Celebs tweet grief over Robin Gibb
Singer Robin Gibb died Sunday after a long battle with cancer and other ailments. He was 62.
May 20th, 2012

Celebs tweet grief over Robin Gibb

Celebrities tweeted their grief Sunday night over the death of Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb at 62. Here is a sampling.

Cycling champion and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong: ‏
RIP Robin Gibb. Continues to sadden me to see cancer take our loved ones. Gotta put a stop to it.

Singer and reality show star Peter Andre:
I am so absolutely gutted about Robin Gibb passing away . One of the true musical legends whom I was honored to be friends with . RIP:(

"Extra" host Mario Lopez: ‏
R.I.P Robin Gibb..Big Bee Gees fan! Wrote so many great songs too..Our Disco stars are off to perform in the big club upstairs! #NightFever

Talk-show host Carson Daly:
Sad to hear about Robin Gibb. Cancer is robbing us of our loved ones way to often. We gotta beat this thing. http://www.Breakawayfromcancer.com

Singer Bruno Mars: ‏
R.I.P Robin Gibb

Reality TV figure Kris Jenner:
Rest In Peace Robin Gibb...you brought us so much joy what an amazing talent!!

Irish band The Script:
R.I.P. Robin Gibb. We met Robin+Barry in NY. Such a lovely guy. Prayers 2 his family. 2 many Legends being taken from us 2 early :( G

Rocker Bryan Adams:
Robin Gibb RIP. Very sad to hear about yet another great singer dying too young.

R&B songwriter Claude Kelly:
RIP Robin Gibb. The Bee Gees were/are the gold standard when it comes to pop/r&b melody, harmony and vocal arrangement. Massive loss.

Madonna:
Another huge loss for the Disco Music...RIP Robin Gibb.

Singer Jude Rawlins of Subterraneans:
I'm actually in tears that we have lost Robin Gibb. Always my favourite Bee Gee. He wrote "To Love Somebody". That takes a real man.

Actress Samantha Ferris:
Awww. Robin Gibb is gone at 62. First Donna Summer now a Bee Gee. Did disco do something wrong? Good bye to my teens. You served me well...

Director/choreographer Adam Shankman:

RIP #robingibb!!! First Donna, now u. u gave me my first saturday night fever, & it never came down. U 2 r in that great disco in the sky

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Music • Showbiz
  1. JGGott

People who refer to the Bee Gees simply as "disco acts" really don't know much about the history of music.
    The Bee Gees were around successfully already in the mid to late 1960's. ONE DECADE BEFORE Disco music.
    DO SOME RESEARCH!

May 21, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • i hate everything

That's what they're best known for, Corky. They've been "around" since they were born! Relax, jeez! Whi the hell cares about doing research on the BeeGees, anyway? Do some reseach on your anger issues!

May 21, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • bladester

Everyone is fully aware of all those facts but lets be honest, it was the disco era that made the Bee Gees a world act and a phenom around the world, it wasn't their earlier work. Even though their earlier work was quite good, they did not explode into stardom until the disco era, so naturally, that is what most people remember about them.

May 21, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Cathy

I agree totally. A multi talented, respected, band for decades!

May 21, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Raoul

A truly talented guy

May 21, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Leigh2

Some very poignant songs Robin helped to compose and then sing with his brothers. So very sad today at his own passing. May he only know happiness and joy where he is now. We love you, Robin.

May 21, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Tom

The Bee Gees were around a long time and their music will live on as long as music exists. I had always held out hope for some type of Bee Gees revival after Maurice died, but the hope of that ended with Robins passing. I had to good fortune to see the in concert back in the 70s. Not exactly the height of their career at that point, but it was still a great experience. They believed in harmony. So many singers today do not harmonize because it is not an easy thing to do, but the Bee Gees were masters of it. Unfortunately today's singers are lazy. So much of the music we hear today is industrial garbage.

Next time you hear Dolly and Kenny singing 'Islands In The Stream', remember where that song came from.

May 21, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. faye62

So sad to hear the death of another one of BeeGees....I'll never forgot the discos playing "You Should Be Dancing"...My earlier years are disappearing everyday before my eyes....It's so sad to say goodbye to those carefree, fun, high school days.. RIP Robin...Andy...Maurice...My heart felt condolences to Barry and the rest of his family and his many friends...XOXOXO

May 21, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. lisaandmax

completely DISAGREE with the statement they were known for disco music only. That is incorrect on so many levels as they also wrote many ballads that OTHER people sang as pointed out earlier. Not to mention brother Andy what a hottie and great performer! They all were amazing songwriters and singers. The 70s Disco music was great but I prefer many of their non "disco" songs.

May 21, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. OckaMarlo

Vale: Robin Gibb. A voice so angelic; tuneful; soulful.
    The many inaccuracies printed/posted regarding which song(s) he wrote or sang lead on irritate but are not relevant in this time of great loss and sadness.
    His voice was as pure as his soul. He will be missed but his talent will endure.

May 22, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Moarie

He was co-writer on To Love Somebody. It's bad enough that Robin had to die to get any props as a singer (by the likes of Daltrey, Brian May, aside from "associates" like John Merchant & David English), unlike Barry whose visibility also garnered praise easily.

July 23, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. helenatkinson

Robin was a legend a good singer with the BEE GEES & Robi as made so many hits through the 60s 70s 80s 90s 00s Robin will be sadly missed.

May 22, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Sibongiseni N Ndhlovu

My heart is in pain. RIP Robin. Love the Bee Gees. Wil always remember u especially wth ur unique great voice.

May 23, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Jeanette

Always my favorite group, and I was lucky enough to meet them 20 years ago. The picture I took of them hangs in my house and is one of my most prized possessions. Nice guys and tons of talent. There will never be another group like them. It is so sad to lose Maurice and Robin so young, but their music will live on forever.

May 24, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. robert

people only remembers beegees as a disco act, we should also know that they wrote songs for other artists, songs we listen but we didn't realized it was the brothers gibb who wrote it, it is so sadden that people under estimated them and laugh at them, their music are purely genius compare to music we have now with full of dubbings...shame on you so called artist...

June 25, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. agony

it's been months since robin died, but i still kept on downloading songs of him or the brothers gibb, songs were actually never heard or never aired or played and when you listened to it would realize how good they really were, the melodies, the harmonies the arrangements of the songs it was like they were telling a story but in a form of singing, when i listened to the " music " of today, especially from groups, nothing compares to the real voices of the brothers gibb.

August 7, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse | Reply