Bahrain's ambassador to France has denied accusations of assault after the French Foreign Ministry confirmed that a formal complaint had been made against a foreign envoy.
The diplomat, Nasser Al-Belooshi "forcefully" denied allegations made by former employees, calling them "inaccurate and unfounded," according to the official Bahrain News Agency.
The ambassador "remains at the disposal of the French authorities to shed light on these false accusations," the news agency said Wednesday.
The denial came a day after French Foreign Ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said a prosecutor in the city of Nanterre had opened an investigation against an ambassador. Valero did not name the envoy or say what country he came from.