Police: Musician Bob Welch kills self
Bob Welch, Fleetwood Mac's guitarist for three years, is pictured in 1978 in Los Angeles.
June 7th, 2012

Police: Musician Bob Welch kills self

Bob Welch, a guitarist who played with Fleetwood Mac before launching a solo career, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his chest, Nashville, Tennessee, police said Thursday. He was 66.

Welch's wife found his body in their Nashville home about 12:15 p.m., Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron said.

"All indications are that it was a suicide," Aaron said. A suicide note was found, he said.

Welch played guitar with Fleetwood Mac starting in 1971. He left the group in late 1974, just before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined the group.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Music • Showbiz • Tennessee
  1. dazzle ©

RIP dearest Bobby. I will not forget you. My "ebony eyes" have wept for you today.

June 7, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Hope

My condolences to his family during their tragic loss.

June 8, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. Name*belinda

I will you Dearly My Condolences to the Family Your in my Heart Always.....

June 8, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

I enjoyed Bob Welch's music as a youngster, but haven't really given the man much thought in the past 40 yrs. or so.
    I'm wondering how his death is already being called a suicide, recalling how long it took for Whitney Houstons cause of death to be determined officicially.
    I also recall the worlds most successful pediatric surgeon (in terms of lives saved on the operating table) being found dead in his happy family home lying next to a shotgun and bottle of booze, though he wasn't a drunk nor did he ever own guns...his death was IMMEDIATLY labed a suicide. (you may recall him. he's the guy who discovered USA aids meds being donated to africa in exchange for credit with the world bank were placebos)
    RIP Mr. Welch. "Have you seen that girl in the corner" still echoes in my mind even after all these decades. And i hope to be there when you are awakened from your sleep to greet you in the flesh.

June 8, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Imagine

Imagine Bob Welch being brought back to life and the first person he sees is me. LOL. "Hey Mr. Welch. Before I update you on what just happened, would you mind singing that song? I only recall bits and pieces..."have you seen that girl in the corner...i'd like to break her out of her chains" See? Can't remember. I'm getting glimpses of "if i had my way with you baby" somewhere in there.

June 8, 2012 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. dazzle ©

TY @Philip and or Imagine, I've been trying to recall that song since I heard the news about Bobby. I am truly sad about his choice to take his own life but glad to hear that the media didn't blame it on a "mental disorder." Bob had an impact on little young me when I was living in the Village.

June 8, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. dazzle ©

Per my post above, the lyrics quoted by others might be part of ebony eyes but I don't recall. Have to check some old vinyls to be sure.

June 8, 2012 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. blog lock?

Having trouble posting RIP Dr. Jonathan Drummond-Webb mentioned above.

June 8, 2012 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. Lyrics (also Lainies song)

Well have you seen that girl in the corner
    I'd like to take her out of her chains
    Cause if I had my way with you baby, I would be changing your life today.
    She was the same as a hundred ladies
    But when my eyes looked at hers I learned
    That she was keeping a secret fire
    And if I got real close I'd burn
    So it looked like I had to move slowly
    Like a cat at night in the trees
    Cause I was waiting for her to show me
    The way that she likes her love to feel.
    (goodness gracious rest in peace Mr. Bob Welch. And thank you.)

June 8, 2012 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. LMAO

@CNN hitler youth cherry picking posts as if jews for camps.

June 8, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LMAO

...with some posts left standing (jewish officers of The Third Reich), others posted and then deleted later (jewish men posted at secret underground military installations, and then murdered so they could never tell) and still others deleted for purely personal reasons. (jewish women and children experimented on at Bayer AGs corporate concentration camp, even before the war. Their mass graves still lay beneath todays Bayer Pharmaceuticals world headquarters, built atop Bayer AGs corporate camp site)

June 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |