ;)

May 11, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. chrissy

well kinda funny he doesnt deny it, but every time it happeny YOU appear. Are the two of you in it together then?

May 11, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply