June 4th, 2012

8 killed in rampage at Mexico rehab center

Gunmen entered a rehabilitation center in central Mexico and fired on patients, a blog on the Mexican drug war reported.

The attack Sunday night left eight people dead and eight others injured, police in the city of Torreon said via Twitter.

Family members gathered outside the center as bodies were being removed, according to El Blog del Narco, a blog that publishes information about the Mexican drug war.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Mexico • World
  1. @Mary

Get a clue. The Apostle Paul banned women from teaching in church, not in public.
    It was gossipy old hag church ladies that were standing-up in church giving young Timothy (whom Paul had left in charge as he was travelling) fits spouting their erroneous views who were bannished. And when they refused to stop, Paul, upon his return, banned all women from EVER standing-up and teaching in church ever again.

June 4, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I've made some pretty serious mistakes when "standing-up and teaching" and they have cost me dearly.
      Besides, it's a very serious matter, teaching someone about God... scares the curlers outta my hair to have that much Responsibility.
      Have a wonderful night all
      God speed !!!!!!!!!!!!

June 4, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • LMAO

So a MAN forbid women to preach? That's a very Catholic way of looking at it!! Good thing MEN don't get to ban ANYTHING concerning women in the good ole U S of A! LMAO! What a load of HOGWASH!!!!

June 4, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

I didn't mean to imply to anybody here that I wanted to study the Bible with any man or any woman.
    When I wrote "go with" to Mary regarding thinking concerning religion and the application of religious thinking and models, I meant "agree," not "proceed in my studies."

June 4, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

@ Joey, No worries, I'm not trying to 'snag' you into a Bible study. 😉 lol

Yet, this sentence in your reply "modern Episcopal Church school of theology that takes the Bible seriously but not literally" got me thinking about the phrase ... "tickling ones ears"
    The modern church to me means , one than does just that (telling people what they want to hear) or what is in line of ones own views on God, the Bible and the various off shoots of the christian religion.
    Would you agree that the many off-shoots of the christian religion are "tickling peoples ears" telling its' ok to live together before marriage, for example.

June 4, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

@ Joey,
    Afterthought: Besides you'd be a purty BIG fish to reel-in! LOL 🙂
    Kicking and screaming all the way? ha ha

June 4, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Thou shall NOT murder

Yes, Joey. The biblical command to not murder (take the life of a fellow human being with malice aforethought, aka 'premptiveness') is to be taken literally.
    Some have tried to twist God's words to say "thou shall not kill", but simply reading beyond the ten commandments you will find instances where God commands his followers to kill in the name of true justice. Take-note that in no instance does God command his followers to kill for God&Country.
    Most all worldwide organized religions teach that one should willingly offer themselves up for God&Country no-matter what country you live in. Just onee more reason why, in order for there to be peace, organized religions must be bannished from this planet.

June 4, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Many of the best sermons I ever heard came from women.
    @ Thou shalt NOT murder:
    I decide for myself what "is to be taken literally" by me.

June 4, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

Hey JIF.........lol, thats all just wanted to say hello to my friend.

June 4, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. and so...

...do you take God's command not to murder literally or not, Joey. (murder def. 'the taking of human life with malice aforethought', aka preemptive)
    Like, murdering someone before they are convicted, or even charged. Surely you, Joey, would not approve of such a thing?

June 4, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ Mary:
    I replied to you concerning my beliefs, but "The CNN Wire" removed it either because of length or The CNN Wire's disagreement with me.
    This is not the forum for a serious discussion.

June 4, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dazzle ©

CNN saw fit to delete my prior comment in Spanish so I will go with my native tongue. Rest in peace to the victims and may your souls be tortured no more.

June 4, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

@ Joey,
    Boy did you "hit the nail on the head", "This is not the forum for a serious discussion". This place is a joke when trying to speak of matters in a serious manner.
    Seems like when one try's to start a said serious conversation some one comes along and barging right in.
    Okie Dokie, Maybe another time perhaps. GN Joey

June 4, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Good night, Mary.

June 4, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mercy

Pardon me. I had no idea that these blogs were private, and only you and whoever you talk to can post. Oh, wait, they're not.

June 4, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rampage?

Or simply another case involving drug addicts disguised as patients at a *wellness center* hiding-out from their dope dealers they still owe money, and said dope dealers finding them and doing what all dope dealers do; murder.

June 4, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mercy

Bit of a leap there, mate.

June 4, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

dazzle © may be too literate for this thread.
    .@ and so...:
    I have never murdered or killed anyone, whether the candidate was convicted or not. I made the decision not to murder anyone after thinking it through for myself, however, not because of something I read. There is also a law against it; the law is subject to many influences and readings, including the influences of other existing laws.
    In a war, as a soldier, I would kill.

June 4, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dazzle ©

@Joey, good to see you.

June 4, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

U 2, dazzle, and always. I have a scheduled conference call coming in right now.

June 4, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dazzle ©

@Joey, I hate conference calls unless their productive. I hope your day is wonderful.

June 4, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Alcohol Inpatient

Professional drug treatment services play a very significant role in overcoming alcohol and drug addiction. While the will-power of a person can go a long way when it comes to getting out of any type of addiction, proper addiction treatment under the expert guidance of a medical professional is often necessary. Alcohol Inpatient

August 10, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |