May 30th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

12:00 pm ET - John King live chat - CNN's John King returns to CNN.com Live to talk all things politics!  Send your questions to John via Twitter @JohnKing CNN and he may answer your query today.

1:00 pm ET - NASA NuSTAR launch briefing - The shuttle program may be no more, but that doesn't mean NASA has stopped wanting to learn about space.  NASA officials will discuss the upcoming launch of a telescope array that will hunt for black holes.

2:00 pm ET - White House briefing - The Syria crisis and spending will likely top Press Secretary Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

5:00 pm ET - Obama hosts Jewish American Heritage reception - President Obama will make remarks at an event commemorating Jewish American Heritage Month at the White House.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. @John King

US presidents pardon each other for crimes committed while in office. Would this be fair for Africa?

May 30, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. @NASA

Decades ago, you (NASA) promised Congress and the American people that if we financed your Space Shuttle Program, you would find ways for US to get cargo into outter space cheaply, and so wouldn't need to burden our private corporations with this task. Well, can you at least say you are sorry for failing.

May 30, 2012 at 8:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. rush dumbaugh

Look, these liberals don't understand how good things will get now that my candidate has clinched.
    The billionaire paid for tv adds will be more slickely produced.
    And finally, my candidate will be able to unleash the full range of his deceptive skills of pulling the wool over the electorates eyes while serving as a shill for the smug bankers and robber barons.

May 30, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. saywhat

Good morning folks.
    I am still reeling from an act of this administration which is both surprising,ludicrous and a slap on concept of "Right".
    Awarding Madeliene Albright the Medal of Freedom.
    This woman along with others accused of crimes against humanity should be in the dock.
    One of the most vociferous and obstinate advocate and defender of that greatest blunder in our history-Iraq invasion.

Her state of mind & nature can be assessed when after 6 yrs into the war she was asked as our ambassador to UN about the deaths of 500'000 Iraqi children from starvation and lack of medical help due to the embargo on Iraq on her watch. She replied to everyone's horror" It is worth the price".
    Bombings of the Balkans and massacre in Serbrenica occured on her watch.
    She gets the Medal of Freedom.
    Shame,shame.

May 30, 2012 at 9:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. dazzle ©

@saywhat, I will never forget that quote from Ms.Albreight. That was probably one of the last times I watched television news and I was such a fan of 60 Minutes. Good Morning to you too!

May 30, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©,

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other man pulls out his cell phone and calls emergency services. He gasps to the operator, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator in a calm, soothing voice replies, "Take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard.

Back on the phone, the hunter says, "OK, now what?"

May 30, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. @saywhat

True about Mad. Albright. The ugliness of this woman even shows on her surface.

May 30, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. saywhat

Thanks @ dazzle.And to you too @ @saywhat.

@bobcat
    lifting me up from my dark mood, as always. Bless you.

May 30, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ saywhat

I'm glad I was able to lift that veil of darkness. We all go to that place from time to time. I guess that's I've reverted to my jokes. It's just not me to be serious all the time.

May 30, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Pardon them

Dark mood? You? @saywhat? Huh. Yer human after all. :) Just kidding. I've been in kind of a funk myself. (shrug) We could probly Noam Chomsky our way out. :) And really. You pegged mad albright.

May 30, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Pardon them

Bobcats joke reminds me of this joke I heard before. And another joke I heard before. And another. :)@bobcat

May 30, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. saywhat

@ Pardon them
    Is that you@ Philip?
    Missing your biting & much needed comments on these blogs. Welcome back.

May 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

@saywhat, now you have me laughing.I hope its not him.

May 30, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

lmao @ dazzle, i was thinking that very same thing.

May 30, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply