Zimmerman released from jail
July 6th, 2012

Zimmerman released from jail

George Zimmerman a Florida man charged with murder in the February shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin was released from jail on Friday, a day after a judge set a new bail amount.

A Florida judge on Thursday set a $1 million bail with new restrictions on Zimmerman (pictured), saying he believes the suspect may have been planning to flee the country to avoid prosecution in the killing of Martin.

Zimmerman's previous bail $150,000 was revoked last month after the judge learned Zimmerman and his wife had failed to disclose more than $150,000 in donations from the public.

Leading up to the judge's decision Thursday, Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara asked the judge to set the same $150,000 bail amount that he granted in April. Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda countered that Zimmerman should remain in jail without bail because he was complicit in lying to the court and can't be trusted.

FULL STORY
Post by: ,
Filed under: Courts • Crime • Florida • Justice • Trayvon Martin
  1. Mr Dalloway

Once Z gets to prison he's going to turn more tricks than a circus elephant.

July 6, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Bob

Put the lotion in the basket.

July 7, 2012 at 1:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Dott

I hope he can manage to leave this country. I never remember someone being treated like this in the USA. I thought we had a legal system that had to try a man before hanging him. I was in the middle on this thing until I saw Zimmerman's face and read about the life style Trayvon was living. He was shown to have already been expelled from school, smoked dope and found with burgurlar tools in his back pack and a nice stash of jewlery. Sounds like a young man who would over react to someone "following" him. Good luck George getting out of this media controlled country.

July 7, 2012 at 8:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pete

Dott,quit listening to FOX,you sound delushional and basically racist..Trayvon got suspended for having a very small amount of pot,it didn't even register on toxicology reports ,he didn't have burglar tools in his backpack,quit making things up.His mother sent him there for his father to care for him ,only a week.Zimmerman after being told not to leave his car did just that.He had a gun, community watch volunteers can't carry guns just mace,pepperspray.If Zimmerman listened to the dispatcher as originally told ,non of this would have happened.Just a teenager getting a tea and candy for his brother in which Zimmerman also saw that too while watching him in the store.Hey Dott, is it a crime in your state to get tea and candy for your little brother,its not here in Florida,I assure ya!!So please keep your delushional facts from Fox to yourself,I'm sick of people like yourself injecting unfactual theory into this sad story,read before making an ass out of yourself again....

July 8, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • h

The night that Trayvon Martin was killed he was commiting no crime. Even Zimmerman did not report a crime. Victims do not have to be perfect. His parents were concerned about him he has a brother in college we will never what his life would have been because a mentally unstable person with extremely poor judgement decided to play cops and robbers. Zimmerman behaved in an agressive impulsive as he had in the past. What makes you think he did not start the altercation? He has every reason to not be truthful. He has made bond twice he has people donating money to him. Most people in his situation would have a public defender and be in jail.

July 9, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

NEVER? saw anyone being treated like this? THEN, IT'S ABOUT TIME!
      If you feel it is acceptable to go after a black teen who is "just walking about" in Zimmerman's words...or "they always get away"! like those words better?
      The coward shot/killed the teen...claims self defense with those "LITTLE BOOBOO'S", (read all about this and more!)
      and YOU think he should be treated as though he is not a chicken poop?? I hope you leave this country AND take him with you!

July 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. idiot mr poe

Mr Poe, Mr Z went hunting and got his kill. There is absolutely no evidence that supports your accusations of Mr. Martin.
    Even if Mr Martin did punch Mr Zimmerman which i fully doubt was no cause for deadly force unless one is a coward.

July 7, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mickey1313

Did you not see the pics of the wounds on the back of his head. He was attacked. I guarantee that if I was punched, I'd do everything in my power to make sure my attacker could never hurt anyone again

July 7, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hi, Mickey.
      I saw the pictures; they almost look like scratches to me...
      I have to ask, thought, are you saying that anyone who throws a punch at another person deserves to die?
      I only ask because of your statement "I guaranteed that if I was punched, I'd do everything in my power to make sure my attacker would never hurt anyone again".
      Lot of dead people would be laying around, lmao!

July 7, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. WPWW

Our neighborhood watch block captain retired this past week so we have an opening Mr. Zimmerman. We'd be happy to give you the job AND pay you too.

July 8, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Julie

You MUST be desperate, and must not have any black friends with teens.
      But wait! he can also go after women, cops and DOES have an aggressive personality! Also, he is paranoid...so he will be looking at everything/everywhere! DO hire him..LOL!

July 10, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Teddy

For those of you that for any reason do not think this will turn riot.
    Please just read the signs at the protest,They are the same as King.
    This has been turned into a race war and for no reason.
    If you do read and follow everything RACE had nothing to do with it.
    Do your research .30% of all crime commited is done by people under the age of 17 nothing to do with color just a fact
    Believe as you wish but at least look at everything before you make up your mind.
    Blacks and people like Big Al are the ones that made this a race thing

July 11, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply