June 20th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The Supreme Court may soon rule on the constitutionality of President Obama's health care law.  Once a ruling is issued, CNN.com Live will be there for all the reaction and fallout.

Today's programming highlights...

9:30 am ET - IPO process hearing - The Facebook IPO fallout has made some wonder whether initial public offerings are worth it for ordinary investors.  A Senate banking subcommittee looks at the issue.

10:00 am ET - House committee considers Holder contempt vote - Attorney General Eric Holder is not on the best of terms with Republicans on the House Oversight Committee over "Operation Fast and Furious."  The committee may consider a contempt measure against Holder in a dispute over documents.

12:00 pm ET - Live chat with CNN's John King - It's time for our weekly chat with CNN's John King on all things politics.  Tweet your questions to @JohnKingCNN, and he may answer them on his show!

2:15 pm ET - Bernanke briefing on interest rates - It's that time of the month where the Federal Reserve Board considers whether to change interest rates or keep them the same.  Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will discuss the meeting at a briefing.

4:45 pm ET - Pro sports bounty program crackdown briefing - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is on Capitol Hill today.  He and Sen. Dick Durbin will discuss efforts to crack down on controversial bounty programs.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Economy • Health • Health Care • Health care reform • On CNN.com today
  1. saywhat

Thanks@Mary and@bobcat for bringing a smile to the day.
    good morning @chrissy@dazzle@banasy.

June 20, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Lol @ Mary, and here i thought i had a little power of persuasion!

June 20, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Good morning to you also saywhat! Im hoping for a beeyouteaful day lmao!

June 20, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

Well, it looks as though I'm being limited to one joke. Let me try again.

June 20, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mary

@ bobcat (in a hat)©, Try 'breaking up' the post into sections (post the first part then the second part in another post)

June 20, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

* "breaking IT up" I meant

June 20, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Mary

Maybe you're right. I know yesterday was really strange. They were letting me post one word at at time, then deleted that as well.

June 20, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

An old guy and his son had a one-mule farm where they eked out a living. One day, the son hit the lottery and won $50,000. He rushed into town, collected his money, then hurried back home, where he told his father the good news, and handed him $50 bill.

The father looked at the money for a moment and then said, "Son, you know I've always been careful with what little money we had. I didn't spend it on whiskey or women. In fact, I couldn't even afford a license to legally marry your Ma."

"Pa!" the son exclaims, "do you know what that makes me?"

"Sure do," said the old guy fingering the fifty-dollar bill. "And a cheap one, too."

June 20, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol...too funny!

June 20, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

GM @saywhat and my friends.

June 20, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

@ bobcat (in a hat)© LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that one's for all you parents out there 😉

June 20, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

lmfao @ bobcat! Omg that was hillarious. And yes you did banasy, and i believed you too! 😉 and now the whole world will also!

June 20, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

@ bobcat (in a hat)©, yep! Did you see *my posts* after you said "they ... wont.... let .... post"
    I said " let... bobcat (in a hat)©,.... post... his... jokes" 🙂

June 20, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Mary

Yes I saw that. It cracked me up big time.

June 20, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

@Mary:
    I saw that!
    I laughed so hard, lemonade came out of my nose!

June 20, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. Axme

Once upon a time there was a cable news network with a lack of ability because no one could be bothered with anything like that and they didn't feel like they got paid enough anyway.

The end.

June 20, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

@ banasy, LMAO 🙂 sorry about that

June 20, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

@Mary:
    It's all good! 🙂

June 20, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

The bartender asks the guy sitting at the bar, "What'll you have?" The guy answers, "A scotch, please." The bartender hands him the drink, and says "That'll be five dollars," to which the guy replies, "What are you talking about? I don't owe you anything for this."
    A lawyer, sitting nearby and overhearing the conversation, then says to the bartender, "You know, he's got you there. In the original offer, which consti tutes a binding contract upon acceptance, there was no stipulation of remuneration."
    The bartender was not impressed, but says to the guy, "Okay, you beat me for a drink. But don't ever let me catch you in here again."
    The next day, same guy walks into the bar. Bartender says, "What the heck are you doing in here? I can't believe you've got the audacity to come back!"
    The guy says, "What are you talking about? I've never been in this place in my life!" The bartender replies, "I'm very sorry, but this is uncanny. You must have a double."
    To which the guy replies, "Thank you. Make it a scotch."

June 20, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

😉 which bring up the old adage "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you" lol

June 20, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lmao!
      I assure you all that would have NEVER happened when I was bartending...lol...

June 20, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |