June 22nd, 2012

Friday's live events

The jury continues deliberating today in the trial of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.  CNN.com Live is your home for reaction once the verdicts are announced.

Today's programming highlights...

11:45 am ET - Rubio speaks to NALEO Conference - Sen. Marco Rubio has been called one of the favorites to be Mitt Romney's running mate.  The Florida Republican hits the national stage with an address before the National Association of Latino Elected Officials Conference in Florida.

1:35 pm ET - Obama speaks to Latino group - Also speaking at the NALEO Conference today is President Obama.  The conference is being held in the Florida community of Lake Buena Vista.

4:15 pm ET - Obama fundraiser - Following his remarks at the NALEO Conference, President Obama heads to Tampa to speak at a campaign fundraiser.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. banasy©

The jelly bean is neither made of jelly, nor a bean.
    Discuss.

June 22, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Superman

@@@dazzle hey superman here i work two jobs and sometimes three so im not always on very seldom but here in Calif you have to work i have two daughters so they are my heart and i take good care of them so how are you banasy good i hope and enjoy your summer as i will to talk soon superman here!!!

June 22, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Superman:
    It goes well.
    I hope you get to take a break from work soon!
    Take care, my dear!

June 22, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Superman

@@@Banasy i actually had a day off today and spent it with my youngest daughter and had a great time and thank you so much,,, im probably one of the most thankfully people you'll ever meet just ask around here on cnn but you are good people and do continue so thanks very much

June 22, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Superman:
      Why, thank you!
      You are one of the genuinely sweet people here...that I know for sure.
      Naysayers? Pfffft!
      Surround yourself with positivity, and you'll never go wrong, lol............

June 23, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Superman

My problem is when people bash or put others down for doing or living a different life that makes them happy and do conform to the others expectations of others there is no point of living in a grove all your life to conform to societies ways if people are so bothered by this then i suggest that those get a life and live life instead of being bored at others or disgusted at things that others do,,,,i stay very busy all year there is no off season for me just dedication and hard work after what I've been through i live everyday as if its my last and i will never and i mean NEVER regret it my girls see the prime example i set for them and follow to do the right thing on a daily basis good day all

June 22, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dazzle ©

Please silly troll, this is crazy!

June 23, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

The Pope met with the College of Cardinals to discuss a proposal from Shimon Peres, the former leader of Israel. "Your holiness," said one of the Cardinals, "Mr. Peres wants to determine whether Jews or Catholics are superior, by challenging you to a golf match." The Pope was greatly disturbed, as he had never held a golf club in his life.

"Not to worry," said the Cardinal, "we'll call America and talk to Jack Nicklaus. We'll make him a Cardinal, he can play Shimon Peres... We can't lose!" Everyone agreed it was a good idea. The call was made and, of course, Jack was honored and agreed to play.

The day after the match, Nicklaus reported to the Vatican to inform the Pope of his success in the match. "I came in second, your Holiness," said Nicklaus.

"Second?!!" exclaimed the surprised Pope. "You came in second to Shimon Peres?!!"

"No," said Nicklaus, "second to Rabbi Woods."

June 23, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Garoooooan!

June 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

After his graduation from college, the son of a Spanish lawyer was considering his future. He went to his father and asked if he might be given a desk in the corner from which he could observe his father’s activities and be introduced to his father’s clients as a clerk. His observations would help him decide whether or not to become a lawyer. His father thought this was a great idea and immediately helped to set it up.

The first client the next morning was a tenant farmer–a rough man with calloused hands who was dressed in workman’s clothing. He said,

"Mr. Lawyer, I work for the Gonzales farm on the east side of town. For many years I have tended their crops and animals, including some cows. I have raised the cows, fed them and looked after them. And I was always given the understanding and the belief that I was the owner of these cows. Now Mr. Gonzales has died and his son has inherited the farm. He believes that since the cows were raised on his land and ate his hay, the cows are his. In short, we are in dispute over who owns the cows."

The lawyer said, "Thank you. I have heard enough. I will take your case. Don't worry about the cows!"

The next client to come in, a young and well-dressed young man, was obviously a landowner. He said, "My name is Gonzales and I own a farm on the east side of town. We have a tenant farmer who has worked for my family for many years, tending crops and the animals, including some cows. I believe the cows belong to me because they were raised on my land and were fed my hay. But the tenant farmer believes they are his because he raised them and cared for them. In short, we are in dispute over who owns the cows."

After the client left, the lawyer’s son could not help but express his concern. "Father, I know very little about the law, but it seems we have a very serious problem concerning these cows."

"Don’t worry about the cows!" the lawyer said. "The cows will be ours!"

June 23, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Looks lke Spain has lawyers very similar to ours...
      Good Morning, Rawr.

June 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

@banasy©

Good Morning. Looks like a slow day in the joke depatment too. Was that great news about Sandusky or what ?
    Now they have him on suicide watch. Shoot, I would supply him the means of his choice.

June 23, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I wept for joy when I heard about the guilty verdict,
      I really did.
      Suicide watch? F that.
      I'd give him the same "special treatment" he gave to all of those biys...gen pop for him.

June 23, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

We are all surrounded by the same deadly diseases. There is no escaping a Pandemic. It will find you until it either dose, or is "cured", or goes away on it's own, if said disease be natural and not made in a lab.
    Point being, one's bublle would have to be pretty small for it not to be filled with what fills the world these days.

June 23, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

So small a bubble that it never encompassed the Viral Cancer Research Project began in Nazi Germany and continued with Congressional funding from the early 60s-late 70s.
    A RATHER SMALLISH BUBBLE WITH NO ROOM FOR THE 50,000 African chimps emperimented on...per year. This once secret program nearly sent the chimp into extinction.
    Of course when they ran out of african chimpanzees, the program began expirimenting on gay men from Manhattan. After AIDS broke-out, the program was cancelled. Or finished, if you understand.

June 23, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mirabelle

ha! just wanted to see my name on all 5 of the recent comments, lmao.

June 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

Experiencing blog lock.

June 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

According to the CDC, 15% of gays have now aquired HIV, and HIV has now spread to 2% of US city dwelling citizens whom are heterose xual.
    The Nazi Viral Cancer Research Project described above was just as real as NASA obtaining rockets from captured nazis. The US didn't even have jet engine tech. until captured from nazis. Sheesh.

June 23, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |