June 18th, 2012

Saudi Arabia names new crown prince

Saudi Arabia named Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz to be crown prince Monday, the state news agency reported, putting him next in line to the throne of the oil-rich kingdom.

His appointment comes a day after burial services for Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz, whose death was announced Saturday.

Salman, who was already defense minister, retains that post and becomes deputy prime minister as well, the Saudi Press Agency reported Monday, citing a royal order.

Nayef, a hard-line conservative credited with pushing back al Qaeda, also served as interior minister. He is being replaced by Prince Ahmed bin Abdulaziz, the Saudi Press Agency said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Saudi Arabia
  1. HIDE BEHIND

While this news seems to be just a tidbit about some Saudi political appointment its reach is far larger than that. The House of Saud is the foremost power in all of Islam and to just mention "hardliner" leaves a lot unsaid.
    Many here term Wahhabism without understanding. its full impact upon world at large, and no bib Ladin was not the same Wahabi believer as the SAUDI Royalty, not even close.
    Probably the most influential and poerrfull religious movement in Egypt today whereSaudis spend billions of petro dillars and where they have built iver 1500 "education centers" that provide all expences up through even university level.
    If you want to understand why US is so under rrporting true Egypt political situation one must understand the nature of US. and Saudis wralthiest leadets.
    If truth be known binLadins berf with Saudi petro-wahhabist royal family was main reason al Q was a made up enemy. and indeed got its start among oil interest under both Clibtonand Bush regimes.

June 18, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • PEDO BEAR

O_o Me no speaky gibberish 😛

June 18, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dazzle ©

@Thelma Lou, good afternoon to you my darling Southern belle.

June 18, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

@HIDE BEHIND 2:05...Very well said, and thank your for that explanation. People (man, woman?) like YOU should be on round-table TV news discussions. Make sure and wear a bullet resistant vest if so. 🙂
    And pls. allow me to expand on your conclusion mentioning how tight Bush-Clinton and the Bin Ladens are and have been for decades.
    1.) Bush dynasty/Bin Laden family become foundation members of the Bush-Bin Laden Group. (aka Carlyle Group USA)
    2.) After the Clintons robbed Arkansas blind (Whitewater) Bill couldn't find a job. So he went back to work for Bush-Zapata Petro brokering oil deals whereby Kuwait's Bushco oil would be sold to Iraq's OPEC contract customer, Ja pan.
    3.) Barbara Bush's housepet, Salim Bin Laden (Osama's brother) loans Georg Dubya 5 million dollars to start Arbusto Energy, another Dubya failed enterprise. Salim dies in freak plane accident near Houston, w/investment never returned4-987) Really. the close ties between the Bush, Clinton,and Bin Laden families are many and go...

June 18, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

...and go way back even before George HW Bush, then head of the CIA, recruits a young Rhodes Scholar into the CIA.
    Anyone who thinks these government men stand for God%Country needs brain surgury.

June 18, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Thelma Lou Brickmore

@Driller: why should I comment? I was trying to edify you as to the fact that it was not I who made such a mundane comment. I read. I occasionally post. Please do forgive a lady who was only trying to gently tell you that it was not I that made such an insipid statement. I do not like having my name sullied thus. Do you like having your name stolen and used for pap?

@dazzle: Hello, Miz dazzle. It is certainly nice to talk to a true lady, for the person I just commented to is CERTAINLY no gentleman.

June 18, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Thelma Lou, no that individual is nothing like your favorite appelant monsieur. I do hope you understand some French dear lady.

June 18, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thelma Lou Brickmore

@Miz dazzle: no, there is no-one like my favorite gentleman caller. Alas, I'm sitting on my veranda having a small sundowner, and then I shall retire for the evening. My C. Has been remiss in his attention to me lately. I shall have to pen a quick not of inquiry as to why that should be.

Good night, Miz dazzle. You are truly a spot of beauty in an otherwise ugly blog today.

June 18, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Old Driller

OK, Thelma. Now yer calling 90% of US 'insideous'. Most think the Deepwater Horizon "spill" was a genuine disaster, when in reality, as I said, it accounted for only a small % of oil spilled into the gulf each and every year.
    It's like news of foreigners being kileed as thousands of US citizens kill US citizens. Nnot counting raypes, robberies, Wall Street heists, etc etc etc)
    Care to comment or are you still focused on trolls.

June 18, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Thelma Lou Brickmore, as our you dear lady. Enjoy that sundowner and I do hope your letter of inquiry assists in finding him. Good Night to you!

June 18, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Old Driller

Idle chit chat takes center stage in the hen coop. 🙂 hagd ladies. Burn that oil, would ya? (not midnight oil. it gets burn't up ea. night/am here on the one...the only...N. he he Exqueeze Me!

June 18, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Thelma Lou Brickmore

Driller, you seem to have a problem following the path of the posts here. The thief using my name, at 12:20, said the following: "Why I do hope there ain't no more oil spills. Them things are slicker than a peeled onion." You then replied a very good post, but I had wanted you to know that I would have never written such a silly post. You then took me to task for a reason that I know not. You are now telling me that I called 90% of Americans insidious, when in fact I did no such thing; I was clearly and plainly talking about the post that was written under a stolen name, mine. I shall talk about what I want to; I shall not be bullied by a person who shall win the gold medal at this summer's Olympics in Conclusion Jumping, should he choose to eneter. I shall have no further conversation with you, but if you answer a post @Thelma Lou that was written by a thief of names, I SHALL correct you again.

June 18, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Thelma Lou Brickmore

Coming from a bully extrodinaire, I shall not take offence at your last remanr, Old. After all, you posted to me this last time, not I. Apparently one thinks intelligence is lessened by the mere fact of one's gender at birth. Have a lovely evening, Old Driller. As shall I. I am off to read mor posts that are not...shall we say...confrontational, and have some educational value to add to my ever-growing knowledge of the human condition. Good Evening.

June 18, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Old Driller

Nothing to say, eh? (other than about my person) What of the topic at hand? Can you see the similarities between whats going on in Egypt right now and how our nation began?

June 18, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip (Old Driller w/no TV, ever)

...that I can only afford to see my therapist twice per month? That sometimes I need to vent? And that when I do, just as when I was a child, my "mom" ignores what i have to say and implies there's something wrong with ME? That I'm the problem?
    Hell no you can't see this. And why this is the case is as described above.
    Big Monster society makes little monster society, and when that little monster leaves home at 15, breaking the cycle of abuse, working his ass off and paying taxes uo the ying yang, even to the very social programs that let me down as a child...with a huge chunk of that going to women who enabler abusers domestic violent lifelong welfare recipients...social security I'll never see b/c of the frauds.
    Waterboard Mrs. Sandusky and listen to her spill the beans on the abuser she enabled for 20 freaking years.
    Bannish any organized religion that has sheltered and enabled abusers. (that would be ALL of them)

June 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Thelma Lou Brickmore

Driller/Philip: I post occasionally. I read mostly. If you so choose to vent, by all means, do so. Please do not take your venting out on >me<. I just read and try to learn something, as many people do. Good day to you, young man.

June 19, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |