Open thread: Celebrating Mother's Day
May 13th, 2012

Open thread: Celebrating Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. The National Retail Federation estimates consumers will spend $18.6 billion on Mother's Day this year, about $152.52 for the average person celebrating the holiday. If you forgot to get something special for Mom, don't worry, you can give her the perfect gift without spending a dime.

What are the best and worst Mother's Day gifts you've received (or given)?

Post by:
Filed under: Mother's Day
  1. RUFFNUTT ( beer drinking , turkey hunting , trailer trash from belton missouri )

HAPPY mothers day to all the hot moms out there....

May 13, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • liederess

Thank you!

May 13, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Dana

I love my kids–as much grief as they cause, they are truly the lights of my life and my only true loves. Mother's Day for me is about celebrating how lucky we mothers are to be able to fill this role, especially when so many women want to but can't.

May 13, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tammy

Thanks Dana for acknowleging how blessed you mother's are, and how much people like myself would LOVE to be in your positions. Hope all you mother's have a blessed day!

May 13, 2012 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. hamsta

@chrissy, banasy, dazzle and mary – have a peaceful mother's day.

May 13, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Thanks you so much, hamsta!
      That is very sweet of you!

May 13, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. kramsaycnn

Happy Mother's Day everyone. I am hoping to come home to a clean house after work :)

May 13, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Lori

If you are a horse lover this will make more sense, but my worst/best would have to be a manure spreader. Depending on your point of view could go either way. LOL

May 13, 2012 at 9:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • kramsaycnn

Ha! I'd put that in the worst category.

May 13, 2012 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. ♚Mmmmm♛

happy mother's day to everyone even to the guys...it is a very generous holiday...

May 13, 2012 at 9:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. RUFFNUTT ( beer drinking , turkey hunting , trailer trash from belton missouri )

tip for the guys,, let the wife be in charge of the remote tonight or turn it to lifetime... act interested in the movie... rub and massage the feet..

May 13, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Stephanie

Gave my Mom a hampster which I named Judge, after my favorite Uncle Jim, a judge in Alabama. Not sure either were overly impressed!!! lol

May 13, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. pattysue77

My dear sweet son was a Marine stationed in Iraq and a Lance Corporal, so he didn't have much money. He knows how much Mother's Day means to me and he sent me the nicest diamond earrings he could afford. I was moved to tears. I put them in six years ago and have only taken them out twice, for surgery. They are an everyday reminder of what a wonderful son I have.

May 13, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. ♚Mmmmm♛

lemon orange pancake and honey for everybody...and don't forget the sunday mimosas...yeah baaaabey!

May 13, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Did the right thing

A piece of advice: be good to your mothers while you can; send them flowers, call them regularly, tell them often that you love them and appreciate all they've done for you. Once they're gone, it's too late. I'm so glad I was good to my mom. I sent her flowers on Mother's day every year since I was 18 until she died when I was 32. I lost her when she was only 52, but I had NO REGRETS and had peace after she was gone because I did the right thing while she was alive.

May 13, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Candy

To Did the right thing--All I heard in your comments were I, I, I, I,--– Sounds like it's all about you. I thought maybe since it's Mother's Day it might be something nice about here. Guess I was mistaken

May 13, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ♚Mmmmm♛

you mean happy grandMOTHER'S day...lol

May 13, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. dazzle ©

Faux Tori, that is not a nice thing to do nor would the real one post this in a public forum.

May 13, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. ♚Mmmmm♛

hey A-55! only a ton of thorns in people's behind would say something like that...coolit

May 13, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. ♚Mmmmm♛

lol...dang trolls...do y'all have mothers? or do y'all hatched abandon from eggs?...happy mother's day tooyah too!

May 13, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse | Reply