May 28th, 2012

Monday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

11:00 am ET - Tomb of the Unknowns wreath-laying ceremony - On this Memorial Day, President Obama will participate in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery.  The president will then speak at a Memorial Day ceremony at the cemetery around 11:20 am ET.

1:00 pm ET - Romney in San Diego - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney joins Sen. John McCain at a Memorial Day tribute in San Diego.

1:50 pm ET - Vietnam War anniversary ceremony - President Obama and others mark the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Military • On CNN.com today • Veterans
  1. saywhat

" Where have all the flowers gone"
    Does anyone remember that song from the 60's?
    Somehow the strains haunt me on this Memorial Day weekend. They also remind me of the Vietnam war era, how vibrant this nation stood then against a senseless war. It also somehow gets one to think of the lessons we should learn from history but don't.
    Good morning all.

May 28, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@saywhat, thank you for posting that especially today. Vietnam was a senseless war and so many dead and lost for what. I will find that song as I think of my MIA brother who would have been 63 today.

May 28, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. A Dose Of Stupid

Dang ! talk about the worst possible moment to reveal something. Thanks that one bobcat. 😉

May 28, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. dazzle ©

@©bobcat (in a hat)©, thank you for that sir. I will look for your comment. Again, you are on a roll and starting the day off with a laugh. Happy Anniversary to you and your wife! Are you going to get that kitty today?

May 28, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

@ dazzle
    My thoughts are with you in remembering your brave brother, may his memory always lift your spirits and lessen the grief-Amen.
    @bobcat
    Well said. Your sentiments I'm sure are shared by all of us.
    Have a good one all.

May 28, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. dazzle ©

Thank you so much everyone for your kindness. It is all good. Could this joke from our @©bobcat (in a hat)© be the work of a troll.? It's dreadful, lol and what is HS&G? If it is really you this is the second time you've stumped me in a few days.

May 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I see the deletion patrol is out en force today.

dazzle©, keep your brother close to your heart.
    He is with you. Always.

Happy Anniversary to Mr. And Mrs. Rawr.

Remember this, folks:

War does not determine who is right – only who is left.

I shall be thinking of those who are left; I shall remember those who never came home.
    Bless them all.

May 28, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Happy Memorial Day to all my blogging buddies. And a special thanks to the veterans! So sorry @ dazzle about your brother, i lost my first love in the vietnam war, i can only imagine the pain to having a loved one MIA. And @ CNN, shame on you for deleting

May 28, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, sorry about the loss of your first love in Viet Nam. The deletions are ridiculous and tiresome when they are taken down for no reason. My comment at 1:02 makes it look like I am having a conversion with myself.

May 28, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

bobcats jokes! They bring joy and laughter to most of us. And today many of us could use a good laugh!

May 28, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

I know dazzle, makes you question the process doesnt it? I mean they leave some really rotten posts up for days.

May 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, it really does make a person wonder what the deal is. They even took down all of bobcats responses as well as his jokes. I just had some astounding news about my brother Paul but I am not going to put it on the blog! Let's just say this 50 year old girl who was just a squirt when she last saw him is elated!!! Prayers and good thoughts have been answered and I am going to be on a plane to Boston tomorrow. This is one plane trip I won't complain about..

May 28, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Another thing that i find very irritating and rather stupid, is when you are being trolled and you post a *not me at such and such time* and they delete your disclaimer YET leave the post of the troll! Hth does THAT work?

May 28, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ©bobcat (in a hat)©

Yes, unfortunately that was my terrible joke, which I see they mercifully deleted. The HS&G is, Head Slap and Groan.

I also see they have deleted every one of my comments. CNN, all my comments, except for the jokes of course, were on topic and heartfelt messages for my friends here. I hope in return, that one day the favor will be returned to you.
    I really don't understand your reasoning for this.

But to all my friends here, my heart goes out to each and every one of you who has experiencde a loss.

May 28, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@©bobcat (in a hat)©, You are back, thank God. Head Slap &Groan, lol. you got me again. I know you are a very bright man, read between the lines on my last post at 5:19.

May 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. @©bobcat (in a hat)©,

@dazzle ©

I am truly excited for you. I hope this is everything you are hoping for. You be safe on your flight. I'll try to post a funny for you in the morning.

May 28, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@©bobcat (in a hat)©, I knew you would be able to figure it out. Now I can repay the favor back 1000 fold. It will be a private plane that has been arranged for me and Tori too but I will look forward to the funny!!

May 28, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

OMG @ dazzle, i am absolutely thrilled for you!!! And for all my aggravation with CNN, i must always remember good things do come from this blog site!! 🙂

May 28, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, I know it does. This situation is *hands off* to the media.

May 28, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

My darling Daz,
    OMG!!!
    I couldn't be any happier than if....well, you know.
    That's all.
    Love,
    Donna

May 28, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@banasy ©, I know and thank you. This could be TORI's debut story if Paul permits. She was already being a journalist with him asking him on our SKYPE session why he speaks with a British accent. TORI is just over the moon about this and thought it was fun to push mom in the pool in front of our guests. At least I had shorts and a bathing suit top on. So after drying off, I was left with a soaking wet head of hair that is now just in a pony tail. Who cares about silly stuff like that on a day like this. Off to finish up the salads and veggies. We will be eating late but my friends have pitched in.

May 28, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sophia

hello and forgive my poor english- am i allowed to post in my nativve language of Italia. would anyone understand me on this. greetings frm Roma

May 28, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |