Judge denies request to delay Sandusky trial
May 21st, 2012

Judge denies request to delay Sandusky trial

A judge Monday denied a request to postpone Jerry Sandusky's trial on allegations of sexually assaulting young victims over 14 years.

The trial of the former Penn State assistant football coach is scheduled to begin on June 5.

Sandusky's lawyer, Joe Amendola, filed a motion earlier this month asking for the trial to be delayed.

Judge John Cleland denied the motion in a brief written ruling Monday.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Football • Jerry Sandusky • Penn State • Pennsylvania
  1. Scottish Mama

Good let's get going on this trial. It seems they have asked for a delay many times.

May 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

I agree, Mama.
      The defense has asked for too many delays.
      Let's get this trial going and get this (expletive here) permanently off the streets.

May 21, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

I seconded that Mama! How have u been?

May 21, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Missy

The criminal justice system is much like a game of chess in that both players are setting up their pieces to play (everything that happens before the actual trial)
    Many people were involved and for one, the man who claims to have seen Sandusky having his way in a locker room.
    IIf I were one of the victims, I would tell my lawyer to take as much time as he is allowed in order to nail this guy.

May 21, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Portland tony

If I were that victim I'd much rather win a big civil judgment against everyone responsible for allowing this to happen!

May 21, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Missy

@ Portland tony, Although I understand what you're saying, I would think most victims are in it for justice rather than the money.

May 21, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • mickey1313

In America, money is justice

May 22, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. s kel

I agree no more delays.Hello all my friends im back!

May 21, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Name*OD

Needs to get it done and over with

May 21, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Greek American

Tony, I think they can still do that after the trial if this guy is let off, a la OJ Simpson trial style.

May 21, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. banasy©

S Kel, my dear!
    Hello!
    I hope you're here for a while!
    I've missed you!