June 19th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

The Supreme Court may soon rule on the constitutionality of President Obama's health care law.  Once a ruling is issued, CNN.com Live will be there for all the reaction and fallout.

Today's programming highlights...

9:10 am ET - Romney roundtable - GOP presidential Mitt Romney participates in a small business roundtable in Frankenmuth, Michigan.  He'll later travel to Holland, Michigan, for a campaign event at 6:25 pm ET.

9:30 am ET - JPMorgan Chase CEO on hot seat - Jamie Dimon returns to Capitol Hill for the second time in as many weeks.  This time he testifies before a House committee on his bank's recent massive trade loss.

2:15 pm ET - Biden in California - Vice President Biden is on the campaign trail this afternoon.  He addresses the national convention of the AFSCME labor union in Los Angeles.

7:30 pm ET - Obama news conference - Before returning to Washington, President Obama will conclude his visit to Los Cabos, Mexico, by holding a briefing with reporters.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Mitt Romney • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. Philip

Hello Ladies. Sorry if you read my harsh words on the Dusky blog. Sometimes it all stirs up inside of me again, and sometimes I vent so as not to become too depressed. I'd just pop an antidepressant, but ya'll know how I feel about that.
    I am living proof of the damage done by men whom raype boys.
    It's not like a girl. A man is supposed to be strong. And he is supposed to be there to defend those whom are too weak to defend themselves...and I HAVE done much of that in my life...defending the little guy getting bullied. I used to bully the bullies. But inside, my self worth began deteriorating. I became a womanizer. And by the age of 19, totally emotionall unstable/unnavailable.
    I sank into a deep dark depression, even deep underground in the cocaine importing world. "Hollywood" they called me b/c I only wore my sunglasses at night. I worked all over the Rocky Mtn. area going after people who had burned clients of mine. Bloody. Assaulting even police officers. (3 times) Suicidal. Moment of ...

June 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

Moment of clarity. Sought help. Psychiatrist said Prozac. Took one. Ultra violent reaction. Sought second opinion. Found drug free therapy. Stuart Smalley type inner child therapy at first. It was if I had a little boy me following me around. Couldn't (wouldn't, actually) take it. Back to depression.
    Barfly womanizer again. Suicidal. Moment of clarity. Back to therapy. Therapist commits suicide. Imagine me paying YOU to sit there and hear me out.
    Crackhead living on streets of Vegas. Suicidal. Moment of clarity. Greogory M. Ortega (current therapist). Here I am. How do you like me now? Greg thinks I'm the bees knees and keeps wanting me to write a book. I had one 1/2 written...'Collbran'. Wouldn't do it. It would have killed too many people I love so much, I stay away from them for their sake under the guise it's for my own well-being.
    I DIDN'T DO THIS TO ME. And I'm a THOUSAND times the better man I was not too many years ago. Even in my weakened condition...even my age...my mind and body are...

June 19, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

...mind and body are well above average as far as being a professional/knowing what's up in the world.
    I'm posting this hoping for some understanding from you folks. Ya been a big part of my life and a purty good place to go for well over a year, maybe 2 by now? And what I post next is chilling to me, and I hope you too.

June 19, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Adolph Douglas

Addicts don't want their next fix. They need it. Adolph didn't give a sh/t if it was viamin B12 or amphetamines after he became addicted.
    My belief in God kept me from allowing my mind to be altered voluntarily by taking mind-altering prescription drugs for my manic depression. This is MINE. leave it alone. ty
    🙂 This has all been an adveritsement for my upcoming retelling of the story some of you heard about a year ago. Keywords 'A Soldiers Story. The Drugging Down Begins' if you want to search cyberspace. (or post an email and i'll fwd. to you. lmao. like that'll happen)
    More adults who were rayped as tiny little children not even old enough to distinguish betweeen fantasy and reality are among US than you think. THIS is where we got our national craving for drugs. THIS explains Cosmo ripping on emotionally unnavailable men. Yes, this explains little girls still looking for their daddy @47. Where the heck was she when it was going down?. Ditto little boys @53. And they call it 'madonna complex'. fin

June 19, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Wow and ive been watching for that road less traveled and by jove i think i just found it! 😉

June 19, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

And its been 2 years for me last april on these blogs and you were the lst person i talked too, so yup over 2 for you!

June 19, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Hi, Philip.
    I haven't been on the Dusky thread, as a) it's too long, and b) I've been having problems even staying on the net.
    It keeps booting me off.
    I know of your painful journey, and I wish you well.
    I've never wished anythibg but success for you, but I do need you to remember one thing: that everyone's path to healing may not be the same as yours, and not to disparage those people for choosing a different way that helps them.
    Good luck to you.

June 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Oh, one more thing:
    Cosmopolitan Magazine is the silliest publication ever; their portrayal of women should also be taken with a grain of salt, because it is a misrepresentation of intelligent women everywhere.
    Our branch doesn't even keep copies of it, that's how much disdain we have for that "Publication".
    What does one call women who hate men?
    Because, I feel, that is truly how Cosmo depicts itself...

June 19, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Good night, all.
    This phone is out of control.

June 19, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Hmmmm skeptical? Once burned twice shy? Or even smart maybe? I dunno, what would YOU call women that hate men?

June 19, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |