May 16th, 2012

Wife of former Syracuse coach accused of molesting ball boys to speak

Laurie Fine, the wife of a former Syracuse University assistant basketball coach accused of molesting ball boys, will break her months-long silence Wednesday to address what she calls false accusations in the case, her lawyers say.

"ESPN published worldwide defamatory statements about Laurie Fine," said one of her attorneys, Lawrence Fisher. "They have essentially ruined her life, destroyed her reputation in the Syracuse community that she loved and served for so many years."

Bernie Fine was fired from Syracuse in November after several ball boys came forward and said the basketball coach molested them.

Bernie Fine, who has not been charged with a crime, has maintained his innocence, saying shortly after the allegations surfaced that they were "patently false in every aspect."

Former Syracuse ball boys Bobby Davis and his stepbrother, Mike Lang, were the first to step forward publicly last year with allegations against Fine.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Justice • Sports
  1. Scottish Mama

@philip it is only Gods word if he wrote it, and he did not.

May 16, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. Scottish Mama

The only reason it stays the same is because it is a book.

May 16, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Philip:
    Since we are now down to semantics, you didn't say anything about Jesus in your first post, either; you said God.
    I feel my post, to JIF, was self-explanatory.
    But since I have to spell it out, I will: every human alive should have their minds open to different scenarios and different paths of thought....unless they are those that are locked firmly in beliefs that other are under no obligation to share.
    I suspect that Mr. Obama has an open mind.
    I suspect you think otherwise.
    All well and good.
    I embrace diversity.

May 16, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Scottish Mama

And popes have change the meaning and accepted and changed many things in the book (bible). It has evolved.
    Philip – your belief is your belief and as I have said if it heals you or gives you hope or others hope than it is good. But it is not written by God.

May 16, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. blessedgeek

1. Wife of former Syracuse coach accused of molesting ball boys to speak

2. Wife (of former Syracuse coach) accused of molesting ball boys to speak

3. Wife (of former Syracuse coach accused of molesting ball boys) to speak

4. Wife (of former Syracuse coach) accused of molesting (ball boys to speak)

May 16, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. @ ALL

I I find it interesting that only one stands here in defense of God. While all others seem to have their narrow *minds* (Gods' word) set on the opposition of aforementioned.

May 16, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

@All- "I find it interesting" – Boasting? And if God is real, you should be happy you have a place in heaven over overyone else? You still have not conceded that the bible was written by man. Because it was? Show me one line that was written by the hand of God.

May 16, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Trickster

Every voice has the right to be heard. Believers and non-believers have tge same rights. None of which has jacj to do with the guy who hasn't even been charged fir a crime yet, nasty as the accusation may be. Rise.

May 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

Why are you ladies asking me? Ask the man you vote for at the next town hall meeting.
    (suggested questions)
    Mr. President Obama, that bible you swore on, what does it say concerning hom os exual activities and gay marriage?
    Mr. Congressman. That God you pray to befeore each and every session...tell us where you found-out about him pls.

Mr. Romney. Mormons teach that the 12 tribes if Israel will rebuild Solomon's Temple here in North America, and Jesus christ will be King of the world rather than the current god of this system, Satan. Care to laugh at that with US?
    Oh, and are American citizens subject to hell, and if so, for what reason(s).

May 16, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

That would be Newt Gingrich

May 16, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Trickster

If I want to know about what is happening in my town, I will not ask a theologian. What you want is a conversation about things many people don't believe in, like it or not. I believe I won't play your game any longer.

May 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

@Scottish Mama...nowhere in the bible will you find writers claiming God wrote it.
    "All scripture is INSPIRED by God and beneficial for reproving and setting matters straight" is how one bible writer describes it.
    The bible was written by imperfect humans who admit they aren't perfect...like David admitting he was a murderer or the Apostle Paul admitting he murdered more Christians than anyone when he was a Jewish leader prior to being converted to christianity.
    The honesty of these bible writers really stands-out from, say, writers of American History books or po r nography books. Like, Paul would have NEVER denied being with Monica Lewinsky. He would have openly admitted it, and humbly asked us to forgive him.

May 16, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

An imperfect book written by imperfect humans. So I guess if we treat people with respect and love we have an edge? Live our lives with love and we cannot lose. TY Philip, your honesty is appreciated. I am honest with you. I hope your life is well and getting better because you wish it for yourself, you deserve to be happy. (When you are not giving people sheeeet) Agnostic Scottish.
      P.S. Maybe writing about truth in history is your calling? Book selling and truth in government is a new mission?

May 16, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Scottish Mama

I think you are referring to Christie?

May 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

No, the guy that was even fatter than Gingrich...even more obese than Rush Limbaugh, if possible. Doug Chrusty or something like that.

May 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

:) Scottish Mama...One scripture kind of holds the key: "Hate what is bad"...not what is bad in my eyes, rather, what is bad in God's eyes. Like, God doesn't hate hypocrites nor does he hate gays. He hates hypocricy and ho mos exuality...according to the bible anyway. God even hates racism, and is why Jesus exposed the Jewish Religion as corrupt. Natural born Jews aren't God's chosen people, all of God's friends are. God is Holy, meaning clean and seperate from false gods people worship. He expects his friends to be clean and seperate from from people practicing what is bad. Anyway, ask the man you vote for about his God maybe?
    (how can anyone even vote for a believer if they themselves think believers are stupid for believing in God...that the notion of God is based on nothing?)

May 16, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

Me? I fall under the same curse from God all men do: "With the sweat of your brow all of your days will be filled with toil. Rather from eating the produce of my Garden of eden, you shall work the fields and slave all of your days" -Genisis account in my words. Women? The only curse God gave them was "Rather than a pleasant and enjoyable delivery of your baby, with birth PANGS you will be in pain." (again, paraphrased by me) Women who choose to work would be like volunteering for God's curse on men.
    It is people trying to avoid God's curse that has lead to much of our financial difficulties. See?
    Me? I live the live of an alien resident now. I can get-by on 500 bucks a week...what I used to make in a day 10 years ago in the oilpatches of the world. My future isn't a 401K plan nor a stock portfolio anymore. I am patiently awaiting the day God's son sets matters straight on this earth by bringing to ruin those ruining this earth, not long after organized religions are abolished by governments. Can hardly wait

May 16, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

And if he never comes? You have lived the life you chose to live. The life everyone must choose to their own abilities.
      Because we all are imperfect.

May 16, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • A Compound

in Montana is calling.....lol......

May 16, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |