May 29th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - Florida real estate developer trial - After a four-day recess, testimony resumes in the trial of Adam Kaufman, who's charged with second degree murder in the death of his wife.

1:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The Syria crisis and the economy will likely top Press Secretary Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

3:25 pm ET - Presidential Medal of Freedom ceremony - President Obama bestows the Presidential Medal of Freedom, America's highest civilian honor, to 13 people at a White House ceremony.

6:35 pm ET - Trump campaigns with Romney - Donald Trump is talking politics again.  This time, the entrepreneur appears with GOP candidate Mitt Romney at a campaign event in Las Vegas.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Elections • Justice • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. ♚Mmmmm♛

(sigh) really suffering from voters' dillemma...very disappointed in drone daddy broken moral compass and extreme capitalist romney is an economic a55 whole...get ready for the rollercoaster ride america!

May 29, 2012 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. G. Zeus™

I was so disappointed at what the White House listed as Obama's re-election agenda I almost pulled my hair out.
    Who is in charge of his campaign and why doesn't any of it appear to be rational?

May 29, 2012 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. dazzle ©

Leaving now to fly out of Luke AFB to Logan and to celebrate many birthdays and Christmases. God is good.

May 29, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • @©bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ dazzle ©

I would just like to reiterate how totally happy I am for you. I've posted a couple jokes, but wether they let them stay or not, who knows, CNN or someone seems to have it in for me and won't even leave my on topic comments. Jealousy ?
      It does make one wonder.

May 29, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • @©bobcat (in a hat)©,

@dazzle ©

I'm beginning to get the distinct feeling someone does't want me communicating with you, because every time I address you directly, my comment gets deleted.
      As a matter of fact, this happening when addressing most of my friens here. What's up with this ?

May 29, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @©bobcat (in a hat)©,

A Catholic teenager goes to confession, and after confessing to an affair with a girl is told by the priest that he can't be forgiven unless he reveals who the girl is. "I promised not to tell!" he says. "Was it Mary Patricia, the butcher's daughter?" the preist asks. "No, and I said I wouldn't tell." "Was it Mary Elizabeth, the printer's daughter?" "No, and I still won't tell!" 'Was it Mary Francis, the baker's daughter?" "No," says the boy. 'Well, son," says the priest, "I have no choice but to excommunicate you for six months." Outside, the boy's friends ask what happened. "Well," he says, "I got six months, but three good leads."

May 29, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. @©bobcat (in a hat)©,

A blonde goes to the local restaurant, buys a small drink for herself, and sits down to drink it. She notices a peel-off prize sticker on the side of her cup while she is drinking. After pulling off the tab, she begins screaming, "I won a motor home! I won a motor home!"

The waitress runs over and argues, "That's impossible. The biggest prize given away was a stero system!"

The blonde replies, "No. I won a motor home!"

By this time, the manager makes his way over to the table, and he too argues, "You couldn't possibly have won a motor home because we didn't have that as one of our prizes."

Again the blonde says, "There is no mistake! I won a motor home!"

The blonde hands the prize ticket to the manager and he reads, "WIN A BAGEL."

May 29, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ray Magee

This Dr. Just proved Adam Kaufman is not guilty. The govenment set him up. They all should be charged with a crime and Adam Kaufman should go after the government for his disgrace.

May 29, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ray Magee

This Dr. Helped the defense so much if anybody has any doubt it should be gone. He sounds like he is upset at the government for making a bad call on a medical call. He knows his field.

May 29, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenny

Totally agree. This poor guy is innocent and that prosecutor helped the defense!

May 29, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

@ Ray, what dr are you talking about?? and @ bobcat love your jokes lmao!

May 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dazzle ©

Hello to my blogging friends from an undisclosed location. I just hope this isn't a dream that I will wake up from. @bobcat a "Win a Bagel" sounds like a fun thing to have. LOL

May 29, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ dazzle

It's a dream come true for you. That is the only dream . I am so happy for you.

May 29, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat(iah) it really is and I thank you for your loving support and discretion. How's the new kitty doing? I do as you guys are doing and wait awhile before finding the right name.

May 29, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

A very sleepy lol to you at 8:33.

May 29, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

lol @ dazzle, i only speak english but even i got the gist of that post! And yea the lurker is posting under razzle and DORI lol. Not much imagination there huh? Im so glad this all worked out for you and TORI! Give her a hug from me, and have fun girl!

May 29, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dazzle ©

@chrissy, they will probably pull that too. I haven't seen razzle yet. LOL I will give her a hug when I can unglue her from him. Now she thinks she has a new dad. That child!!!

May 29, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

lmao well ya know how girls are! So its going good, im so glad.

May 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dazzle ©

@chrissy, it is SO good thanks. There are 50 of us here and all are in bed except for the insomniac. This child and her dad, the drama never ends. We should be back home on Thurs.

May 29, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |