June 9th, 2012

State media: China to launch manned spacecraft this month

China plans to launch a manned spacecraft this month to dock with a space lab that has been orbiting the earth since September, state media reported Saturday.

The Shenzhou-9 was moved to a launch platform Saturday to allow scientists to conduct tests before the mid-June flight, Xinhua news agency reported.

This will be China's first crew expedition involving manual docking. If all goes as planned, it will be the third nation, next to the U.S. and Russia, to dock capsules in space.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: World
  1. Thelma Lou Brickmore

Herk, when did you start drinking Crown and Coke?

June 9, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Herkimer Schwartz

I've been drinking my Crown for some time now. I had a thing going with Chivas Regal for a long time, but decided to smooth out my act a bit.
    How are you doing my lovely southern belle ? We haven't talked in quite some time.

June 9, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy©

I assure you, Mmmmm, my tuna is as clean as the driven snow...
    Martini's, no...tuna, yes....
    My tuna salad is tasty.
    Now the recipe will remain a secret.

June 9, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. dazzle ©

No darling bobcat you are just being cautious and wise.

June 9, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ Mmmmm

I meant to inquire how you were doing with your alligatoer dancing

June 9, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Thelma Lou Brickmore

Oh, there you are, Herkimer!
    I have not talked to you in so long!!
    I am just finer than frog hairs, and you know how fine frog hairs are.

June 9, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. banasy©

That really you, m.s.?

June 9, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. dazzle ©

Hello to you raven, hugs to you too

June 9, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. raven

Yup, s' me, m.s.(seen any eagles lately?)...hows e.l.t.? And thanks for the hug, dazzle!

June 10, 2012 at 12:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Thelma Lou Brickmore

I am off to retire for the evening, all.
    Herkie, nice to have seen you.
    The rest of y'all, toodles!
    Night.

June 10, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. banasy©

Tik tok do...
    Lot-o-stuff flying around these days....lol...
    Exhausted.
    Good night, my s.s.

June 10, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. raven

Night, TLB....I just popped in for a quick hello myself...my guys gotta gig so I can't stay either, but I will catch up.with your all tomorrow when I'm not rushed. Xoxo to all.

June 10, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. dazzle ©

Bye raven love, have fun at the gig.

June 10, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Never On Time"

Hi Banasy...I'm hanging in there. I'm sorry I didn't respond to you sooner. I picked up dinner on the way home. Wife and I ate. I've been knocked out. My days and nights get so messed up. Now I've got to try to rest for church in the morning, then it's back to work.
    And Hope? You don't have to appoligize, it's OK, really. There's being stepped on, and then there's being stepped on.

June 10, 2012 at 12:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Hope

I, really, am sorry... no excuse for the way I acted.

Nite All,