Donna Summer dies at age 63
May 17th, 2012

Donna Summer dies at age 63

Seventies disco queen Donna Summer has died at age 63, her publicist said Thursday.

Summer rose to pop music fame starting in 1975 with "Love to Love You Baby." She went on to record other songs that proved popular on the dance scene, including "Bad Girls" and "She Works Hard for the Money."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Music
  1. ann west

😃 loved her! RIP

May 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Chris

Sad that she lost her battle with cancer, but she's in a better place now. For those who wish to remember her, listen to her 1976 hit she did with disco godfather Giorgio Moredoer called "I Feel Love"... unlike Whitney, Donna could sing!

Godspeed Donna!

May 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Charles

RIP. You brought beautiful music to my ears.

May 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Freddy

I feel love was a classic song I loved to hear a lot. I hope she rests in peace!

May 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Patrick

How many times will we hear "Last Dance" today?

May 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. DJ Reality

Put away the mirrored disco ball and dim the dance floor lights a shining star has gone out. Rest in peace Donna Summers you will defiantly be missed. There will be no dancing tonight.

May 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. djmadgypsy

i am truly heart brookin she will live on in her music

May 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Deborah

I'm so glad I got to see her (2011) at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, she was excellent. Sorry to hear of her passing.

May 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Patrick

Truly a sad day in music.....she influenced so many artists.....and one of the few who wrote what she sang.....you will be missed!

May 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. LaFemeT

From what I have heard she had cancer and wanted to keep it under wraps. She was recording an album and was working right until the end.
    She will be greatly missed.

May 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. wisdom4u2

I know one thing for sure, she is in Heaven with her Lord and Savior now, and that I just loved dancing to her music back in the day. She was so beautiful, and seem to have a lovely personality.
    My condolences to her family and friends.
    R.I.P. Lovely Lady, Donna

May 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ibitz

A good Christian lady she was. RIP. †.

May 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MR. AIRBORNE.

WE LOVE YOU DONNA R. I . P . QUEEN FOREVER.

May 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. mm

I guess it didn't teach you any class since you posted your inappropriate comment on the story about the death of Donna Summer.

R.I.P. Donna and thanks for the memories!

May 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. juan

may you R.I.P. miss diva, you will not be forgoten...you were awesome....mua

May 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. terence

A class act and true talent.Heaven knows,Donna.

May 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply