Donna Summer dies at age 63
May 17th, 2012

Donna Summer dies at age 63

Seventies disco queen Donna Summer has died at age 63, her publicist said Thursday.

Summer rose to pop music fame starting in 1975 with "Love to Love You Baby." She went on to record other songs that proved popular on the dance scene, including "Bad Girls" and "She Works Hard for the Money."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Music
  1. Kitty Hawk

I danced in ur shadow thru my late bro John M Mwongo d i passed u on 2 my kids. Mum also died of ovarian cancer. May ur summers shine in paradise sister. Pole 4m a tiny dot in Meru, Kenya.

May 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. gatecrasher1

If Obama had a sister, she would look like Donna Summer.

May 17, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. djmadgypsy

bring out the red ropes and the doorman heaven will be rockin tonight

May 17, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Stephen in VA

I see how it is. Did the Navy teach you to pay tribute to great public figures by trolling their site, or was it membership in some cult?

May 17, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. felicia gossett

What a sad day for pop music. Well she will live on in us that listen to her music. What a great icon.

May 17, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. just me

Yes, she was the Beyonce of my time
    but what she did to the gay world who build her up
    will not make her be missed today.

May 17, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Athenos Greek Yogurt

I like the helpful information you provide for your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again right here frequently. I'm fairly certain I will learn lots of new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!

August 8, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply